Maroons bullied by a rookie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rottie

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
MAROONS great Billy Moore has accused Queensland’s star-studded forward pack of being bullied by rookie NSW hulk David Klemmer.

Moore said the Maroons’ big-name hardmen were “monstered” by a 116kg tearaway playing only his second Origin game.
Klemmer played a pivotal role in NSW’s final-quarter burst in Origin II, unleashing several rampaging charges which left Queensland floundering as the Blues surged to a series-levelling 26-18 victory.
SAILOR: ‘As a Queenslander, I’m worried’
ROOKIE: Klemmer ‘is born for Origin ... He’s mad’
MAL: ‘I’ll luck will turn with hard work’
The 21-year-old giant will look to terrorise Queensland’s pack again in the Origin decider on July 8 and Moore challenged a Maroons big bopper to take the fight to Klemmer.

David Klemmer challenges the Maroons’ starting 13. Source: Getty Images

“Klemmer was like a kid in a lolly shop just taking what he wanted and not one Queensland player was prepared to step up and smack him,” Moore said.
“We got monstered and David Klemmer set the tone. He ran roughshod over us and no one could stop him.
“He was like a schoolyard bully running riot in the playground.”
Klemmer’s firebrand display has sparked debate over whether NSW’s huge four-forward bench could finally topple the Queensland dynasty.
Maroons selectors are under pressure to blood 109kg Roosters forward Dylan Napa on the interchange bench for Game Three at Suncorp Stadium.

[h=1]This video is not authorized in your location[/h]

[h=3]State of Origin: Highs, lows & big blows[/h]

Moore is not convinced Queensland should wield the selection axe but says Maroons bench forwards Josh McGuire, Matt Gillett and Jacob Lillyman need to lift.
“Our bench has to come out in Origin III, grab the game by the scruff of the neck and shake the game up just like Klemmer did,” said Moore, who played 17 Origin games.
“Klemmer made a huge contribution and it’s time one of our players did something similar off the bench. Guys like McGuire and Lillyman have to follow suit.
“The Maroons forwards need to get stuck into Klemmer. Someone like Aidan Guerra or Sam Thaiday needs to stand up to Klemmer and show Queensland won’t be physically dominated.’’

David Klemmer was instrumental in turning the game in the Blues favour. Picture: Gregg Porteous Source: News Corp Australia

Maroons enforcer Nate Myles, who equalled Steve Price with his 28th Origin game in Game Two, conceded Klemmer and Blues props Aaron Woods and James Tamou controlled the middle third of the field.
“We didn’t adjust to how they played,” he said. “We let them control the ruck too much and they played some good footy. We just weren’t ready for them.
“We focus on our reaction to things, but there is only so much you can keep reacting too. We had too many errors at the start.
“We put ourselves in a position to win, but we let it slip away so now we have a decider and it’s the opportunity for us to bring the trophy hom

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
Lol they where scared of klemmer , whatch game 3 qld are going to play dirty and make klemmer punch someone

mearsey

panania raised
Reaction score
I love Billy Moore , calls a spade a spade

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The maroons can bring Napa on if they think that will help but they'll be very disappointed ..... difference here is Klemmer loves the game more than the money..

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
The maroons can bring Napa on if they think that will help but they'll be very disappointed ..... difference here is Klemmer loves the game more than the money..
Yes and hurting qlders for 30 k a game is a bounce lol

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yes and hurting qlders for 30 k a game is a bounce lol
lol exactly.. I heard Klemmer describe the game on the footy show as 'lovely'
saying you're only in this 'lovely' game for a short time and I want to make the most if it' (or something like that).

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
lol exactly.. I heard Klemmer describe the game on the footy show as 'lovely'
saying you're only in this 'lovely' game for a short time and I want to make the most if it' (or something like that).
Yes he did say that after the game wen johns interviewed klemmer and woods

nassman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is just billy moore challenging the qld pack to stand up, and I think they'll do just that. Whether or not their 'up' is on the same level as our pack.is another story. I'm hoping gallen somehow makes it onto the field, you can tell he made our guys feel 7 foot tall and bulletproof.

Maybe 8 foot in klemmer's case lol

Status
Not open for further replies.