Mason slams Craig Wing

Status
Not open for further replies.

alz_274

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
fair call from mase i dont disagree with him one bit, thats just stupid from craig wing, p.s. great call on all the kennel "insiders" who said craig was signing with us...

Mason blasts Wing's publicity stunt
Thursday, June 21, 2007 - 10:46 PM

Bulldogs forward Willie Mason says he'd be filthy if any of his NRL teammates "paraded" around with their future club and were involved in a Craig Wing-style publicity stunt.

Mason said Sydney Roosters players have every right to be filthy on Wing after the hooker fronted a press conference in front of a South Sydney logo and sponsor to announce he would defect to the Redfern club on a four-year deal next season.

Mason said neither Mark O'Meley (Roosters) earlier this year or Roy Asotasi (Rabbitohs) last season were announced as leaving Belmore with the same fanfare as Wing enjoyed on Wednesday.

"When Mark O'Meley left or Roy Asotasi left none of that sort of thing happened," Mason said on the Channel Nine Footy Show,.

"I would be filthy if Ogre (O'Meley) paraded himself like that around.

"If Ogre had of done that and gone through all that kind of garbage it would have caused a rift with the players.

"You can beat around the bush and say 'yeah not really' but he (Wing) turns up to training today and it probably would have been the worst day of his life.

"The players would have been going 'how the hell can you do that to us, you've been here for eight years.' I just think the players would be a little bit filthy in thinking you've obviously got some other issues."

Mason's thoughts were shared amongst the NRL, with Cronulla coach Ricky Stuart saying he would not be able to coach Wing if he was Roosters mentor Chris Anderson.

"I would probably struggle to coach a player who was sitting in another team's press conference talking up his future with that club," Stuart told Nine.

But Souths co-owner Peter Holmes a Court defended Wing and said the press conference was partly a stunt to hurt the Roosters after they blew the secret on their website by announcing the player was leaving their club a day before the official announcement.

"They released what a player is doing before he has signed with that club. That is really not on as far as I'm concerned," said Holmes a Court.

"He wanted to come back and speak to (Roosters) chairman (Nick Politis) and his teammates before anything happens. An hour after that it was on the Roosters website that he was coming to Souths.

"We wanted to present Craig in the most professional light.

"He started that press conference by thanking the Roosters.

"We try not to get drawn into battle but the passion runs deep, the mistrust runs deep. It always oscillates between very high temperatures and extremely high temperatures."

theFAT

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Fair article. If it wasnt for the Roosters website BS Souths wouldnt have went to the lengths they did.

Naji

CBF
Reaction score
u believe that crap? that was always going to happen. its another publicity stunt by a lame ass club.

Note how real clubs i.e. dogs, broncs ect dont need to resort to such lame stunts

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Their gonna drum this up now, and make Souths players and officials hate Mase

iWahash

Hannant
Reaction score
lol mason should stfu and slam his own team mates for playing like *****es. then look at other people. because wings form > most bulldogs form.

wing isnt a bulldog and mason shouldnt concern himself with wing. he should concern himself with beating the sea eagles tomorrow night..ffs.

H

Hazmak

As long as he protects himself, he can slam whoever he wants IMO

HTH

lockyer

Kennel Established
Reaction score
lol mason should stfu and slam his own team mates for playing like *****es. then look at other people. because wings form > most bulldogs form.

wing isnt a bulldog and mason shouldnt concern himself with wing. he should concern himself with beating the sea eagles tomorrow night..ffs.
I second this one personally, the fact is, Wing isn't even a Bulldog, none of Mason's business at all, this is much like the Bailey/civo inteference, They should just get on with it.

Deception_2112

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree with Majn00n

Why does Mase bother talking about Wing? He should comment on how filthy he is about his teammates form and to a certain extent his form agains the Broncos.

He was filthy on the night and i doubt Mase would be over it yet. The game was there to be won and they didn't win it.

And why do Roosters and Rabbitohs pull out the most useless stunts? Atm they're both clubs trying to buy a premiership.

Funnily enough ever since Fittler ( a legend ) left the Roosters, they have struggled. Dogs' premiership hangover and in 2006 back in business.

Really, the good teams don't bother with such sh!t.

Naji

CBF
Reaction score
mason was referring to league in general not just the craig wing situation. he is saying that it was wrong what happened and in the future it should not happen.

im sure willie doesnt care about wing or holmes a hyphon. he was putting it from a rugbly league perspective

PHELPSY

DEEEEEEBO
Reaction score
Mason has a right to say what he wants and he surly did slam wing. on ya mase :grinning:

AC

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just goes to show the immaturity of Souths then. This could have made the roosters look like idiots but now its turned on them. So it should. Stupid and childish are the first two things that come to mind.

So what if mason makes comments - he was asked an opinion and he gave it... which is what he is entitled to do. Get over it. If mason was asked about his teams form i am sure he would answer those questions - for mason to bag his teammates form publicly would just cause rifts between our players.... so suggesting he do that is moronic and stupid. He says what he says to keep the media happy and they club deals with onfield issues behind closed doors.

iWahash

Hannant
Reaction score
Just goes to show the immaturity of Souths then. This could have made the roosters look like idiots but now its turned on them. So it should. Stupid and childish are the first two things that come to mind.

So what if mason makes comments - he was asked an opinion and he gave it... which is what he is entitled to do. Get over it. If mason was asked about his teams form i am sure he would answer those questions - for mason to bag his teammates form publicly would just cause rifts between our players.... so suggesting he do that is moronic and stupid. He says what he says to keep the media happy and they club deals with onfield issues behind closed doors.
firstly, about souths, i agree. but what i'm saying is that the article written about him, by him or whatever is unneeded by him to go into details about wings actions, seriously. he should keep his mouth shout and out of the media for a little while longer, just until the team is abit more stabliised, because the team is a little off the rails at this point in time. (imo)

tbh i think my reaction is just a culmination of frustration due to the bulldogs bad form/bad publicity/lack of formidable signings.

AC

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
understandable... i am frustrated aswell!... but he said it on the footy show panel - its also understandable why they asked him due to the fact he is a current player... no doubt him being mason they will also extend what he has said for an article...

Mac

lol finch
Reaction score
I think mason just got sick of hearing his boyfriend anasta cry on the phone about what wing did to his team, mason has a soft spot for them poofs.

P.M.

Ban Ned
Reaction score
well he is on the footy show to speak his mind, because thats entertaining

just doing his job :p

Bry

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Mason is spot on. Peter Holmes a Hyphen's face was gold when Willie fired up! The audience cheered after Willie spoke, it shows what most people think. It was a slap in the face for the Roosters and it was petty if they did it to get back at them for releasing the information about Wing before he had signed.
Mason always says exactly what he thinks and doesnt **** around using cliches and avoiding the subject. For that reason alone he gets respect from a lot of people. They may not like him, but they respect him because of that.

Mo_Idriss

MeaN MachinE
Reaction score
That Peter Holmes a Court is a farking gronk f a g.

ohh as far as im concerned... oh as far as im concerned... oh as far as im concerned you can eat a d i c k..... what south's did was dirty and stupid.... I couldn't give a fark its not like I like d scum roosters.... but IMO that was stupid... wing is going to have a very hard 2nd half year....

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score

WTF? Mason is a host on the Footy Show and they obviously want his opinion on the situation. What's he meant to do?

Fatty: What do you think about the situation, Willie?

Willie: Yeah, we need to buckle down for 80 minutes to beat Manly

???

Status
Not open for further replies.