Martin Taupau - 2012 Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slippery

¯\_( '~')_/¯
Reaction score
General discussion on match form, selection, injuries, contracts, and anything else here.

Moust

Waterboy
Reaction score
Was watching some old footage from 02-04 and Martins running style and aggression reminds me of a young Willie mason. Will be a fan fave if he's a mainstay in 1st grade.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
i think hell be devastating in 2nd row ,just has to develop an offload,really think dessie will love coaching him

Book

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Really looking forward to seeing what he can do in 2012.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
If he didn't get injured we could of made the eight, there will be hell to pay this year, I hope Hasler uses him.

Darbas

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Think we'll see alot of him this season. Going by reports in the past he has the right attitude and after watching the training video Eastwood looks like he is still out of shape so don't know how he'll go from the start of the season.

S4Sonny

Ooh Ahh Cantona
Reaction score
If we cannot find a decent winger outside of Morris, I suggest we use Taupau.

We all know he has some speed. :p

Darbas

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If we cannot find a decent winger outside of Morris, I suggest we use Taupau.

We all know he has some speed. :p

Has a very good vertical leap aswell. May actually be able to catch a bomb...

Abdul..

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
He is Asotasi MK2 except much faster
Asotasi was quick over 40. I think at one stage he was 2nd fastest in the club behind SBW.

But yes Martin is quicker, and being an ex centre, has retained his speed.

Big Nick

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
From what I've seen from Taupau he deserves to be in the starting 17.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
If he gets through the trials uninjured and has a few strong games he should be there round one. The thing is he will probably be earmarked as a prop because of the abundance of 2nd rowers at the club. But definitely the hardest runner at the club. I reckon at top flight would be as hard to bring down as fui, and the bloke is lightning over 10, meaning he doesnt need a big wind up to get going.

Guard Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If he gets through the trials uninjured and has a few strong games he should be there round one. The thing is he will probably be earmarked as a prop because of the abundance of 2nd rowers at the club. But definitely the hardest runner at the club. I reckon at top flight would be as hard to bring down as fui, and the bloke is lightning over 10, meaning he doesnt need a big wind up to get going.
this info is giving me wood

BudgyBulldog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
What am I looking forward to in 2012

MARTIN TAUPAU!!!!!!!

Seriously have half a chub thinking about this guy carrying the ball wearing the mighty Blue and White!

richie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
if he doen't get a run this year I will be shocked and would suspect alot of clubs would be after him

holbi

Kennel Participant
Gilded
Reaction score
I know he was once a centre. I'd like to see him back out there, he is certainly big enough, fast enough, his defence is good and he has a step. Would more than compensate for the loss of Idris. With so many good 2nd rowers in the club, this would guarantee his selection in the top 17. Just imagine this guy running full speed getting the ball 15 metres out, it would be TRY TIME. I want to see that.

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I love the big fella.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
I know he was once a centre. I'd like to see him back out there, he is certainly big enough, fast enough, his defence is good and he has a step. Would more than compensate for the loss of Idris. With so many good 2nd rowers in the club, this would guarantee his selection in the top 17. Just imagine this guy running full speed getting the ball 15 metres out, it would be TRY TIME. I want to see that.
nah. We have plenty of good centres. Not really needing that. Lafai has the spot locked assuming he comes back ok from surgery.

Status
Not open for further replies.