Martin Taupau a Lock?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wearnze

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I dont know about all of you, but in my opinion, this guy could be our starting lock for many years to come. I reckon our side would look more solid with him at Lock. Dont get me wrong, I really enjoy watching Halatau and Stagg, and they do offer the team stability in defence. I would hate to have them 2 guys not fit in the 17, but the team would look stronger and one of the biggest and toughest forward packs if he plays Lock...

11. Pritchard
12. Payne
13. Taupau

That would be offload dynamite! Remember the props on the field during this stage would be toilers and getting the hard work done and for the other 40 minutes bring on guys like Kasiano and Eastwood, who also are renown for offloading. Barba will have a try fest after try fest.

And with Stagg and Halatau, if Lafai and Wright crumbles playing centre, they could always fit in there.

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
lol, nah he is a wreking ball play him as a wide running hard hitting forward.
+ I doubt he has the staminer to play lock, he more of a 20min burt of energy type impact player IMO. Unless I am wrong, thats how I see him.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
I see Payne or possibly even Browne as a lock in the future.

At a pinch Romelo or Reynolds even too.

Book

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I don't see him as a lock. I'd rather have more explosive backrowers with a toiler at 13, who makes a lot of tackles and shores up the defence.

I'm sure most would agree Tauapu fits the explosive side of things more than being a toiler e.g Stagg/Johnson etc.

S

Shanghai Heats

What about Aiden Tolman as lock - he is pretty much same size as Gallen. Plus aiden is also a workhorse.

Imagine a starting pack as follows:

Jammer
Enis
Kasiano
Tank
Beastwood
Aiden

Reserves - Taupau, Kite / Browne, Corey + Stagg.

I will put Halatau as right centre - he is similar to Lewis Brown, isn't he??

Thus, backline will be:

1 Barba
2 Turner
3 Halatau
4 Morris
5 Lafai
6 Reynolds
7 Trent

Genius!

shmozzle

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
what about aiden tolman as lock - he is pretty much same size as gallen. Plus aiden is also a workhorse.

Imagine a starting pack as follows:

Jammer
enis
kasiano
tank
beastwood
aiden

reserves - taupau, kite / browne, corey + stagg.

i will put halatau as right centre - he is similar to lewis brown, isn't he??

thus, backline will be:

1 barba
2 turner
3 halatau
4 morris
5 lafai
6 reynolds
7 trent

genius!
lol

S

Shanghai Heats

why not??

how is Halatau different to Lewis brown or Beau Scott??

Halatau can be a defensive center and he has played 1sst grade as such and for NZ in that position.

@nchorman

Channel 4 News!
Reaction score
How about this...Why don't you stop making terrible suggestions and just save it for your tea party meetings 4pm every weekday?

Doggiezbrah

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
What's everyone love affair with Corey Payne, he played a few good matches last year then got injured than struggled to make our top 17.

Status
Not open for further replies.