Opinion Marshall for 1 year anyone

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
We could go in with Marshall and green, then in 2022 go in with Burton (TK fav) and Townsend.
I'm with ya Nasheed. I've mentioned Townsend a few times and everyone baulks at it... Dunno why a good goal kicker organiser and defender who is very experienced and still has 3-4 good years in him. Also he's won a shit tonne of comps from the very beginning of his football career all through to grade. So with that being said he is a winner and doesn't have a 'loser' mentality like pretty much all our current mob

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
I'm with ya Nasheed. I've mentioned Townsend a few times and everyone baulks at it... Dunno why a good goal kicker organiser and defender who is very experienced and still has 3-4 good years in him. Also he's won a shit tonne of comps from the very beginning of his football career all through to grade. So with that being said he is a winner and doesn't have a 'loser' mentality like pretty much all our current mob
Agreed, and the wigga is only on 500k a year, i honestly assumed he would be on around 650-700, dependant on how good his manager was.

feels like a fairly easy acquisition if we went hard at it, and threw out some length to the contract and 550 a year?

550 a year for your general is good. juxtapose that with our current centres for instance (Hoppa 600, Cotric 650 and holland 500) and its a steal.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Interesting article on news.com.au

Said he didn't know he was axed till he read it. Asked Madge who said he will find out for him (Madge didn't know?) and then publically wished for a gig under Wayne Bennett buy conceded he wouldn't get a start at Souths with Walker and Reynolds.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
He’d provide invaluable attacking experience to our young halves and the others we buy

vegny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
A no for me. Would be like having another lewis. No pace cos marshall is old and lewis always slow. They both like to throw speculators and 2 out of 10 hit the target. Lol

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The reality is that we do not have any reasonable halves. Cogger is the most promising.
I believe a guy like Cogger could learn a lot from Benji. He might be slowing up, but he is super quick between the ears.
One year deal until we find a suitable replacement. He and Green would also be a good combination considering their experience.

repolski

Kennel Established
Reaction score
We need to concentrate on bringing young halves through ... Benji would just get in the way as he has done at dragons and tigers.

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We all have our opinions which is great but I wonder what our main man TB thinks of all this talk.
Everybody likes Benji but at the end of the day I reckon we could do without
Trent has to build our club from ground up and get us out of this almighty mess we have been in for so many years.
It just won’t happen with stop gap solutions unfortunately.
The board needs to be smarter than that to be honest.
I would rather a better long time solution.

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Benji's heart wouldn't be in playing for us or anybody else. At this stage in his career he will also be a roadblock to a re-build.

I wouldn't mind Biondi-Odo coming back. I know it was only the Nines but the kid didn't look out of his depth.

Definitely has potential.

Papa Joe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If we cant get our preferred halves target for 2021, then I would certainly take Benji for no more than about $250K.
At this stage of his career and with very limited options available to him I think he would be a cheap pick up for 1 season to give us some direction.
I don't think he would want to leave Sydney with his young family for just 1 season, which narrows his options.
On top of that, most Sydney clubs need another half if you go through them all - so again, he would be good value with limited options.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
We need to concentrate on bringing young halves through ... Benji would just get in the way as he has done at dragons and tigers.
And which young halves would you encourage to bring through? Wakeham? Think it's clear that he needs his time, and support, so bringing in some experience around him would lessen the load.
Lewis? Won't even comment.
Cogger? Will he even be with us next year?

I'm not saying we sign Marshall but the fact we've nailed down Green for a year shows that we recognise that the current halves we have, especially with the youth, aren't up to standard yet and need more time to find their feet. Even more so, that they're planning something bigger for 2022.

Maybe adding Marshall would be a good purchase? I definitely don't think it'd stop any young halves coming through, as you say. Personally feel they've been given plenty of time to show themselves this year and they haven't produced as they need a little more time ... if that.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Offer green a coaching role, get him off the books in light of his new injury and get Marshall to teach JMK.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Offer green a coaching role, get him off the books in light of his new injury and get Marshall to teach JMK.
can we get you off this site? another stupid and dumb post

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
The reality is that we do not have any reasonable halves. Cogger is the most promising.
I believe a guy like Cogger could learn a lot from Benji. He might be slowing up, but he is super quick between the ears.
One year deal until we find a suitable replacement. He and Green would also be a good combination considering their experience.
unfortunately cogger wont be at the club next year

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
can we get you off this site? another stupid and dumb post
Im smarter than you.
I'd ask you to explain why you think my comment is dumb, others here have suggested the same in regards to opening up a spot for benji as Green has publically stated ambition to be a coach, but i've learnt with you that you never are able to justify anything you say. Either you dont have the vocabulary, not very smart or are a troll.

*Mic drop*

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Im smarter than you.
I'd ask you to explain why you think my comment is dumb, others here have suggested the same, but i've learnt with you that you never are able to justify anything you say. Either you dont have the vocabulary, not very smart or are a troll.

*MIC DROP MOMENT*
niff nuff, for a start, you cant just get green of the books you moran, and how is a halfback/ 5-8 going to teach a hooker, niff nuff.