Management & recruitment

Status
Not open for further replies.

Strikerdog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I am not sure if any of you read Graham Hughes comments in Saturdays paper regarding recruitment and management decisions. Just some of our decisions of the recent year.

Just to name a few !
We have let the NSW 5/8 and the Qld Number 7
We let go what was our strenght last year in the back row of Dennis Scott and feeney.
Playing Mcilwain in the centres

Love to hear your thoughts.

smarty

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We have let the NSW 5/8 and the Qld Number 7
neither wanted to stay

We let go what was our strenght last year in the back row of Dennis Scott and feeney.
they would have been good backups but who would have predicted our injury toll this year?

Playing Mcilwain in the centres
no other choice..

>iTs A dOgG LyF<

.aka. DoG4LyFe
Reaction score
Why would Thurston have stayed if we had anasta. I always wanted Thurston to stay but that dik braith was here & most fans are happy to see him leaving. Mcilwain in the centres has come from injuries. We have no choice, all our backs are injured. Scott & Feeney are not major losses with the likes of Myles, Armit, Conn .etc. at our club.

gibbo

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
i have been citical of some decisions we have made, only time will tell if management was right. I think our biggest stuff ups have been putting Bobcat as captain, and McIllwan in centres.
With regards to Braith and Thurston it appears to be a bad choice in letting them go, but maybe holdsworth and karanawa will turn out to be better players than these two.

smarty

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
chris_e_fresh said:
price didnt want to leave!
yes he did! he said it was best for his family to go to new zealand.

A

atomic_crimson

i spoke to scott and feeney personnally earlier in the year... they chose to leave wasnt a case of cap issues! or fault of the club.... they said there were otehr factors as to why they moved....

MattyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Thurston was asking $275k a season, gor a PL player its too much, now that Anasta is gorne, it would have been cheap
MB

Trough

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Grahame Hughes is a trouble maker........his opinions are clouded by the fact that his brother got punted for being slack in his duties.....he says he wants the best for the club, but keeps using his (very low) public profile to cause trouble.......

'G'

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It would have been good to keep every player that has ever played for the bulldogs but theres only 1 thing that has stopped us from doing that... ITS CALLED A SALERY CAP. After winning a premiership players ultimatly expect to be paid more money and clubs with a bit more money in the bank can easily entise them to switch over, I'm sure the dogs would've loved to keep Anasta, Thurston, Feeney, Scott and Price but the fact of the matter is they simply could not match the money that they are getting paid at their new clubs. Scott, Feeney and Price's departure wouldn't have been noticed as much if it wasn't for our horrid injury toll and nobody could have predicted that.

scoop

Waterboy
Reaction score
well i heard that the doggies have big hopes riding on crapalowski they think he is going to be the next big thing at the club

I ****en died when i heard that, come out of mark hughes mouth.
So dont worry about anasta & thurston.
lets all pray crapalowski decides to give up footy

'G'

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
scoop said:
well i heard that the doggies have big hopes riding on crapalowski they think he is going to be the next big thing at the club

I ****en died when i heard that, come out of mark hughes mouth.
So dont worry about anasta & thurston.
lets all pray crapalowski decides to give up footy
Hopefully they dont plan for him to be the next big thing actually PLAYING for the club. Maybe he's going to be a waterboy or something.

C

Cookie^Monstah

Thurston was always keen on going to QLD, he is a QLDer after all.
as for Braith...He was always as Easts boy.

But looking at the list of players we let go, doesn't that show you how much class the Bulldogs as a club are capable of producing?? Let's face it, everyone has different ambitions in life, different goals in life, we can't hold them all down with a gun and say WE PRODUCED YOU,HERE YOU MUST STAY. Come on, if everyone did that we wouldnt have Shrek, Reni, Braith, Patten...etc the list goes on.
The beauty of the salary cap is that we have such an even competition and not just 4 teams who completely dominate the rest. And anyways, we've just had too many friggin injuries this year if that is so hard for some people to understand...

Status
Not open for further replies.