News Luke Thompson reportedly open to joining Roosters on less money as Bulldogs suffer double blow

piggy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If he chooses the roosters over us for same money he can go get fucked.
it will just go to show that if he signs with the roosters where we are at as a club...seems like Thompson is not intetested in signing with us

piggy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Who cares? He was disappointing with us, we don't want to keep him and he'll likely be the same player with the Roosters or another club. Good luck to him when he leaves. He doesn't owe us anything and we don't owe him anything. Move on. Why people are upset about this when 99% of people don't want to keep him, even on a cheap deal, is anyone's guess..
tell me what player that has come to us from another club is a better player.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Players will play better when all the coach is doing is telling them to go out there throw the ball around and have fun.
What this masks is a weak underbelly, because when the going gets tough, those players revert back to bad habits and get flogged. That's what Ciraldo and Gus are doing, weeding out the grubs who can't handle that base and principles. I'm happy to wait it out for success, but I do hope the next lot of recruits buy in and have a go.
I don't buy that, fam. Not for a minute. We were playing exciting footy and showing pride in the jersey last year and Potter gets no credit for that....nor does Ciraldope get any criticism from some for his xdimal failure of an attempt to replicate that sort of energy.

Who are these soft underbelly players you are talking about. Burton wouldn't have been picked in a premiership winning team if he was soft, Addo Carr wouldn't have won comps and played multiple grand finals if he was soft, as much as I don't like him, Reed wouldn't have played a grand final if he wasn't willing to work, Penrith even managed to get a decent effort out of TPJ for half a season. So who are these soft ubderbelly players? I guarantee if moist of them were to go to another club you'd see pretty significant improvements.

Ciraldo is not the problem, because the problem existed before he arrived.... but he's certainly not the solution. All this criticism of the players is just masking issues that run much deeper.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I don't buy that, fam. Not for a minute. We were playing exciting footy and showing pride in the jersey last year and Potter gets no credit for that....nor does Ciraldope get any criticism from some for his xdimal failure of an attempt to replicate that sort of energy.

Who are these soft underbelly players you are talking about. Burton wouldn't have been picked in a premiership winning team if he was soft, Addo Carr wouldn't have won comps and played multiple grand finals if he was soft, as much as I don't like him, Reed wouldn't have played a grand final if he wasn't willing to work, Penrith even managed to get a decent effort out of TPJ for half a season. So who are these soft ubderbelly players? I guarantee if moist of them were to go to another club you'd see pretty significant improvements.

Ciraldo is not the problem, because the problem existed before he arrived.... but he's certainly not the solution. All this criticism of the players is just masking issues that run much deeper.
We still sucked under Potter though, bar a few exciting games. All it shows in regards to players is that Burton, Fox etc are followers and not leaders who can drive standards through action. That's where we miss Jackson.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Thompson is off the pace at the moment, doesnt mean he should be let go for 24

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
We still sucked under Potter though, bar a few exciting games. All it shows in regards to players is that Burton, Fox etc are followers and not leaders who can drive standards through action. That's where we miss Jackson.
Rome wasn't built in a day, fam. The change in attitude and passion the team was playing with was plain to see and that's a great building block. The question isn't whether they are leaders, it is whether they are willing to work hard, and they clearly are, because they have done it in the past. If they are not working hard now, you have to wonder why.

I think you're being harsh on Burton and Foxx, tbh....one is still very early into his career and the other is a winger. Those aren't the type of guys who should be expected to lead and drive standards. As if Burton's job of playing as 'senior' half in such a struggling side in his first full time halves gig isn't hard enough.

If you were to say Mahoney has dropped the ball, I'd completely agree with you.... but that doesn't excuse Ciraldo's many glaring failings, IMV.

piggy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Maybe the NRL should implement a rule that you can’t take unders to go to a club unless that club finishes in the top 4 or top 2? Slightly flawed idea but the roosters are in 10th and were sitting in 13th or so a couple of weeks back. Good way to remove this concept of taking unders to go to a top club. It’s pretty much only the roosters that players will take unders to go to [emoji23] they will probably (hopefully) not make the 8
um...ive been saying this for a loooong time...unless the nrl put a market value on a player teams like the rorters will always pay unders and keep signing the cream of the crop...sick of the roosters always signing the best players...this salary cap is a fukin joke

Taylforth

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Players will play better when all the coach is doing is telling them to go out there throw the ball around and have fun.
What this masks is a weak underbelly, because when the going gets tough, those players revert back to bad habits and get flogged. That's what Ciraldo and Gus are doing, weeding out the grubs who can't handle that base and principles. I'm happy to wait it out for success, but I do hope the next lot of recruits buy in and have a go.
Well yes I get what your saying but have to say all I want to see is significant improvement from players who want to be here. You only have to look at Broncos, Knights and Warriors. They bottomed out and with a handful of changes started heading north on the table. They may not get the flag yet but if you are a fan of each, you would be excited again. We have a strong roster now, far better than 15th, but little if any improvement. Not excited……….

HD and Ink

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Please stay out man
We E go good up and coming blokes that I'd rather see in our colours.

Not another Robbo brain.snap FFS.

oldpuppy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
he came back early to us that mid season long ago.
He really showed nothing from the start that he was what we needed other than we gave him a grace period to settle in. That grace period has finished ages ago and unfortunately due to many circumstances we can't keep carrying him to turn the tide. He wasn't meant to be. I don't think the club will offer him anything. Not even a significant reduced contract. Good luck to him wherever he goes. We all need to mutually move on.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Didn’t I just read your post saying you’re the most one eyed souffs fan going?
Look at it like this.
I have 4 children.
I also have a nephew (Raiders) but let’s leave them out for now.
Of my 4 children, the tigers, Sharks, doggs and South’s, like most parents I have favourites and my 2 favourite children are doggs and south’s.
Right now one of my fav children is being a bit lazy but is generally doing ok in life and don’t give me any headaches. That is south’s. They are the epitome of success and do alright for themselves.
My other favourite child is sick. Can’t do shit. A but like a drug addict.
this child keeps me up all night and worries me and. I am thinking of ways to help them.
This child is the Bulldoggs.
I am trying everything.
Posting on kennel. Hanging around club. Inboxing players. Tried to play for the team to assist. Considering the coaching bit.
I’m a distressed father figure doing everything for my favourite kid.

Stinger

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
All of the roosters players get paid less than at other clubs. That’s why there is a shortage of brown paper bags out Bondi way.

King Gus

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
tell me what player that has come to us from another club is a better player.
From what year are you talking about?
Is it the last 7 years?
Preston, king, kiraz , burns, from this year alone.
I can go on but fuck that

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Their Prop rotation next year

Lindsay Collins, Luke Thompson, Spencer Leniu, Jared Waerea-Hargreaves, Terrell May, Nathan Brown.

Meanwhile we will be running

Max King, Liam Knight, Siosiua Taukeiaho, Chris Patolo, Kurtis Morrin, Sam Hughes.

The haves and the have nots

King Gus

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Their Prop rotation next year

Lindsay Collins, Luke Thompson, Spencer Leniu, Jared Waerea-Hargreaves, Terrell May, Nathan Brown.

Meanwhile we will be running

Max King, Liam Knight, Siosiua Taukeiaho, Chris Patolo, Kurtis Morrin, Sam Hughes.

The haves and the have nots
Still an ok line up. Hopefully patolo could have a successful career his a bigger body