News Manly Sea Eagles on cusp of re-signing Jake and Tom Trbojevic

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
SEA Eagles superstars Tom and Jake Trbojevic are expected to sign multimillion-dollar deals with Manly in the next 24 hours.

Well-placed sources told The Daily Telegraph that Manly had tabled long-term offers and the brothers were ready to accept.

Tom and Jake were presented with the offers through their manager, Paul Sutton, over the past 24 hours.

It is understood Tom and Jake are more than happy with the terms and are ready to agree.

It could even happen on Thursday afternoon, before the November 1 deadline where rival clubs are allowed to sign them for 2021 and $80 million worth of talent comes on the open market.

The Daily Telegraph understands the combined worth of Tom and Jake comes to nearly $2 million a season.

Sea Eagles officials were on Thursday morning awaiting final confirmation from Tom and Jake.

Despite interest for the high-profile brothers, they had always maintained a strong desire to remain at Brookvale.

Manly are keen to nail down the Trbojevic brothers before Friday’s November 1 deadline when rival clubs can lodge official offers for the pair.

Tom is currently in Australia while Jake is in New Zealand with the Australian Kangaroos.

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/s...c/news-story/dd63f622a297e78ad2f2a2b4dba468ac

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Guess the media are going to have to find someone else to “link” us with now. They were never going anywhere and I’m just glad we won’t have to hear anymore about them getting offered the war chest.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Happy for them to resign with Manly. Fantastic signings if we got them but realistically we would have been paying through the roof.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Doesn't leave much for the Bulldogs to entertain for 2020 and beyond at this point. All this money and no one to spend it on LOL

Brizdog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Never in doubt was it. Hopefully they pay alot so Manly's cap is tight going forward.

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
F..ken looks like we're not gonna get anyone decent to improve our roster considerably. Definitely need to up the ante now for Latrell Mitchell and David Fifita. If we target those 2 specifically I don't see how any other club can match us. Or maybe we should throw 2M at Radradra. Joey Leilua is gradually looking better LOL

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
F..ken looks like we're not gonna get anyone decent to improve our roster considerably. Definitely need to up the ante now for Latrell Mitchell and David Fifita. If we target those 2 specifically I don't see how any other club can match us. Or maybe we should throw 2M at Radradra. Joey Leilua is gradually looking better LOL
fifita won't be going anywhere.. Matt Gillett announced his retirement this morning with 3 years still remaining on his contract. He was signed at $700k a season which will now become available for Broncos to throw Fifitas way.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
With Matt Gilletts retirement announced this morning the Broncos could literally match any money offer made to Fifita. The timing couldn't have been better for the Broncos 1 day out from clubs being allowed to approach players.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
With Matt Gilletts retirement announced this morning the Broncos could literally match any money offer made to Fifita. The timing couldn't have been better for the Broncos 1 day out from clubs being allowed to approach players.
The timing of it is very convenient isn’t it.....

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The timing of it is very convenient isn’t it.....
Yep anyone can see its dodgy AF but Greenburg the piece of shit that he is will just accommodate the Broncos and probably ask if they require any more help now with the draw because they have lost poor Gillett.

TABOO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yep anyone can see its dodgy AF but Greenburg the piece of shit that he is will just accommodate the Broncos and probably ask if they require any more help now with the draw because they have lost poor Gillett.
No different for burgess either.
Joke.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Not even 1.1m and 900k for Tom and Jake respectively. Until they've signed for Manly doesn't really change the position we're in with them. IF rumours are true and we offered 1.4m and 1.1m respectively they'd be crazy to turn that down.

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
They were never leaving Manly, I hope we at least bumped their salaries up.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
They were never leaving Manly, I hope we at least bumped their salaries up.
I don't think we have considering their offer. I think they're both 1m each.

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
I don't think we have considering their offer. I think they're both 1m each.
Maybe Manly were not offering that until we circled? Who knows.

I dunno how they are going to manage their cap with 3 people over $1M, and plenty of others on high amounts as well. Dessie clearly happy to risk old mistakes again.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Can’t see the bro’s leaving , they are manly through an through

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Des managing manlys cap oooh music to my ears lol