Martin Taupau

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Haven't seen much Toyota Cup, but from what I saw on the weekend this guy seems quite impressive.

At least I'm sure it was him playing #8 for Toyta Cup at ANZ.

Pretty light on his feet for a prop, quite speedy, and had a decent impact on the game despite the loss. Seemed to make quite a few metres and has a good offload too!

At 19/20 I'm sure he's still got a year or two still in Toyota Cup, but I'm hoping if his form is as consistent as the other day, that he's earmarked as a work in progress.

C

chipandchase

someone said last week he has been re-signed for another couple of years
yes he looked good, quite mobile for a big fella
i still love paki, what a player he is going to be when he fills out, i still think Paki can play toyota cup near year as well

Last edited by a moderator:

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
best player in the side.

Terry Mortimer

Kennel Established
Reaction score
During a video interview on NRL.com.au Andy Patmore is asked "who has impressed you from TYC".. The only player he mentions is Tapau

Doga

Father Figure
Reaction score
Adrian Mau'Pau > Martin Taupau

MattO

Rocky Power
Reaction score
someone said last week he has been re-signed for another couple of years
yes he looked good, quite mobile for a big fella
i still love paki, what a player he is going to be when he fills out, i still think Paki can play toyota cup near year as well
Kevin Moore said at the Member Forum that Taupau will be with the club next year and spend a fair bit of time in the off season training with the NRL squad. Same with Foster and Benny.

djt

doggies no.1
Reaction score
Yes i like this kid he is going 2 be very good,im glad 2 hear that he will training with the 1st grade squad during the off season,he is a stand out 4 me great mobility and hand skills.

will.i.am

Benchwarmer
Reaction score
One of the best in the team this year at NYC - will certainly be better for the experience to train with the top squad.

Status
Not open for further replies.