Opinion Matt Burton following JT's foot steps

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Lets just see who plays and how they go. Would you rather brooks and liddle from the tigers then. and who knows how josh cook will go at hooker or how wakeham and averillo will go in a better side. The knights have pearce and brailey and have the 2nd worse attack in the game the tigers had brooks/benji and farah and they were still shit. players like burton can hopefully make others look better. look at jarhome hughes. he wasn't a halfback 3 years go and look at him now. I guarentee he wouldn't be that good in other teams. We have good players around our team now so it won't be as bad.

Having good players in your team can make the players around them look better than what they are.
Yes I would easily take Brooks and Liddle over Flanagan and JMK if they were on the same money.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Who said it was gonna be flanagan and jmk it could be wakeham/averillo and cook
Liddle shits on every hooker on our roster. Brooks shits on every halfback on our roster.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Liddle shits on every hooker on our roster. Brooks shits on every halfback on our roster.
Disagree. I know I'm against the fashionable trend of hating on our players, but Liddle isn't clearly better than JMK, they are probably about the same level, and depending on what you are looking for JMK is a better option.

We saw JMK 9 times in 2021, Liddle played 20 times. On the basis Liddle had a more consistent playing season, and played in a more successful team, you'd expect him to have better numbers, but a lot of the time he doesn't.

On a per game basis, JMK is better than Liddle for Kicks and Offloads, and has a substantially lower rate of Missed Tackles, Errors and Penalties. They are almost the same for Tackle Breaks and Run Metres, in fact they are both in the top 7 for run metres per game. Liddle has a higher rate of try assists and line breaks, but he also has one of the worst rates of try causes defensively, even worse than Katoa, 10 in 20 games. JMK had 1 in 9 games. It is a similar story for line break causes, Liddle had 13 in 20, JMK 2 in his 9 games.

On balance, I actually prefer JMK. He offers slightly less in attack, but a lot more in defence and consistency.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Disagree. I know I'm against the fashionable trend of hating on our players, but Liddle isn't clearly better than JMK, they are probably about the same level, and depending on what you are looking for JMK is a better option.

We saw JMK 9 times in 2021, Liddle played 20 times. On the basis Liddle had a more consistent playing season, and played in a more successful team, you'd expect him to have better numbers, but a lot of the time he doesn't.

On a per game basis, JMK is better than Liddle for Kicks and Offloads, and has a substantially lower rate of Missed Tackles, Errors and Penalties. They are almost the same for Tackle Breaks and Run Metres, in fact they are both in the top 7 for run metres per game. Liddle has a higher rate of try assists and line breaks, but he also has one of the worst rates of try causes defensively, even worse than Katoa, 10 in 20 games. JMK had 1 in 9 games. It is a similar story for line break causes, Liddle had 13 in 20, JMK 2 in his 9 games.

On balance, I actually prefer JMK. He offers slightly less in attack, but a lot more in defence and consistency.
:tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy:

JORDZILLA

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
FOLLOWING POST WILL COME BACK IN COUPLE YEARS TIME WHEN WE WIN THE PREIMERSHIP

Kenya

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He's actually a outside back mark my words .
You might be right mate. I’m also seeing him as a centre, or a running 5/8, but he sure can play.

Hope he fires at 5/8.