Manly remind me of 90's Dogs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
That was going to be my question, I think Matai's looks like a good old fashioned stiff arm tackle.
Matai was a shoulder charge atleast if not a high tackle.... to be honest looking at the replay it cant be called high when the arm hit the ball first.... but grubs got what they deserved.

that Manly no try was sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet

silva

Utility
Reaction score
Steve matai should get a bonus for that shot that's what its all about haha

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
lol... that brett stweart pass to his front rower... LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Trendsetter

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
All I'm hearing from rabs and gould is the distinct sound of deep throating when they mention anything about manly.

Rabbits deserve this win.. manly and toovey deserve all the shit they cop, bunch of grubby c*nts.

2 dangerous tackles from the same player and he still remains on the field? Doesn't seem right..

silva

Utility
Reaction score
Tough footy team this manly side you can't teach that..great individuals in that team

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Match Review Committee are going to be busy.

Ditto members of the judiciary better take a packed dinner with them Weds night. Tis gonna be a long one I reckon.

Last time a punch up broke out that involved Manly, they got a few players cited. Be interesting to see if it happens again, though if it does it'd be laughable by NRL standards.

The other ones though:
Stewart - Striking - probably a week.
Matai - due to his history NFI, but he'll go for sure.
Richie - won't be back for a while, depends if he gets a double charge. First one was line ball, second one was like Inu's .. he'll go for that.

If Souths lose this game, or Manly lose by < 6 points, expect Toovey to complain. Some of the calls in this game have been dead average.

Pom_81

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
All I'm hearing from rabs and gould is the distinct sound of deep throating when they mention anything about manly.

Rabbits deserve this win.. manly and toovey deserve all the shit they cop, bunch of grubby c*nts.

2 dangerous tackles from the same player and he still remains on the field? Doesn't seem right..
The NRL is a cracking comp, but I do hate the use of the report to chicken out of major refereeing choices. It's not like this in Super League (Justin Poore sent off twice in England already!) where, you can actually get sent off for a high tackle or spear tackle. By simply reporting everything, the side that gets clobbered gets little to no advantage, whereas the clubs in subsequent weeks do.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Jeez Asotasi has gone miserably slow.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
shoulder charge... this will do me :grinning:

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
dejavu .... grubs losing the game after trying to bash the other team out with plenty on report.

El_Magic

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What a pathetic bunch of grubs! Fuck I hate manly. As soon as they get put on the back foot, they resort to dog shots. Brett Stewart should get minimum 2 weeks for his cheap shot. Faoso should get at least 4 weeks per tackle. Serves them right, filthy pigs

ninja_h

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
when manly walked out of tunnel in 2nd half look at their faces you know they are tired- souths were still pumped and all that explains everything in first 6mins in 2nd half..manly came back though psyched up after the little brawl... now thats a proper nrl match..looking forward to something like this on Sunday

on tv behind Gus the oval looks like a land refill-Eww. manly fans too pissed to pick up after themselves.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Watching manly bash this souths forward pack reminds me of the dogs in the mid 90s. Theyre rushing up in defence and they all back each other up. Its great to watch but it used to be the dogs that had that style..its gone now.
Many are the toughest team in the comp and I love watching them play. I wish the dogs would return to their old ways.

I think you would like to take this back now..... we dont want our bulldogs team to play that grubby, get on report and lose the game as well..... a big NO THANK YOU :D

Alphamale

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Faaso better get twice what Inu got, something like 10 weeks ago if they are consistent. I think inu had a good record going in too.

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
manly are their own worst enemy. They should of won that game but very poor discipline and played with too much emotion, that's how we beat them last year.

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Richie Fa'aoso should get 5 weeks minimum, 2 tackles on the same bloke is not good and he hasn't had a clean start to the season. If Inu got 5 weeks for that 1 tackle that was an accident then what does 2 dangerous tackles mean to the NRL? Matai might get out free, he hit the ball and it bounced up its bit hard to suspend him for that due to the physics of the game! Stewart should get 1 week for that cheap shot.

silva

Utility
Reaction score
I think you would like to take this back now..... we dont want our bulldogs team to play that grubby, get on report and lose the game as well..... a big NO THANK YOU :D
Are you kidding? The point of the thread was that the Dogs need to toughen up up the middle and phase out the deadwood in the team. Win or lose manlys attitude was still very competitive even though they went off the rails a little in the 2nd half, but that's understandable.

Best game ive seen this year

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Matai did the same thing last year and still doesn't get sent off.
What has a player got to do to be sent off? No wonder the poofs get pink shirts, no balls.

Status
Not open for further replies.