Mason to Knights.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Go Dogs

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
****in oath. I still fantasise about the last few years of Darren Britt's career at the dogs..

Qld-Dog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
No problem, I just thought you may have known how much that's all there was no hidden agenda with my questions.

'G'

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
No problem, I just thought you may have known how much that's all there was no hidden agenda with my questions.
Apparently he's on 40k plus match payments which is a bargain IMO

OTTO

Playing Pablo
Reaction score
Didnt mind him at the Cowboys, didnt like him at Chooks & wont like him there

Bakes

The REAL Bakes
Reaction score
Will probably go better than some of the duds they are paying massive money to, ie Snowden, Costigan etc

(((((SMACK)))))

Jados Boutros
Reaction score
Will probably go better than some of the duds they are paying massive money to, ie Snowden, Costigan etc
Snowden yes but leave Neville out of it!!!!!! If that is the correct price then it is a bargain. Good luck to him.

FaceBreaker

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Honestly there are some fkn stupid management in certain clubs.

40k + match payments is a bargain. He is a premiership winner + Clive Churchill + ex rep player.

He is 30+ now and has matured a bit, he brings some experience and off field leadership qualities.

Why para didnt get him is anyone guess, their entire forward pack bar perhaps MoiMoi are duds, he is one club he could have made a world of difference to.

MattyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
You guys putting the boot in are idiots. Mason at least was a champion player and he now he will be playing under the best coach he has easily ever had. Bennett will get the best out of mason, you will see. As if mason would of been focused up at the cowboys with thirsty, willie tonga & co up in the tropics or at the ****ing roosters.

Good luck willie!
He played his best in 04, it was downhill from there.
He was on 2-300k with the Dogs and Roosters, now al he gets is 40k, lol

RowdyDog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Honestly there are some fkn stupid management in certain clubs.

40k + match payments is a bargain. He is a premiership winner + Clive Churchill + ex rep player.

He is 30+ now and has matured a bit, he brings some experience and off field leadership qualities.

Why para didnt get him is anyone guess, their entire forward pack bar perhaps MoiMoi are duds, he is one club he could have made a world of difference to.
Surely you jest ?!?

It's no co-incidence :
(a) in his year at the cowboys they picked up the spoon (well, would have if it wasn't for the Storm losing all their points)
(b) they didn't want him beyond his one year contract
(c) Their recruiting policy changed the following year to recruiting wholesome, hard-working types eg Brent Tate, Dallas Johnson, Glenn Hall

And the roosters culture 3 years on still hasn't recovered from his "off field leadership qualities"

Trendsetter

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
It's a bonus for us.. Every team he has touched has crumbled beneath his disgusting attitude as a human being. The more clubs that give him a chance, the better! It'll be a matter of time before he gets on Bennets last nerve and is sacked there too. All he's shown is that he's not co operative, doesn't adjust to discipline well & brings in negative publicity with every step he takes. I give him half a season under Bennet, TOPS!

sjwal0

Waterboy
Reaction score
i think mason will do well for knights actually.. Bench player bring impact.. well his 32 now so this is his last shot i think he will do well

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Didnt mind him at the Cowboys, didnt like him at Chooks & wont like him there
Bit of a final insult considering plenty of novacastrians used to try and undermine the Bulldogs mindset over the years with plenty of troublemaking.
It was his last resort obviously, can't blame him for signing.

Tha DoggFather

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
You guys putting the boot in are idiots. Mason at least was a champion player and he now he will be playing under the best coach he has easily ever had. Bennett will get the best out of mason, you will see. As if mason would of been focused up at the cowboys with thirsty, willie tonga & co up in the tropics or at the ****ing roosters.

Good luck willie!
Best coach? Please, Bellamy leaves him for dead

In the last decade say, it would have to be...

1. Bellamy
2. Hasler
3. Bennett

w00t

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Best coach? Please, Bellamy leaves him for dead

In the last decade say, it would have to be...

1. Bellamy
2. Hasler
3. Bennett
Honestly i think Hasler > Bellamy...Hasler never had the luxury of a salary cap cheating team, His two halves, Foran and Cherry-Evans were rookies before they won last year, i sincerely doubt that Bellamy could produce a premiership winning team without the spine of Slater, Smith and Cronk, and even then Hasler has already equalled him. Ignoring the fact that the Storm got stripped of their titles, both of them have won 2 premierships in the past 5 years

Trendsetter

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Your right Lala.. Bellamy wouldn't have done much without Slater, Cronk n Smith, but then again, he has this different mentality towards the game.. He's made the game change in so many ways, they have to review the rules every week because of him. If anything, Des has more similarities to Bennet, Bellamy is just an outside the box thinking kind of coach.. new breed of coach dare I say.

P

Paint.

Bellamy wouldnt have done the same without Slater, Cronk and Smith.
Bennett wouldnt have done the same without Lockyer, *****, Thaiday, Petero, Alfie, Walters, etc
Hasler wouldnt have done the same without DCE, Orford, Foran, G Stewart, B Stewart, etc.

In the end, the Broncos/Dragons and Manly sides that have won have had all round strong sides, whereas the Storm have probably the weakest forward pack in the NRL, and a weak bench, too. Any of those players would struggle to crack a frst grade bench spot at another club, yet Bellamy just makes these players world beaters.
And you can't compare Hasler to Bennett; no coach has ever been as successful as him.

Bakes

The REAL Bakes
Reaction score
Yes but Bennett has had his day. His boring dinosaur tactics are a thing of the past. His last premiership will be the one he got at the Dragons

Status
Not open for further replies.