SMH Luai

Status
Not open for further replies.

zappa

Punk in Drublic
Reaction score
We are likely only a few hours away from no power up here in the far north..
Probably a few days of no updates is going to be torture.
Hopefully we hear something before about 5pm today..hahaha
The wind and rain up here is really starting to ramp up…hopefully the signing news does too..lol
Wow stay safe dude

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
We are likely only a few hours away from no power up here in the far north..
Probably a few days of no updates is going to be torture.
Hopefully we hear something before about 5pm today..hahaha
The wind and rain up here is really starting to ramp up…hopefully the signing news does too..lol
Stay safe and hopefully you'll come back on after to see the Ladyboy won't be coming to us.

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Would you complain if we paid $1.2M for AFB? Dragons are offering over $1.1M so it’s gonna take more than that to get him. Is he really worth that much? In my view, that sort of money should be reserved for spine players
Under normal circumstances I’m not sure he’s worth $1.2 …… but unfortunately he’s worth $1.2 to us right now because of the lack of quality props on the market & our desperate need for one .. he’s the alpha leader we’ve been looking for.

But I say that without the insider knowledge Gould & CC would have around commitment, attitude, training and mindset, plus real dollar amount .. we only get the media version of what goes on, the real story is probably quite different ..

They obviously have a long term plan and goals, if he doesn’t fit into that then we keep looking I suppose or bring through our own …

If AFB & Luai are a good fit, why can’t we afford both ?

Bronco’s have just signed Mam to a huge contract … look at what they and some other clubs can fit under the cap, can’t see why we’re any different.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Would you complain if we paid $1.2M for AFB? Dragons are offering over $1.1M so it’s gonna take more than that to get him. Is he really worth that much? In my view, that sort of money should be reserved for spine players
No I wouldn't but I'll complain about us being in this current situation where we're this desperate we have to pay it. Gus is getting paid millions by the club and all he has delivered at prop is an overpaid Sutton and a lucky gamble on King. Prop just isn't a priority for him for whatever reason, always shopping in trh bargain bin while happily throwing money around elsewhere.

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
No I wouldn't but I'll complain about us being in this current situation where we're this desperate we have to pay it. Gus is getting paid millions by the club and all he has delivered at prop is an overpaid Sutton and a lucky gamble on King. Prop just isn't a priority for him for whatever reason, always shopping in trh bargain bin while happily throwing money around elsewhere.
There’s been very little quality available mate … what has been available has had big competition … we’re not the only club trying to fight our way into the top 8 and we’re not the only club with money available.

It’s not as easy from Gould’s point of view as it is from yours where you just get to rag on him .. suppose we could have just grabbed what ever and ended up with 3 Napa’s in the squad for the next 3 years ..

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
There’s been very little quality available mate … what has been available has had big competition … we’re not the only club trying to fight our way into the top 8 and we’re not the only club with money available.

It’s not as easy from Gould’s point of view as it is from yours where you just get to rag on him .. suppose we could have just grabbed what ever and ended up with 3 Napa’s in the squad for the next 3 years ..
Gus isn't getting paid millions for excuses.

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gus isn't getting paid millions for excuses.
Correct, he’s being paid millions to rebuild the club from bottom to top & make it a premiership contender again for years to come …

That doesn’t include buying players that don’t suit the plan they obviously have .. they’ve just spent time sweeping those types out.

I know you think you know how its done or should be done … but you really just sound like someone who’s standing beside a mechanic as he’s rebuilding his one hundredth engine, telling him how to do it …

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
So his happy to come to the dogs for 1 mill a season and reject tigers 1.2 mill a season?
Not sure bud, but if I’m him I’m happy taking 850k and staying at Panthers and angling for a Panthers job after career aswell.

Status
Not open for further replies.