Status
Not open for further replies.

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Seriously a lot of you guys need to relax. She isn't saying we are going to rebuild around a prop and a goalkicker, she was just using that as an example of a similar thing we need to do now.

I am sure they are going all out behind the scenes to find a combo like the Turbo bros.

Abu Dhabi Dog

Waterboy
Reaction score
The Andersons have done a terrific job off the field.

Dean Pay has been a failure and will pay the price in due course.

The club cannot afford to have anymore Lebs, Greeks, etc at any board level. They had their chances, pocketed the profits and left the club out to dry

Weezler can go suck sonnys rissole

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Apparently Tolman will be getting goal kicking training this off season by Halligan and then given a new 5 year 6 million dollar contract. Rebuild done!

Sauce: The dude wearing yellow at the watercooler.

sgodllubsti

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
hella fuckin lulla the grand Anderson plan will save us and bring canterbury back to its glory days, the problem is are they talking about the 1980 or 2020, when the leaders of the board come out and publicly say this type of crap you know we are screwed and led by idiots

Juicydog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
hella fuckin lulla the grand Anderson plan will save us and bring canterbury back to its glory days, the problem is are they talking about the 1980 or 2020, when the leaders of the board come out and publicly say this type of crap you know we are screwed and led by idiots
Im very comfortable with the approach they are taking.

A rebuild does not happen overnight.

In regards to idiots, the kennel is full of them

Sandra's Bollocks

Est. 1979
Reaction score
We have the technology. We
Have the capability to make the world's first bionic man. Steve Austin will be
Better than he was before: better, stronger, faster.
Sorry, we already have a busted up million dollar man.

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
"We've got a person from Melbourne working with him"

Confirming he has no idea and is not able to communicate with players - the rumour that has been going around for months now..

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
"We've got a person from Melbourne working with him"

Confirming he has no idea and is not able to communicate with players - the rumour that has been going around for months now..
It was dead obvious from day one that Pay was completely incompetent, there was also more than enough talk in regards to this before we hired him. If this board came in and dumped his arse then maybe i'd find it easier to support this lot. Instead they're just pissing away seasons and taking the easy way out while talking shit at every opportunity.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Look at the ladder, look at the rabble,so where do you grab this confidence that this current board can do the job.
You want an instant recovery, well face up to the reality, I ain’t gunna happen, it’s going to take time, time to move on the ones contracted, time to clear space in salary cap, time to recruit the players that we need, time for those players that have the ability to grow into NRL positions. Get used to the fact that there is no silver bullet solution. That there simply aren’t players languishing in our lower grade squads that would magically come into NRL and fix the problem and any problems. Replacing X Player with Y player isn’t going to achieve anything because they simply aren’t any better, in fact many are worse.

I recognise the position on the ladder, but I’m not seeing any “rabble” just a group of people working as hard as they can to fix what is going to take time.

Go Dogs

Sandra's Bollocks

Est. 1979
Reaction score
It was dead obvious from day one that Pay was completely incompetent, there was also more than enough talk in regards to this before we hired him. If this board came in and dumped his arse then maybe i'd find it easier to support this lot. Instead they're just pissing away seasons and taking the easy way out while talking shit at every opportunity.
Yeah most bought into the dogs of war propaganda. As soon as he opened his mouth I was sceptical.

vegny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dont really understand why some people got upset. My view is she hasnt said anything wrong.

They have provided help to pay. Thats a good start. Acknowledging pay has issues. The only downside is doesnt look like pay will be replaced soon.

She gave examples of what they did in the past. I think she meant we need to recruit for positions needed for this team. I have never thought we will buy the whole team. We will not have enough to do that in one go. There will be some current players (they will still be under contract anyway for a few years) + some juniors who will graduate to first grade in a couple of years time + some very good recruits. The only doubt i have is if pay is the right person to be part of this rebuild.

As for latrell, what else was there to say for her? Hes out of reach until november anyway. If we dont get him but manage to get other good players, i wont be upset.

gee333

Kennel Established
Reaction score
So our plan is to sign an overweight prop who will, when we make a Grand Final, call “miiine” at the opening kick off, drop it, then hand the Grand Final to the Raiders?? What’s Plan B...
that one still hurts doesnt it...?

Gabe

Kennel Established
Reaction score
It didn't have to be a compete alt, control, delete then rebuilt.
Could have been more of a transition if they held onto key experienced players such as the Moz bros!

Succession planing...

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You want an instant recovery, well face up to the reality, I ain’t gunna happen, it’s going to take time, time to move on the ones contracted, time to clear space in salary cap, time to recruit the players that we need, time for those players that have the ability to grow into NRL positions. Get used to the fact that there is no silver bullet solution. That there simply aren’t players languishing in our lower grade squads that would magically come into NRL and fix the problem and any problems. Replacing X Player with Y player isn’t going to achieve anything because they simply aren’t any better, in fact many are worse.

I recognise the position on the ladder, but I’m not seeing any “rabble” just a group of people working as hard as they can to fix what is going to take time.

Go Dogs
Mate, the sharks bought , Ennis, heigheton and barba then within 12 months they won a comp.they bought experience. They did it in 12 months mate....stop with the excuses the board and coach are a rabble

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Rae rae promised us 2 premierships by 2019 along with a rockstar fullback

Lynne promised us we arent going anywhere till 2021
Shes certainly making sure of that her performance has been very ordinary so far

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I find it laughable how everyone seems to take it literally that what the club did in the 90s will be repeated, when this is not suggested at all. Really guys??? How naiive are you all? Or are you just keen to find an excuse to put the boot in?
All Lynne said was they rebuilt in the 90s and agin in the early 2000s, so it can be done again.
The bulk of the kennel is just happy to have another angle to put the boot in. If we announce that we've signed Mitchell tomorrow for 2021 people would complain that he's not going to be here this week and that it wasn't a package deal to bring in Trent Robinson this week too.

Look at the ladder, look at the rabble,so where do you grab this confidence that this current board can do the job.
They stepped in when our juniors were below NRL standards due to negligent practices from more than one previous administration team. They've addressed this to some extent by actively investing in a few junior development nurseries. They're looking at improving the quality of staff to bring through the juniors they find.

The ladder position and squad is a tougher task to change in a short time frame. Even if we sacked and paid players out today, that money is still spent in the salary cap. And unless the admin team have cloning technology, the fact is that they can't just steal players that are on contracts. To an extent I am encouraged by the fact that when it became untenable that Klemmer was going to stay on and be a happy camper, that we bought in a rep level prop to replace him prior to the season starting. DWZ was another quality signing. So the board isn't idle. But the reality is that they have to work within the confines of the salary cap and follow anti tampering rules in place which slows the rebuilding process down.

I don't have to have 100% confidence in the administration team to recognise that they have a plan in action. It's just not a plan that can be implemented instantly.

The big stumbling block that people can't seem to get over is that Pay hasn't been fired. I'm pretty sure that the board isn't happy to be seeing the team failing and we'll have to see what they have in store regarding the coaching situation. But if we have a coach lined up for next year who is currently working with another club it restricts their ability to announce it out of respect for that coach who probably wouldn't want to destabilize their current club.

Status
Not open for further replies.