Mason on James Graham podcast

harks76

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Never watched a podcast in my life, sat through 10mins of that and it was awesome, Im 46 so relates to me re social media and what not. Lots of dogs players where I grew up in the 90s and very lose times but no phones

Paul Doolans mirror

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Can't believe the return of sbw to belmore hasn't been mentioned by anyone....good to see mason,omeley,Ryan,Sherwin,asotasi,Tonga,sbw,turner return to help out the bulldogs

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
That was fucking gold to watch!! Thanks for sharing @bradtalo! Looks like Jammer will be on the staff soon, great move!!
Love Mase, what a legend. Loved him as a player, and love his attitude. Quite surprised by how articulate and intelligent the guy is. Deep thinker it would appear. Interesting to hear him talk about regularly enjoying Psilocybin. People dissmiss what they dont understand, but this stuff makes your brain function in a capacity you could not comprehend without trying it.
Interesting hearing of his friendship with Marco Pierre White. One of the OG chefs!!

Daustin

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
That was fucking gold to watch!! Thanks for sharing @bradtalo! Looks like Jammer will be on the staff soon, great move!!
Love Mase, what a legend. Loved him as a player, and love his attitude. Quite surprised by how articulate and intelligent the guy is. Deep thinker it would appear. Interesting to hear him talk about regularly enjoying Psilocybin. People dissmiss what they dont understand, but this stuff makes your brain function in a capacity you could not comprehend without trying it.
Interesting hearing of his friendship with Marco Pierre White. One of the OG chefs!!
Australia is now the first country to legalise psilocybin and mdma for medical use as well as of a few days ago. Seems a lot of footballers are looking at alternative options which is interesting to see

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Australia is now the first country to legalise psilocybin and mdma for medical use as well as of a few days ago. Seems a lot of footballers are looking at alternative options which is interesting to see
No shit? Seriously??

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Never heard Willie swear so much before.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Listening to Mase talk about what's been happening at the club recently and the beliefs they are trying to instill in the young lads had me getting excited about the future of the Doggies and pumped for the new season to kick off.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Yep! A glimmer of hope for a lot of people suffering with mental illness. At least our Goverment is open to trying something different
I looked it up when i saw your post. They were using micro doses of Psilocybin to treat these same issues way back in the 50s, and had great results too. Then some wacko killed a bunch of people and the blamed it on acid, and that was the end of it. Suddenly it was a gateway to hell all of a sudden.
A day in the wilderness tripping on mushies or LSD is mindblowing!!!

Daustin

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I looked it up when i saw your post. They were using micro doses of Psilocybin to treat these same issues way back in the 50s, and had great results too. Then some wacko killed a bunch of people and the blamed it on acid, and that was the end of it. Suddenly it was a gateway to hell all of a sudden.
I think a lot had to do with the war on drugs and targeting minorities. It’s a shame as all the research now is getting the same results as 50 years ago haha. Both are much less destructive than alcohol haha

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I think a lot had to do with the war on drugs and targeting minorities. It’s a shame as all the research now is getting the same results as 50 years ago haha. Both are much less destructive than alcohol haha
Absolutely. Cant have those people folk thinking for themselves. Lol
Indigenous people from all over the globe have always used hallucinogenic herbs for various reasons. Nothing really new and profound really.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
A few things I noted in The Bye Round podcast, for those that haven't listened yet (you farkin should, it's an eye opener);

Mason swears a lot, Graham doesn't.

CC has made defense black and white, no grey areas, so the players have no doubt as to what they should be doing and what their positioning should be. The structure is simple and easily understood leaving nowhere to hide.

Mason and Ogre have been teaching the forwards about setting the standard for the rest of the team, never let your team mate down, go to war together, punish the opposition, always back your brothers, no one gets on top of Bulldogs forwards, have a drink together after the game and then do it all again next week.

When the preseason started the payers were fairly quiet, all round, which is not unusual. But now they have found their voices, encouragement is rife, lots of talking in defense, communicating with the coaching staff, asking the senior players and seeking advice. It sounds like there is a lot of buy in from everyone.

Folkes used to play the game video on Monday and any player who wasn't up in the defensive line would get pillaged, be one step behind and he would be into you. He kept it simple, which Mason equates to CC.

After a 2.5 hour field session players often stay back for another hour practising what they aren't good at. If they step too much off the right then they practise stepping off the left. If they pass better right to left then they practise passing left to right. Soft hands seems to be a thing. If they carry the ball predominantly in the right hand then they practise carrying it in the left.

Gotta do some work, more later.

Always a Bulldog

Mackdoggies

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Every drug was either invented as a medication or by the US army as a stimulant….

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
There was some a couple years ago that were very full-on when we were down and out.
The only time I recall him fibbing was at the leagues club after the 2004 gf. All the team was in the big room with the fans, he had the mic and he said something like “Yeah it’s been a very up and down year, but we won the premiership, so don’t give a shit”