Mason: "I Want To Play For Saints"

Status
Not open for further replies.

KENNY-DOWALL

The Kiwi Xpress
Reaction score
Well im talking about the Golden Boot award for IFOTY - International forward of the year i don't remember bringing up the dally m's.

H

Haztrick

The IFOTY deservedly went to Peacock IMO.. Mason was suspended at the back end of the NRL season and suspended during the Tri Nations so he was never going to get it. It does amaze me that it wasn't rigged for Hindmarsh to win yet another award when he doesn't deserve it.

KENNY-DOWALL

The Kiwi Xpress
Reaction score
It's hindmarsh defence that gets all the credit

Why do u think fitzgibbon was like 2nd rower of the year in 2003 ?

Defence

H

Haztrick

Defense isn't everything though.. As you say, these players like Fitzgibbon and Hindmarsh keep getting the award each year due to defense, but how about the actual meter eating forwards like Mason, who averaged 140+ meters a much in 2006 as well as still managing more than 16 tackles a match,. They get no credit at all.

KENNY-DOWALL

The Kiwi Xpress
Reaction score
That's why it suprises me why hasn't Petrol 70 cents a litre got the award yet.

Nate

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well obviously the english must own it because they have won it twice in a row so they must be doing good things over there.
Yeah Peacock probably did have a great season and so did Mason. Regarding Mason you said something along the lines of, "If he did have outstanding performances why didn't he get forward of the year?".

Not everyone can win it obviously, but that doesn't mean he didn't have a great season for the Dogs just becasue he didn't win that particular award.

KENNY-DOWALL

The Kiwi Xpress
Reaction score
Well the dogs went further than the Rhinos and by looking at his stats Peacock had an average season but not a brilliant one.

All the judging panel in these days of sport,music or debating is all rigged and never make the right decisions most of the time.

Nate

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
But thats not the point. The way you put your comment it sounded that in order for a forward to have a good year, they have to win the award when that isn't true at all, but whatever.

KENNY-DOWALL

The Kiwi Xpress
Reaction score
I never said that they had to have a good year i just said good performances at the right time. I just cant believe that some of the forwards we have here in the Nrl are at there most fittest and at the peak of there careers and still can bust there guts out all day while with peacock im not too sure how many times he lead leeds to victory's but it was quite a margin but i don't think he would have just done all that work the whole time. But i don't criticise the English forwards im just saying the judging here for the GB award is disgraceful and that i definately thought it was going to be Petro or Willie to get the award.

wogdog

Boards Don't Hit Back!
Reaction score
maybe him going to england he will look at after his current contract with us is up.

Status
Not open for further replies.