News Mahoney and Hetherington confrontation in sheds

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yeah don’t get me wrong he’s a deadshit but he can throw hands he would have been a way better boxer than he is a footballer. The toughest/ most dangerous man to ever play rugby league in my opinion is Gay and would literally kill most of today’s “tough guys” in a fist fight. Stereo types have little bearing on reality. Mark Guyer was a tough football player but couldn’t fight his way out of a wet paper bag.
Agree with all this, Geyer would have even got dropped by Lewis i reckon lol
Roberts could absolutely go no doubt though I never liked what he did to Jack that day, whilst i do not know what was said that maybe wasn't a measured response.

I reckon he might fight post footy and if he takes it seriously he would do well.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Agree with all this, Geyer would have even got dropped by Lewis i reckon lol
Roberts could absolutely go no doubt though I never liked what he did to Jack that day, whilst i do not know what was said that maybe wasn't a measured response.

I reckon he might fight post footy and if he takes it seriously he would do well.
Yep Wally was another one that could genuinely throw them although he was never really known for it , he would have embarrassed MG if that had really kicked off. I think you are right about jack

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Did we get a please explain yet from the NRL?

MoNkEy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The drunk has written a feel good article about Hetherington in the Telegraph today, suggesting that the “no punch” rule has emboldened nigglers such as Mahoney to ply their trade lol.

OldDogFan

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The drunk has written a feel good article about Hetherington in the Telegraph today, suggesting that the “no punch” rule has emboldened nigglers such as Mahoney to ply their trade lol.
There is nothing wrong with the "niggle". It's a ploy to disrupt the oppositions cohesion and if their coach hasn't taught them to ignore and play to the game plan, then that's on him.

Ribo Flavin

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Waiting in a determined placed, to seek someone out to inflict violence on them isn't tolerated anywhere in society. Positioning himself in the tunnel to ensure confrontation is a poor look on the game. Not sure why Hetherington hasn't had the saying "sticks and stones" knocked into his head, long before reaching the elite level. Hetherington had plenty of opportunity to apply legal vigour to Mahoney throughout the game, But chose the route that usually doesn't end well for him.

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
There is nothing wrong with the "niggle". It's a ploy to disrupt the oppositions cohesion and if their coach hasn't taught them to ignore and play to the game plan, then that's on him.
I agree,
And you know what....
You often see when a little bloke gets under the skin of a bigger bloke, people say stuff like
He wouldn't be saying that if the big bloke could hit him.

Or
The big bloke should have hit him blah blah

What ever happened to sticks and stones.

So big blokes have a right of passage through life against smaller guys just cause they could win the physical fight?

That's how you end up with bully's in the playground at school.
Hethrington is just a school yard Bully who hasn't grown up and matured.

jof

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You often see when a little bloke gets under the skin of a bigger bloke, people say stuff like
Would little Buzzard be able write any of nasty articles if his targets could legally belt the fuck out of him? The complete lack of self awareness is pretty hilarious

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Would little Buzzard be able write any of nasty articles if his targets could legally belt the fuck out of him? The complete lack of self awareness is pretty hilarious
With the amount of knuckle draggers in society these days I'm surprised buzz hasn't had someone put one on his chin.
But let's be honest
He is frail.

That being said, there is no glory in beating someone smaller than yourself in a fight

It's why boys raised correctly with morals are taught not to hit girls.

Solving any issue with violence under any circumstances is the stuff of morons.
Low iq if you like.

Now I'm not a smart man, and I'm not a high achiever in life and even I know that much.

If I'm not a smart man, and even I know that, imagine how dumb you would have to be to think violence is a good way to settle a disagreement.

Lynchpin

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I agree,
And you know what....

Or
The big bloke should have hit him blah blah

What ever happened to sticks and stones.

So big blokes have a right of passage through life against smaller guys just cause they could win the physical fight?

That's how you end up with bully's in the playground at school.
Hethrington is just a school yard Bully who hasn't grown up and matured.
Well he can't hit him. Simple (much like "Buzz").

Reminds me of that old adage (which I just made up today):
"Muhammad Ali would have won no bouts if the other guy had a 9mm Beretta; he wouldn't be trying to punch him if the other bloke could shoot him"

I think both observations are equally relevant to their situations (as in not...) :tonguewink:

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Well he can't hit him. Simple (much like "Buzz").

