News Luke Thompson reportedly open to joining Roosters on less money as Bulldogs suffer double blow

djdeep4172

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Canterbury Bulldogs prop Luke Thompson is reportedly keen on joining the Roosters after an injury ravaged run at the club.

Thompson is on a contract worth $800,000-a-season at the Bulldogs but could join the Tricolours for less in a major coup for the club after releasing Matt Lodge to Manly and Fletcher Baker's decision to sign with Brisbane.

Nine's NRL reporter Danny Weidler revealed the Englishman's rumoured move.

"It's an interesting one, and this will probably get people scratching their head a little bit but Luke Thompson is telling people he would like to play for the Roosters for less," he told Nine's 100% Footy.

"We've heard that story before. There's been an approach that Thompson would like to go to the Roosters and he's got an association with (incoming assistant coach) Justin Holbrook

"I think there's a couple of other clubs that would like Luke Thompson. I don't know whether (Phil Gould's) Dogs are still in with a chance of keeping him or if they even want him, I don't know.

"I do know that Luke Thompson has been linked (to the Roosters), there was an approach to Nick Politis, the chairman of the Roosters. It'll be interesting to see if that goes through. I don't know how they fit him into the cap though."

Gould, the Bulldogs general manager, was asked whether he thinks the Roosters could fit him in their salary cap and gave a sly response.

"Yeah they can fit him in, they fit everyone in," he said.

Weidler also revealed that Connor Watson is likely to stay at the Roosters on a two-year contract despite Gould expressing his keen interest in the utility to join the Bulldogs.

04 Dreaming

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why for less the bloke owes us big time
Yes.

This may be unpopular opinion - but I hope we match the roosters offer on the table and he sticks with us. He owes us. He can be devastating at his best. Remember the sharks game
10:15 for a taste

We are short on props. If he can have some luck with injuries, hes valuable. I think we need him

underdogsontop2246

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes.

This may be unpopular opinion - but I hope we match the roosters offer on the table and he sticks with us. He owes us. He can be devastating at his best. Remember the sharks game
10:15 for a taste

We are short on props. If he can have some luck with injuries, hes valuable. I think we need him
You really got a highight video from 2021 :tearsofjoy: Fuck him

04 Dreaming

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You really got a highight video from 2021 :tearsofjoy: Fuck him

Well its the last time he had a run of games without injury. Its a timely reminder of what he can do, especially with our sickening prop shortage for 2024

The islanders weve had in the middle for us have been fucken rubbish. Pele, Fulalo, Peret, Ogden, Atoni, patolio, Jesse’s Sue, TPJ, RFM; katoa, seumanufagai. List goes all the way to Tonga

Exception would be Fotuaika, he’s proven.

Otherwise, we should be looking at someone like a Lindsay smith type. Lindsay smith should be top of the list

underdogsontop2246

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well its the last time he had a run of games without injury. Its a timely reminder of what he can do, especially with our sickening prop shortage for 2024

The islanders weve had in the middle for us have been fucken rubbish. Pele, Fulalo, Peret, Ogden, Atoni, patolio, Jesse’s Sue, TPJ, RFM; katoa, seumanufagai. List goes all the way to Tonga

Exception would be Fotuaika, he’s proven.

Otherwise, we should be looking at someone like a Lindsay smith type. Lindsay smith should be top of the list
Atoni: super league
Seumanufagai: super league
Sue: super league
Katoa: no club
Fualalo: no club
TPJ: retired
RFM: likely to medically retire

The only one you listed out of that whole list that is going alright is Ogden but still can't crack first grade at the Eels.

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If true and Thommo approached Roosters to play for less then gives an insight into the type of person he is after milking us for millions. **** can’t fkn tackle and gets dominated every run. He can go use all of uncle Nicks band aids. Fck that ****

Last edited:

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
If true and Thommo approached Roosters to play for less then gives an insight into they type of person he is after milking us for millions. **** can’t fkn tackle and gets dominated every run. He can go use all of uncle Nicks band aids. Fck that ****
But lets admit it even you or I, two of the most passionate doggs fans here, would want to play for less money at the roosters if we were players in our prime and had the chance, let’s face it.

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yeah they are good but a disproportionate do check out and relax. You gotta admit that
I don’t admit nothing. The best forwards in the game are all Pasifika or Māori. Most people check out. NRL is not for everyone. I thought you would be able to empathise considering your run a few years back at trying to make the team through Mounties lol

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
But lets admit it even you or I, two of the most passionate doggs fans here, would want to play for less money at the roosters if we were players in our prime and had the chance, let’s face it.
Didn’t I just read your post saying you’re the most one eyed souffs fan going?

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
I don’t admit nothing. The best forwards in the game are all Pasifika or Māori. Most people check out. NRL is not for everyone. I thought you would be able to empathise considering your run a few years back at trying to make the team through Mounties lol
I gave blood sweat and tears.
If I was 110 kilos and built like Jonah Loki I’d make 50-70 tackles a game and score three tries a few times a season.
Some of the best players are Tongans, Western and American Samoans, Cook Islands, etc. Usually the power game and not the workhorse game.
Some just do the Willie manu, TPJ, Atoni, Idris thing.

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Thommos prime was pre NRL. He has come over here and flopped like Sam Tomkins. Not up to NRL standard and I doubt the roosters sign him