Opinion Matt Burton

ATT

Kennel Established
Reaction score
It’s been in discussion for about three weeks. They don’t want him to leave. It is touch and go and will also need us to terminate the contract so there is a lot factors in play

dogzofwar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I missed the report, But I’m sure Panthers have said something like he is playing well and we’d love to keep him. While he is winning and scoring tries he might even question the decision himself, but end of the day he’s always said he wants to play No.6, he can certainly earn more as a 6 than he can plying 3-4, and he won’t play 6 with Luai in front of him, so I’m confident he’ll still be in the blue and white next year.
The chairman will sit him down and try and convince him to stay because “it is in his best interests “ they are taking a swipe at us

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
It’s been in discussion for about three weeks. They don’t want him to leave. It is touch and go and will also need us to terminate the contract so there is a lot factors in play
If he wants to backflip and our club fold and let him walk I'll walk away... Had enough of us being weak, it's time to stand up and be strong again.

MariaZ

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Are you all serious ? He has signed the contract, he is coming fuark me relax
Yes for all those who missed it they said Panthers want to keep him and Brian Fletcher wants to have a meeting with him to try and convince him not to join the bulldogs. He told nine News that he believes if Burton left he would be making a huge mistake to come to winless bulldog side and if Canterbury really cared that they would let him stay with them!

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yes for all those who missed it they said Panthers want to keep him and Brian Fletcher wants to have a meeting with him to try and convince him not to join the bulldogs. He told nine News that he believes if Burton left he would be making a huge mistake to come to winless bulldog side and if Canterbury really cared that they would let him stay with them!
Nope, a contract is a contract. Besides if he stays he will be playing out of position. Plus, unlike the other bottom 8 clubs, we are going to have a better future within the next few years.

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I don't think the club will terminate.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Fuck they are shut ***** Penrith... Think their shit don't stink... Ivan and Brandy would be pushing it the cockheads

Dogs79

Kennel Established
Reaction score
The chairman will sit him down and try and convince him to stay because “it is in his best interests “ they are taking a swipe at us
I reckon it was always the plan to keep him for the year and lean on him to backflip. He’s obviously a popular member of the squad, a huge talent and while they are winning they can play that card too.

dogzofwar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nope, a contract is a contract. Besides if he stays he will be playing out of position.
The only way is if he wanted to stay and we agreed to terminate which I’m sure we would oblige without any compensation cos we love bending over backwards for other clubs

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The only way is if he wanted to stay and we agreed to terminate which I’m sure we would oblige without any compensation cos we love bending over backwards for other clubs
I would vote these morons out if it happens.

Dog4life77

Kennel Established
Reaction score
This is where the signing of a player a season ahead is just fucking stupid..
So much can change during a season..
A coach can get sacked.
Players can get let go, and they may be players they wanted to play with.
The NRL need to stop the signing of players a season or more early.
The anxiety of a player reneging on a deal runs all season long.
Honoured contracts are a thing of the past now unfortunately.
If this happens, let’s hope it isn’t a chain reaction and JAC has second thoughts..
Nothing is ever 100% in the NRL..even when it’s 110%

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
think they realise he's better than luai and cleary lol contract is contract, if u wanna try break it then u can get banned from NRL for while, simples
Disgusting to that we developed players like JT, SBW, Asotasi, Barba only for other clubs to take them. It's our turn to get one back for once.

Matthew G

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He wont backflip, why would he want to play centres when we can offer him his preferred position? Also wont he be dropped when momorovski comes back?