Matt Burton's kicking game

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
You would like to think so but after this season's start it's a little hard. Hopefully we go after the right players and learn to play effectively as a unit.
The only thing I'm worried about is player discouragement from too many losses.
If the whole club... Admin, coaching staff and players as a whole group can stay focused on what were trying to build and be patient, sooner or later the players we need will come on board and more game time together we will be effective as a unit.
As for me personally, I've lost patience...lol

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I think we should still come out in the media saying we want Burton released this season. It's obviously created a lot of publicity about Burton and a lot of interest.

I'm sure any players watching last nights game would have liked what they saw from Burton and that might entice them to want to play with him at the dogs. Would make us a more attractive proposition

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
If the whole club... Admin, coaching staff and players as a whole group can stay focused on what were trying to build and be patient, sooner or later the players we need will come on board and more game time together we will be effective as a unit.
Most of our team only knows how to lose, Jackson is probably the only one to have had any sort of success and that was early in his career and he has since declined. It just isn't really a great environment to bring though young talent...we badly need some quality experience, player that that come from good systems, internationals, players that are used to winning, etc.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Most of our team only knows how to lose, Jackson is probably the only one to have had any sort of success and that was early in his career and he has since declined. It just isn't really a great environment to bring though young talent...we badly need some quality experience, player that that come from good systems, internationals, players that are used to winning, etc.
Yep totally agree

djdeep4172

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sometimes you can have all the talent in the world in a squad doesn’t mean you will click,we can only hope so.
Anyway doggies on the up.
Forward pack on notice
Elliott and Jackson need to fire them up and themselves

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's a confidence thing with him I think. He seems scared. He's really got to back himself, demand the ball and run more, put little grubbers through for himself as he's got the pace. Not saying he should move away from the game plan, but he should try things a couple of times in a game. Needs to get more involved.
With Burton coming in 2022, I think that Avo should be developed as a FB, I know that Allen is doing an OK job there, but I still think that he could be a much better centre than Avo.
I know that Avo's favourite position is 5/8, but could also be a very good FB.

Sword

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sometimes you can have all the talent in the world in a squad doesn’t mean you will click,we can only hope so.
Anyway doggies on the up.
Forward pack on notice
Elliott and Jackson need to fire them up and themselves
100%

A champion team will always beat a team of champions!

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Yeah we all say the right thing: "we're building, be patient etc" ..but lose and the alarm bells of past years start ringing :grinning:

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Marty pulling Sulli out of the way is the kind of forward leader that wouldnt go astray with us.

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Really loving this kid, 22, tall big frame 1.9cm tall. Still growing, and going to be a monster half player, whats there not to like.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Really loving this kid, 22, tall big frame 1.9cm tall. Still growing, and going to be a monster half player, whats there not to like.
Well the budding champion has only JUST turned 21 so there is another bonus.

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
yep they probably say it was a good loss today boys well done