M5 tunnel HATER......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sleeky

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Today i was coming back home from work via the M5.

I was working in Rose Bay and i left at 3pm so i could beat some of the traffic.
Little did i know what i was in for.

The traffic was bumper to bumper, moving 20km/hr avg from general holmes drive ALL the way to moorebank.

This isnt the first time so im letting my frustration out now.

I am a M5 HATER.
I dont understand why they didnt make it at least THREE lanes instead of two. Its a major motorway.

What i wanted to ask is:
"who else uses the M5 and what do u think of it?"

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
my brother uses it on weekends to get to Bankstown airport and usually gets a free run...no traffic or anything. I guess it just doesnt cope with week day traffic.

Sleeky

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
^^yep. It only happens during the week.

And unfortunately, all my jobs are located around the eastern suburbs which makes me HAVE to use the M5.

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

D

Danish

Used to use it regularly and HATE it.

Its bloody annoying moving so slow, its no quicker going the back ways but its certainly too bloody slow on the M5. 3 lanes was an absolute must for the tunnel.

stupid short term thinking government.

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
Most of the motorways in sydney are 2 lane :(

M2, M5 are

M4 is pretty ok...but the end near Burwood is only 2 lanes and a disgrace when you try to enter on to Parramatta Rd from it.

A

atomic_crimson

the m5 tunnel sucks.. i used to go up it to visit my friend now i just hit hte hume hwy..gotta deal with bankstown drivers but hey its not the m5 atleast! they government needs to think about the future and not the current rates when building tunnels

D

Dogaholic

The m5 has since being built has always been inadequate, piss poor, pathetic etc. No foresight was put into it. I am happy that I don't need to pay to use it. Should've been 4 lanes each way, 3 at the very least.

Wolfpac

4 Life
Reaction score
used to use it every day and hated it... traffic from airport to beverly hills was a pain in the @$$...

thank god i changed jobs and dont use it anymore... only on weekends with no problems...

also that smog in there can be a little how you going on the lungs :(

rabydog

This Dog Has Rabies!
Reaction score
Only uses it on weekends occasionally. I too is a M5 tunnel hater due to bad ventelation. Id hate to drive a car through there without aircon.

Keefy

The Family Club
Reaction score
I just ride around the traffic or go between the cars....
The joys of having a motorbike :grinning:

dvsbastard

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The M5 tunnel is great... provided you don't use it during peak periods, or late at night when the speed limit is reduced to 40km/h (when there are 50 workers changing a light bulb).

MattyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
sLeeK iN bLuE said:
Today i was coming back home from work via the M5.

I was working in Rose Bay and i left at 3pm so i could beat some of the traffic.
Little did i know what i was in for.

The traffic was bumper to bumper, moving 20km/hr avg from general holmes drive ALL the way to moorebank.

This isnt the first time so im letting my frustration out now.

I am a M5 HATER.
I dont understand why they didnt make it at least THREE lanes instead of two. Its a major motorway.

What i wanted to ask is:

Mate i work in Double Bay, the Best way to go home from there is.
Drive up New South Head Road when it meets William St, keep going, Then Turn right At the Ferrari Building is (On your right) you will enter a small lane and the road will curve around to the left.
This road goes underneath Southern Cross Drive (It's the end of the Eastern distributor, You dont pay a toll) and you will end up on Southern Cross Drive just after all the Traffic.

It will cut 20 minutes off your drive home

Özil

Hava Nagila
Reaction score
I hate the bloody tunnel!

When i use to work at rushcutters bay... i always leave the house early to beat the traffic in the tunnel but that never happens!

rabydog

This Dog Has Rabies!
Reaction score
Id hate to be in that damn tunnel right now, in this 40degree heat.

D

Dogaholic

rabydog said:
Id hate to be in that damn tunnel right now, in this 40degree heat.
windows up with the AC on! Never drive through there with the windows down

Maza

Reaction score
the M5 is alrite...ive been travelling on it for years wid my parents so i can get to relo's places in campbelltown....

i drove on it for the first time on friday nite...full syked and speeding lol :D

i guess it dependz on ur luck and the traffic, i definitely prefer to stay away from it weekdayz at boout 5-6pm....

though that tunnel is ugly, the entrance near the airport opening of the tunnel is 2minz from my place, but i prefer to travel to the bexley entry of the M5

BulldogForLife

Proud to be a Bulldog
Reaction score
sLeeK iN bLuE said:
When I'm working, unlike at the moment, I use it Monday to Friday, and I think it's a pile of **** each and every day. I hate it. You aren't alone.

I was on it yesterday, actually, after hanging out in the city with a friend. Disgusting. The way it just crawls is pathetic. And the way in which any kind of minor breakdown can absolutely choke the whole damn thing for hours is just embarassing. It's absolutely ****ing ****.

rabydog

This Dog Has Rabies!
Reaction score
Ill tell ya, this tunnel will be chockers this friday arvo, with holiday makers leaving sydney. It will be a standstill. :nervous:

BulldogForLife

Proud to be a Bulldog
Reaction score
People are so stupid, how they all leave at the time the traffic will be worst. Yet they do it, each and every holidays... like sheep, they are.

Status
Not open for further replies.