News maligned Bulldogs half delivers:

bulldogsmyte

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Even if it’s “just reserve grade” you can tell that Wakeham just has the natural instincts of a half, Avo does not.
Wakeham has been crap every time he's been in first grade. He has this deer in headlights look on his face when he has the ball as if he doesn't know what he is supposed to do with it. He throws the odd good pass out of the many crap passes he throws. His kicking game and his running game is shite as well.
The reality is none of our "7's" - Wakeham, Avo, Flanno are any good and none of them are NRL standard and they're probably chewing up around 950k out of our cap.

Baseball Furies

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Wakeham has been crap every time he's been in first grade. He has this deer in headlights look on his face when he has the ball as if he doesn't know what he is supposed to do with it. He throws the odd good pass out of the many crap passes he throws. His kicking game and his running game is shite as well.
The reality is none of our "7's" - Wakeham, Avo, Flanno are any good and none of them are NRL standard and they're probably chewing up around 950k out of our cap.
Agreed that none are our long-term solution but I feel Wakeham has the highest ceiling and given his supposed strong pre-season and the fact he’s been given such limited chances previously, is worthy of at least another crack. Does his game compliment Burton - I don’t know but at least he’s a genuine halfback.

Even NRL.com has Avo listed at centre…

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Kyle straightening up and running to the line to give outside backs room to move. He looks good, looks like he’s found some good head space, I’d love to see him have a crack with Burton, a half and a 5/8 and cook and 9 just love to see it at some point. Jmk played well but they are all makeshift positions, love to try that to see how it goes.
I would really love to see how Flanagan goes with the new players in FG. I don’t know but I feel he can really complement Burton. Plus Burton would really take the pressure off him especially with his kicking game leaving Flanno to concentrate on his own game. He deserves one last crack at FG. But I wouldn’t do it now. Let’s give the current setup time except without Okunbor

Juicydog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Give it a few weeks and you will see #7 Flanagan and #14 Wakeham with BBO and Averillo going to cup

bulldogsmyte

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Agreed that none are our long-term solution but I feel Wakeham has the highest ceiling and given his supposed strong pre-season and the fact he’s been given such limited chances previously, is worthy of at least another crack. Does his game compliment Burton - I don’t know but at least he’s a genuine halfback.

Even NRL.com has Avo listed at centre…
Avo has no vision but at least he has some speed so he has a future in the NRL but not as HB. Wakeham on the other hand doesn't have the attributes to make it as a genuine HB. People on TK say "but he's ONLY 23". Compare Wakeham to 19 year old Sam Walker. Walker, despite being 4 years younger, kills Wakeham in every critical category for a HB - vision, creativity, kicking, passing, running. Wakeham's supposed strong pre-season means little given the very low standards of our team for the past several years.