Malakai Watene-Zelezniak

Kiwipup

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Dogs media team have posted up some photos today from their training session.

I noticed that Malakai Watene-Zelezniak is still training with the squad. He is not named in the top 30, and their looks to be one spot left in the 30. Is that spot for Burton or MWZ?

On his Wiki page it states that he is signed with the dogs, but you can take Wiki with a grain of salt as anyone can edit info on it

What's the story with this bloke for 2021?

Kip Drordy

Kennel Established
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Unless something has changed in the last month, he has signed with Mounties to play NSW cup. There are a few NSW cup players training with the 1st grade team.

ddt192

The Blue N White Butcher Stripe
Reaction score
Thats sucks. Hope he pulls thru to live happily with his family. I wonder how this will affect Dallin this year.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Thats sucks. Hope he pulls thru to live happily with his family. I wonder how this will affect Dallin this year.
maybe a lot if MWZ needs a kidney transplant and bro is compatible..i know what i would be doing...

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow that is insane, fit young healthy guy. Wonder what the cause was? Good to see him holding onto what is important in life (I mean his kids, before some joker says I'm talking about the coffee).
3 years ago the cause would have been stress associated with being an outside back signing for the dogs. These days it’s just plain bad luck.

I wish him all the best and being a professional athlete with access to great doctors I am sure they have caught it early and he will be ok

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Sad news. Though he’s clearly got his head right about it and with his family and been blessed to be where he is.

Good luck and a speedy recovery and life healthy life.

dogzofwar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Family is always first.. all the best to him hope he can overcome it too young for that shit