Opinion Matt Burton

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
I never hated Panthers like I do Roosters or Souths but I’m adding them to the list now
There quickly getting there aren't they. The idiots would've had a lot of fans from other clubs backing them against the usual wankers BUT their arrogance and attitude is just overwhelming. Aussies don't like arrogant c#nts and these guys are making it an art form. I've never wanted a club to self implode more than these guys. Ohh other than Rorters, Souths, Storm etc that is.

UndeadShadowMan

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
A few more signings might cheer Burton up about coming because I'd be worried to coming to this shit show. The block of cheese with a few others being mentioned plus confirmed JAC will make us competitive pushing top 8 next year for sure.

Sword

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Matt Burton is a decent player in a champion side. Next year, he'll be a decent player in a poor side. We have a few of those already so I hope we're not expecting miracles from him.

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
A few more signings might cheer Burton up about coming because I'd be worried to coming to this shit show. The block of cheese with a few others being mentioned plus confirmed JAC will make us competitive pushing top 8 next year for sure.
1000000%

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
think they realise he's better than luai and cleary lol contract is contract, if u wanna try break it then u can get banned from NRL for while, simples
I think that’s what they have realised that they failed to lock up the best young half in the game. Oh well. They made a mistake. Bad luck.

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Tell Burton to relax coz he won't be playing with half of these ¢unts next year coz they all won't be re-signed.

Sandra's Bollocks

Est. 1979
Reaction score
If I were Burton, I'd be pissed with everyone questioning my integrity and character. It's one thing for the media to make up shit for the "clicks" but for their own CEO to come out and say they're gonna try convince him to backflip, is very unprofessional.

All and sundry knows he badly wants to play in the halves, so why the fukk would he stay to play in the centres? Absolute fukking morons.

cookieman909

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well considering he’s already signed the contract. The dogs will be putting there foot down and he’ll be here. If not he can sit out.

Glenn L

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well considering he’s already signed the contract. The dogs will be putting there foot down and he’ll be here. If not he can sit out.
That’s fine but the club can’t afford to have a half a million a season player running around in NSW cup. We need to make every dollar count.

Powerslide

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He will play in First Grade, he will not sulk if the club refuse to release him... but lets be clear here. No one has suggested he even asking for a release. All that has been said is that the Panthers want to try and convince him to backflip.

So before the dogs even need to make a decision, the Panthers need to change his mind.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
The inbred centrelink bogans didn't want him before this season and now because he is beast mode they want to keep him?
Says a lot about Clearys ability to spot talent... dope...

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Spot on. Fucking make it clear to him we are the ones who showed faith while he sat in reserves. Go hard at fletcher and expose the **** trying to save face and go at him for a sanction. Go talk to to’o, Kikau, jfh, Leinu etc. push them to for $ too. See how he likes it

We got a kid outside their best squad and he’s forced his way in with injuries etc, playing out of position. Fuck right off. He’s our future. He’s our half for the next 10 years. Him and addo carr with a few more signings will see us move forward. Meanwhile panthers are about to start to be picked apart and no doubt exposed by storm again. Ivan’s a flop. Look at the tigers bus.

CeeEss

Kennel Established
Reaction score
To be fair, the only thing we have heard from Burton is that he's still keen to come. This is Fletcher applying pressure on the kid to try to renege but we haven't heard anything from Burton. By all accounts he is a quality kid and his class through all of this shitshow has shown through in spades. I have no doubt he will honour his contract and be an absolute star in blue and white.