News Matt Bowens Nephew Dwayne Ludwick inks two year deal with NRL Club Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs

Jackson_1994

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Via Courier Mail Sport

Yet another Marist College Ashgrove First XV schoolboy rugby sensation has inked a deal with a professional rugby club. See the Canterbury Bulldogs newest recruit who not only possesses a deadly goose step but is the relative of an NRL legend.

The 18-year-old nephew of Matt Bowen watches highlights of the North Queensland Cowboys legend before bumping off and goose stepping defenders on the footy pitch.

Fullback Dwayne Ludwick, 2021 Old Boy of Marist College Ashgrove, only began his rugby league journey last year and it hasn’t taken long for scouts to detect the makings of an NRL star.

The apprentice chippy starred in the Ashgrove First XV for three years but once he left he decided it was time for a change, taking his talents to the Beenleigh Pride in the Brisbane Rugby League competition.

He had his first taste of league in the First XIII schoolboy rugby season last year and has not looked back, the Hope Vale product signing a two year deal with the Bulldogs to play for their Jersey Flegg side in S.G Ball competition which is played in New South Wales.

Ludwick was humbled by the opportunity, just as shocked as anyone only one year into their rugby league journey would be after being given the chance to move to Sydney, sharpen their skills and begin their professional career.

Ludwick will fly down to Sydney on Friday where he will stay with his Auntie, which he said was “very comforting.”

He had been living with Auntie Kia and uncle Brenton Bowen in Brisbane, who were “real supportive and super excited” for the youngsters next chapter.

Ludwick said: “I am very excited. I am most excited just to get back out on the pitch and play.

“Hopefully I can play my best footy and make the main side one day. Even though I only started playing in 2021, it feels like a long time coming.”

Recently he has been perfecting his craft with the Wynnum-Manly Seagulls Colts side.

He said he models his game off Matt, whether it be his stepping ability, eyes up footy, speed off the ball or just trampling over players.

Ludwick’s step could undo even the greatest defensive teams so there’s little wonder why the young gun who turns 19 next month has been sought after by the Bulldogs.

billy beane

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
ᴍᴀᴛᴛ ʙᴏᴡᴇɴ’ꜱ ɴᴇᴘʜᴇᴡ ᴅᴡᴀʏɴᴇ ʟᴜᴅᴡɪᴄᴋ ɪɴᴋꜱ ᴛᴡᴏ ʏᴇᴀʀ ᴅᴇᴀʟ ᴡɪᴛʜ ɴʀʟ ᴄʟᴜʙ ᴄᴀɴᴛᴇʀʙᴜʀʏ ʙᴜʟʟᴅᴏɢꜱ

Via Courier Mail Sport

Yet another Marist College Ashgrove First XV schoolboy rugby sensation has inked a deal with a professional rugby club. See the Canterbury Bulldogs newest recruit who not only possesses a deadly goose step but is the relative of an NRL legend.

The 18-year-old nephew of Matt Bowen watches highlights of the North Queensland Cowboys legend before bumping off and goose stepping defenders on the footy pitch.

Fullback Dwayne Ludwick, 2021 Old Boy of Marist College Ashgrove, only began his rugby league journey last year and it hasn’t taken long for scouts to detect the makings of an NRL star.

The apprentice chippy starred in the Ashgrove First XV for three years but once he left he decided it was time for a change, taking his talents to the Beenleigh Pride in the Brisbane Rugby League competition.

He had his first taste of league in the First XIII schoolboy rugby season last year and has not looked back, the Hope Vale product signing a two year deal with the Bulldogs to play for their Jersey Flegg side in S.G Ball competition which is played in New South Wales.

Ludwick was humbled by the opportunity, just as shocked as anyone only one year into their rugby league journey would be after being given the chance to move to Sydney, sharpen their skills and begin their professional career.

Ludwick will fly down to Sydney on Friday where he will stay with his Auntie, which he said was “very comforting.”

He had been living with Auntie Kia and uncle Brenton Bowen in Brisbane, who were “real supportive and super excited” for the youngsters next chapter.

Ludwick said: “I am very excited. I am most excited just to get back out on the pitch and play.

“Hopefully I can play my best footy and make the main side one day. Even though I only started playing in 2021, it feels like a long time coming.”

Recently he has been perfecting his craft with the Wynnum-Manly Seagulls Colts side.

He said he models his game off Matt, whether it be his stepping ability, eyes up footy, speed off the ball or just trampling over players.

Ludwick’s step could undo even the greatest defensive teams so there’s little wonder why the young gun who turns 19 next month has been sought after by the Bulldogs.
We are signing a heap of high ceiling types with an emphasis on speed .... love it.

Roger the alien

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Kids got some skills no doubt, I assume he'll start in jersey flegg? What do people see as his best position?

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score

Jackson_1994

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It will be interesting to see what they do with all these young fullbacks, Cooper White, Joash Papalii, Blake Wilson and now Dwayne Ludwick.
Yer I forgot about them hahahaha till u just mentioned it has played wing in union so could be another option to many options now good to have though haven't really had this much competition in a long time

Roger the alien

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yer I forgot about them hahahaha till u just mentioned it has played wing in union so could be another option to many options now good to have though haven't really had this much competition in a long time
I wouldn't mind seeing Dwayne Ludwick in the centres in Flegg to start the year and running the fullback like this.
SG BALL FB - COOPER WHITE
JERSEY FLEGG FB - JOASH PAPALII
NSW CUP FB - BLAKE WILSON

senshidog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wouldn't mind seeing Dwayne Ludwick in the centres in Flegg to start the year and running the fullback like this.
SG BALL FB - COOPER WHITE
JERSEY FLEGG FB - JOASH PAPALII
NSW CUP FB - BLAKE WILSON
Might be Declan Casey or Corey Allen at fullback in NSW Cup next year?

oldpuppy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't know what exactly is Gus's plans with these recruits but it has a good feel about it.

2ndphase

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Might be Declan Casey or Corey Allen at fullback in NSW Cup next year?
Highly doubt it! too many good kids coming through.
Wilson is 22 too old for Flegg im guessing he will be fullback and pushing Averillo.