Reminds me of that old adage (which I just made up today):
"Muhammad Ali would have won no bouts if the other guy had a 9mm Beretta; he wouldn't be trying to punch him if the other bloke could shoot him"

I think both observations are equally relevant to their situations (as in not...) :tonguewink:
Ali was a boxer participating in a sport against a trained willing participant of equal size and weight.

It's a little different but I do get the point you are making.

Look,
In life people don't always agree with each other and disagreement is normal.

How you deal with that tells a lot about your character and often intelligence level.

If you are a much bigger and capable physically in an altercation, and that's your go to reaction. Then your a bully, and not very intelligent.
Where's to glory it beating up a much smaller person who got under your skin?
There is no glory in that,
And if you think there is, you are an even bigger idiot.

Chimpanzees settle squabbles through violence and the leader of the group is always the biggest and strongest of them all.
They are animals, and that's how animals behave because they don't have the intelligence to work through things another way.

We are intelligent humans who can think about things and solve problems.
We have the ability to solve problems without violence.

Choosing violence to solve a problem is stupid.

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Ali was a boxer participating in a sport against a trained willing participant of equal size and weight.

It's a little different but I do get the point you are making.

Look,
In life people don't always agree with each other and disagreement is normal.

How you deal with that tells a lot about your character and often intelligence level.

If you are a much bigger and capable physically in an altercation, and that's your go to reaction. Then your a bully, and not very intelligent.
Where's to glory it beating up a much smaller person who got under your skin?
There is no glory in that,
And if you think there is, you are an even bigger idiot.

Chimpanzees settle squabbles through violence and the leader of the group is always the biggest and strongest of them all.
They are animals, and that's how animals behave because they don't have the intelligence to work through things another way.

We are intelligent humans who can think about things and solve problems.
We have the ability to solve problems without violence.

Choosing violence to solve a problem is stupid.
Violence is sometimes the only reasonable solution, you are not less intelligent or regressed if you need to use violence to solve an issue when conditions are met...

Take for an example a bully or tyrant who does not listen to reason, warnings or protest; they and others only understand when they have been beaten physically or removed permanently.

Regular people have also forgotten this is the best way to push change when we are getting fucked by governments and big companies quickly; corrupt politicians and big company executives have made people forget they are expendable if they do wrong by the greater community, but it is all good as we can use words and etc to solve issues they choose to ignore blatantly while we are getting fucked and struggle ey...

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Violence is sometimes the only reasonable solution, you are not less intelligent or regressed if you need to use violence to solve an issue when conditions are met...

Take for an example a bully or tyrant who does not listen to reason, warnings or protest; they and others only understand when they have been beaten physically or removed permanently.

Regular people have also forgotten this is the best way to push change when we are getting fucked by governments and big companies quickly; corrupt politicians and big company executives have made people forget they are expendable if they do wrong by the greater community, but it is all good as we can use words and etc to solve issues they choose to ignore blatantly while we are getting fucked and struggle ey...
I simply can't agree with you.
The only time I can condone violence is to defend yourself if someone attacks you in the moment.

In the hethrington situation here with Reed
Nope,
It's just hethrington being a stupid bully.

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score

I simply can't agree with you.
The only time I can condone violence is to defend yourself if someone attacks you in the moment.

In the hethrington situation here with Reed
Nope,
It's just hethrington being a stupid bully.
I'm disagreeing with you here.
I'm going to continue to disagree with you because I think you are wrong.
And you are going to continue to disagree with me because you think I'm wrong.

We are on a computer screen so no violence can be had.

If we were in each other's company right now and had this disagreement
Would you think fighting me would be the way to settle the disagreement.

Would that mean then that the strongest individual who wins the fight is correct in their argument?

If you are much larger than me, and during our disagreement you started to fight me, and because you are much more capable than me does that mean you are right and I'm wrong in the disagreement?

Or does it just make you a bully?

I think if that scenario played out
I'd think you are a bully.
I'd also think you are an idiot and couldn't get your point across like a sensible human.
I'd also walk away thinking you were a chimp.

See what I'm saying here.

Lynchpin

Kennel Established
Reaction score

Indeed. There are very good reasons that Americans revere their 2nd Amendment (and 1st, for that matter).

GoTeamRaRaFunky

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
which drunk, kent or buzz?

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
That quote proves he is a bully.
At least knows he is wrong to resort to violence in that situation.

Hopefully he learns in civilised society that kind of reaction is unacceptable and he learns how to control himself in the future
Tbf

If we played against Mahoney and he acted this way, we’d want our forwards to put one on his chin.

But once they got off the field, Hetherington just went bat shit crazy