Mason Confirms King Playing With Ruptured Plantar Fascia

Papa Joe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
In Willie Masons podcasts he credits Max King for playing tough through injury with a ruptured plantar fascia in his foot.

I love this bloke, out runs the nearest forward by around 40 metres and is Injured.

Max King, "You Bulldog".

I just hope they don't ware this bloke out.

They discuss this at around the 1hr 19min mark.

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I would just shut him down and let him recover. He is giving his efforts to halves in Kyle Flanagan and Burton which is a complete waste from King considering how shit both are. Think long term here

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
I haven’t listened yet.. but I’d say that he’s getting needled weekly to play. Maybe some physios in here can better explain it but plantar fascia injuries means it would usually be hard to run and even walk at times. What a warrior.

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Only a matter of time till he goes down haha
Sutton's a workhorse but he can't bend. We are too easy to shut down atm.

Rebuilding Phase

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
one of the most successful buys in the past few years! He gives 110%. Some other boys should learn from him. I don’t think he’ll last the season like this though

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I would just shut him down and let him recover. He is giving his efforts to halves in Kyle Flanagan and Burton which is a complete waste from King considering how shit both are. Think long term here
We have no middles. If he goes down, we’re fucked. We’ll lose every game.

Total Fool

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Next headline:-

Mason Confirms Flanagan Playing On With Ruptured Attacking Bones

Willie Mason confirmed on his weekly podcast that much maligned halfback Kyle Flanagan is on a waiting list for what doctors believe is the first procedure of its kind anywhere in the world to have Attacking Bones grafted into Kyle Flanagan’s body.

ddt192

The Blue N White Butcher Stripe
Reaction score
Love this bloke! He missed alot of footy before joining the Dogs. Something tells me he’s revelling in the week to week grind. Just hope he doesn’t burn out.

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
We have no middles. If he goes down, we’re fucked. We’ll lose every game.
Who cares. Fuck this entire season from these bullshit injuries from the same ***** every year. At this stage both are getting fucked off at the end of this year. Hallelujah

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Who cares. Fuck this entire season from these bullshit injuries from the same ***** every year. At this stage both are getting fucked off at the end of this year. Hallelujah
You’re right. We really need to address our middle stocks, but we’re not going to write off an entire season.
I’m sure if king’s at any risk of permanent injury they’ll pull him.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
A ruptured plantar fascia (simplistically the ligaments/tendons that connect your toes to your heel) is not a common injury, generally it happens to people with flat feet deformity. Basketballers are also likely sufferers. Like anything foot related it takes a long time (months) to heel and requires rest during recovery. To keep playing would require pain killers, strapping and foot support (orthotics) in the footy boots. Surgery isn't commonly required, unless there is a heel spur which requires surgical removal of the bone spur. I wouldn't be surprised if he isn't doing much training, to give it a better chance to heel, maybe upper body only.

From memory this is our 3rd foot recent related stress injury, RFM (bone fractures), Thompson (lisfranc) and now King. All different parts of the foot though. Is there a common factor at work here?

Always a Bulldog

Papa Joe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
A ruptured plantar fascia (simplistically the ligaments/tendons that connect your toes to your heel) is not a common injury, generally it happens to people with flat feet deformity. Basketballers are also likely sufferers. Like anything foot related it takes a long time (months) to heel and requires rest during recovery. To keep playing would require pain killers, strapping and foot support (orthotics) in the footy boots. Surgery isn't commonly required, unless there is a heel spur which requires surgical removal of the bone spur. I wouldn't be surprised if he isn't doing much training, to give it a better chance to heel, maybe upper body only.

From memory this is our 3rd foot recent related stress injury, RFM (bone fractures), Thompson (lisfranc) and now King. All different parts of the foot though. Is there a common factor at work here?

Always a Bulldog
Yes there is a common factor here, they all play for the Bulldogs & someone has put a massive curse on us FFS.