Manly Sea Eagles confident of securing Kieran Foran till 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

chadiwrx

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

WITH Daly Cherry-Evans now safely secured until the end of 2015, Manly officials are more confident than ever of locking up Kieran Foran for the same term.

Just a week after his manager publicly threatened to pursue a release, Cherry-Evans yesterday inked a new $2 million four-season package that provides an immediate boost to his paltry salary - and Manly's chances of keeping Foran.

Although contracted until the end of 2014, Foran is a free agent thanks to Des Hasler's dramatic departure triggering a get-out clause last October.

With Hasler's new club - the Bulldogs - eagerly pursuing him, the Kiwi superstar has been keeping a close eye on the fate of his halves partner over the past three months.

Manly insiders even said Foran was making inquiries as Cherry-Evans put pen to paper at Brookvale yesterday afternoon, and the pair are also striking-up a close friendship to match their awesome on-field combination.

According to guests at teammate Anthony Watmough's engagement party a fortnight ago, both players and their girlfriends spent much of the night together. Manly's vow to do everything possible to keep their premiership-winning side together was also central to Cherry-Evans' commitment yesterday.

"Manly gave me my start in the NRL and I love it here," he said. "I get the opportunity to play with so many committed, talented players and it's great to know I'll be here for years to come."

Foran has been offered a handsome one-year extension to have the get-out clause annulled, but the attraction of re-uniting with Hasler could still drive the 21-year-old to Belmore next year.

Unable to match Canterbury's web of wealthy backers, Manly are also behind when it comes to finding third party deals that would further boost Foran's salary.

Foran, however, has told teammates and coaching staff that he'd prefer to stay if Manly can get close to Canterbury's offer.
The Sea Eagles' chances will further improve should they re-sign fullback Brett Stewart, who appears to be no longer in demand from St George Illawarra.

The Dragons now have their sights firmly set on more affordable Brisbane speedster Gerald Beale as they stash cash for an all-out assault on Cooper Cronk.

Manly CEO David Perry last night reiterated his desire to keep the NRL's best halves pairing together.

"They both complement each other's game and they are faces of the northern beaches," Perry said.

"Obviously Daly is very keen on Keiran staying, and we hope that signing Daly would give Keiran some relief."

Source

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Manly's side 2013-2015.
1. Park Footballer
2. Park Footballer
3. Lyon (he'll never leave)
4. Park Footballer
5. Park Footballer
6. DCE
7. Foran
8. Park Footballer
9. Park Footballer
10. Park Footballer
11. Tony Williams
12. Park Footballer
13. Watmough (he'll never leave).

14. Park Footballer
15. Park Footballer
16. Park Footballer
17. Park Footballer

Qld-Dog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
We have Reynolds, who cares!

Whether it's Reynolds or anyone else, I do not care one bit if Foran joins the Dogs or not!! we will eventually find our own Foran somewhere in our junior ranks and he may even be an Aussie? which is a lot better than having an international from another country now isn't it????

I reckon Josh Reynolds is doing just fine right now!!! give the boy some time and you will see how good he really is!!! Foran will not be the messiah at 5/8 in our FG side, give me a break ffs.

Didn't do too good last Monday night did he???

Doggiezbrah

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Whether it's Reynolds or anyone else, I do not care one bit if Foran joins the Dogs or not!! we will eventually find our own Foran somewhere in our junior ranks and he may even be an Aussie? which is a lot better than having an international from another country now isn't it????

I reckon Josh Reynolds is doing just fine right now!!! give the boy some time and you will see how good he really is!!! Foran will not be the messiah at 5/8 in our FG side, give me a break ffs.

Didn't do too good last Monday night did he???
I agree mate, i rather us focus on nurturing reynolds and see where he ends this season. We honestly should have a transfer window during the off season and a mid transfer window to avoid the taylor and scott situation in the recent weeks.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Well given Manly's last two performances . . .

Lets just say maybe it's not the players so much as the coach.

If Manly play against us like they did the last two weeks, and we play like we did against the Dragons, they'll end up with 40 on them. Besides, who better to know Manly players weaknesses than their old coach :grinning:

Qld-Dog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

If Manly play against us like they did the last two weeks, and we play like we did against the Dragons, they'll end up with 40 on them. Besides, who better to know Manly players weaknesses than their old coach :grinning:
and if we play like we did today then they will put 40 on us.

S

sneakyprick

Oh boy you do make me laugh, the commentators said you were horrible today, the commentators said our loss was a very high quality game. We will have Gifty and Joe G back for round 8 also. Anyway ill be back later in the season when it counts, don't want to peak to early there :grinning:

Vargster

Moderfaker
Reaction score
No surprises here, but I heard today that Foran looks signed, sealed, and delivered.

also rumours of DCE being dropped to Reggie's for a week or two.

C

chipandchase

No surprises here, but I heard today that Foran looks signed, sealed, and delivered.

also rumours of DCE being dropped to Reggie's for a week or two.
Well that just proves your mail has no idea if you are saying dce is going to nsw cup

Alphamale

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
S,S&D to who? Dogs or Manly?

TBH with Reynolds going so well I won't be devastated if we miss out on him, get Reynolds for half the money and put the savings towards retaining top up and comers like Kas, Marty, Finucane then lock up Reynolds and Romelo fir another 3 years, plus maybe try to extend Barba a bit further.

Tha DoggFather

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
The Pee Eagles still confident? Even though he still hasn't signed with woManly?

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Ceagle claims that his mate showed Foran some places around Manly recently and Foran said he was expecting a contract upgrade, thus why he was looking for a new place.

I kindly replied back to him explaining that Des Hasler still lives on the northern beaches, and look who he coaches now!

I also let him know what I know in regards to it (from a few sources I have that are to do with the Manly club). As far as I know, Foran wanted Johns as a halves coach until 2012. It was part of the contract discussions (i.e that Johns would remain a halves coach to him until 2015). That all seemed fair and Manly were tempted to move along with the signing. However news then came around that Johns likes to go out for a drink, and tried to encourage other players to come along. Watmough blew the whistle on this, the clubs management cracked it, and apparently told Johns they want him to have nothing to do with the club. As a result it has put a big question mark over Forans signature with Manly.

That's just what I have been informed in regards to it. I will not directly name my sources, but they are as good as it gets.

El_Magic

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm hoping that's true. I like Reynolds a lot and I think he has a future at the dogs, I'm just not sure he's a premiership winning 5/8 at this point. We need foran imo

Status
Not open for further replies.