News Mahoney and Hetherington confrontation in sheds

vegny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Must watch that part of 360 for a good laugh. Just to see how bias rothfield is.

Plus the others said some good things about dogs

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Buzz is currently embarrassing himself on NRL 360 saying it was all Reeds fault for niggling
Hes a fucking joke

Kent also laid down the platform at why hetherington should've been banned for more weeks (as I said)

If the nrl takes integrity seriously they can't just deem one incident (such as pointing your finger at a ref) gets 3 weeks, while this gets off with a lighter punishment (to clear it for the thick heads)

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I’m not a sensitive Karen, my overall opinion isn’t going to be loved by a lot. Firstly, I believe whatever happens on the field stays on the field. But, this wasn’t on the field, and while it looks fairly tame, it’s not a great look for a couple main reasons. 1. Taking this too far off the field, I coach young kids and I don’t want any carry on after games in the car park because some kid seen this and thinks it’s ok. 2. Reed has his head down, wasn’t prepared for it and it nudges close to the coward punch territory imo. Not the force or placement of the punch/push, but the act of striking someone who isn’t even aware they are in that position. Reed couldn’t know that force was coming. Hethrington bounces around on his toes and smiles, if it were me I’d say this bloke
Is cool, he’s over it and having a play. But the force of the blow suggests otherwise. It was like a sucker punch. Now If these two shaped up on the field and threw haymakers I’d be the first to jump up and cheer, one on one with both ready for whatever the outcome of it was. But in this situation it’s just not a good look for the game.

And this^

They clamp down hard on dissent against the ref because they don't want it seeping down to the local/junior grades under their jurisdiction

This is the same stuff, what happens on the field stays on the field, you don't take it off the field

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
The judiciary likes to pretend it is a court.

I think it is hilarious (which probably isn't good for me).

Unfortunately it really isn't a good look for the game.
I’d say ego plays a not insignificant role.
When I asked General Patten at the recent 20 year 2004 team gathering if he was still involved in officiating he made it clear he wasn’t and his tone suggested it’s a bit of a mug’s game.

I have a good mate who was an A-Grade ref.
Never got to NRL but did lower grades and was around it for years - he’s a life member of the referees association. He says there’s many egos in it and I don’t doubt it - it would take a certain personality type.

Trinfly

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Buzz still doesnt realise his opinion on 360 is just fodder for the panel, heard him this morning on sports breakfast and said twice " hey guys am im overreacting" Daley was too polite to take him to task.
I luv Braiths support of the bulldogs but Braith thinks he is all that.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
If the nrl takes integrity seriously they can't just deem one incident (such as pointing your finger at a ref) gets 3 weeks, while this gets off with a lighter punishment (to clear it for the thick heads)
What a pathetic jab :-).

If you believe Bupa got 3 weeks for ‘pointing a finger’ you shouldn’t call anyone else thick :tearsofjoy:.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
What a pathetic jab :-).

If you believe Bupa got 3 weeks for ‘pointing a finger’ you shouldn’t call anyone else thick :tearsofjoy:.
Again thick, no where was that said

Ta ra

Off you go

Skedaddle

Comprehension seems a problem

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Again thick, no where was that said
Comprehension seems a problem
No? Might wanna re-read your own post:
IMG_8581.jpeg
So again, Bupa didn’t get 3 weeks for ‘pointing his finger’. He gobbed off and also as Captain failed to stop Klemmer doing the same. Further, he immediately owned it after the game telling his teammates it was ‘the wrong approach’. A bit like your arguments :-).

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
So Mahoney walks into the tunnel minding his own business and then cops a small jab in the chest from that derrick **** and cops a $1000 fine?? wtf is that all about?
That’s fucking Ridiculous, his only interaction is walking up the tunnel.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
No? Might wanna re-read your own post:
View attachment 107268
So again, Bupa didn’t get 3 weeks for ‘pointing his finger’. He gobbed off and also as Captain failed to stop Klemmer doing the same. Further, he immediately owned it after the game telling his teammates it was ‘the wrong approach’. A bit like your arguments :-).
Really really really thick

It was a reference to an incident with an exaggeration, which every Bulldog fan would recognise the reference to, even someone as thick you, as you labelled it as "dissent" and " abuse of officials" being dimly viewed in your first response. So surprisingly you "got it" at the time

This is your usual dimwitted way of trolling. First you picked up the boxing reference as being irrelevant when its clearly a case of staying on the field/ring and not taking things off the field, then you went for Graham's suspension having nothing to do with hetheringtons actions when it's the same governing body setting the rules and protecting the "integrity" of the game, and now having sooky about a clear reference to an incident not being further expanded on for simple minds such as yours

Off you go

3 incidents of displaying your thickness, on your way

Tell us all again how Brittany was lying and she was never raped

Bullfrog2

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
It's called assault, if the trainers weren't there Hetherington would've continued on with it or at the very least gave that perception.

Example below, even though they're boxers and punch each other during a fight, all those conditions are off once the fight has ended (or in Hetherington's case, when he left the field)

As the two men waited for the results, Butler asked for his gloves to be cut off. After Grant was announced the winner, Butler stood in his corner seeming unpleased by the decision. Grant then made his way over to Butler to congratulate him for his effort, but Butler sucker punched the unsuspecting Grant with a right hook that dropped him to the floor. Grant lay dazed on the ring mat and bleeding from the mouth while broadcasters Bob Papa and Teddy Atlas called out for Butler to be arrested on assault charges. ...... and Butler was eventually convicted of assaulting Grant and spent four months in Rikers Island.

There's no room for those actions and the NRL should have come down hard on it, it's up there with the highest offence IMO. Because had a punch up had actually happened off the field, that's when the police become involved for assault.
Graham Annesley made it very clear in his press conference today that a Harsher punishment would have only come about if Reed Mahoney had went on with it.
Graham Annesley should be commending Reed on his actions for not escalating a bad situation.
Not fining him!

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Graham Annesley made it very clear in his press conference today that a Harsher punishment would have only come about if Reed Mahoney had went on with it.
Graham Annesley should be commending Reed on his actions for not escalating a bad situation.
Not fining him!
That's a cop out bullshit excuse. If they care about the integrity of the game and setting examples, they should have come down hard regardless of reeds actions. Had reed acted then give him a harsh punishment too. But just because reed didn't act, does not mean hetheringtons actions or intent did not happen

Bullfrog2

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
That's a cop out bullshit excuse. If they care about the integrity of the game and setting examples, they should have come down hard regardless of reeds actions. Had reed acted then give him a harsh punishment too. But just because reed didn't act, does not mean hetheringtons actions or intent did not happen
Agree it’s a load of shit!
We move forward now tigers next!
Oh we meet Newcastle again in 6 weeks, probably best to rest Reed in that game!

ILiveForDib

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Agree it’s a load of shit!
We move forward now tigers next!
Oh we meet Newcastle again in 6 weeks, probably best to rest Reed in that game!
Try get Hetherington sent of start Mahoney by all cost haha