News Match Review / Judiciary round 5 charges

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
This "contrary conduct" charge tells you nothing. I am guessing that Asofa-Solomona has been fined for the punch on Ogden whilst Melbourne players held him down & had him pinned but what was Ofahiki fined for? He shoved Munster after Munster tocked him on the head. He didn't throw any punches. Munster should have been binned for starting the whole thing. I hope Bellamy had a word to him about getting that crap out of his game.

I seem to remember a game last year when an opponent made a mistake which led us to one of our few tries for the year, one of our players could have rubbed his nose in the mistake, but instead picked him up & was a good sport about it. I think it was Georgallis who made special mention of the good sportsmanship there.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
After seeing all the footage this week of what went on in the days of Tommy Raudonikis .. this was a nothing incident..
Absolutely, but you know how it is.!! Crap.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
They deem the NAS punch a fine, the same as Ofa's ?

Crazy bias.

Battybulldog

Waterboy
Reaction score
Ogden pulled Papenhuyzens hair 50m upfield, which started a little scuffle. Storm scored the same set, which is why Munster gave Ofa the treatment after the try. Ogdens been cited for the hair pull, NAS for the punch.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Ogden pulled Papenhuyzens hair 50m upfield, which started a little scuffle. Storm scored the same set, which is why Munster gave Ofa the treatment after the try. Ogdens been cited for the hair pull, NAS for the punch.
Ok ...but a punch is the same fine as a hair pull? Aren't punches completely outlawed?

BULLDVGS

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok ...but a punch is the same fine as a hair pull? Aren't punches completely outlawed?
Hair pull is a complete bitch move and Ofa should be suspended if it was deliberate.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Hair pull is a complete bitch move and Ofa should be suspended if it was deliberate.
True but not defending hair pulls.

Is it same scale fine as a punch, which we were told is completely banned and the worst offence in same category as gouging and biting?

Seems lop sided charge to me under the rules.

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

Is it same scale fine as a punch, which we were told is completely banned and the worst offence in same category as gouging and biting?

Who told you that....

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Pics/vid of NAS' punch of the guy on the ground please .

BULLDVGS

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Its hard to say tbh. Id say hair pull (if deliberate) and dogshot punch are on the same plane on the footy field.