SMH Luai

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
How do you prove that?
Naturally, when you accidentally eat someone it becomes an interesting story right?
This friend of mine has told this story in stage in front of an audience as well as me a hundred times. I have a recording of it.

Basically this is what happened in a nutshell.
He is working in an area of PNG where cannibalism occurs. Working for Telstra and laying infrastructure there.
He went to a known restaurant in the area and ordered some food.
He was served white meat but it didn’t look like chicken and the bones wasn’t consistent with it. He couldn’t figure out r what meat it was and went through the options in his head but just went yolo and ate it.
Anyway in the weeks after it became front page news this well known place was shut down for selling long pork.
My friend asked his cabbie what the hell is long pork and found out it was human so he put 2+2 together he ate a dude.
It could have been a rat or something but playing the odds of all things considered the likely answer is long pork.
I may have had some details wrong. But for the most part that’s the jist.
The short answer is he’s told this on stage in front of hundreds.
Brace yourself for the next NRL scandal. Matt Moylan eats an ear by accident or something while touring.

TheAlmightyJish

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
He is overrated and the weakest link of the spine, hence they let them him test the market.

It was like that even before his injury.
Fair call but they also let Koroisau go and he definitely was no weak link. They just back their system and nursery, 4 grand finals in a row players are gonna be constantly pushed out the back door just the way it is. I'd hardly say Mitch Kenny is a better player than Luai.

Eesma

Kennel Established
Reaction score
You are severely underestimating how good Cogger is at engaging the line and drawing defenders. People want accept it, but that was always his strength when he was with us.
I didn't mean to come off as quite so critical of Cogger, for sure. My point was really just that their backup 6, who's been out of the NRL for a bit before this season, managed to come in and fill the Luai void without issue. No one's offering Cogger a 1mill+ contract. I think Luai's being made to look to be worth more than he actually is, playing in that side.

lovemachine

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Naturally, when you accidentally eat someone it becomes an interesting story right?
This friend of mine has told this story in stage in front of an audience as well as me a hundred times. I have a recording of it.

Basically this is what happened in a nutshell.
He is working in an area of PNG where cannibalism occurs. Working for Telstra and laying infrastructure there.
He went to a known restaurant in the area and ordered some food.
He was served white meat but it didn’t look like chicken and the bones wasn’t consistent with it. He couldn’t figure out r what meat it was and went through the options in his head but just went yolo and ate it.
Anyway in the weeks after it became front page news this well known place was shut down for selling long pork.
My friend asked his cabbie what the hell is long pork and found out it was human so he put 2+2 together he ate a dude.
It could have been a rat or something but playing the odds of all things considered the likely answer is long pork.
I may have had some details wrong. But for the most part that’s the jist.
The short answer is he’s told this on stage in front of hundreds.
Brace yourself for the next NRL scandal. Matt Moylan eats an ear by accident or something while touring.
Are you aware of what spices and herbs they used ? Can you ask your friend also was it slow cooked like a good old fashioned Indian lamb Rogan Joe?

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Fair call but they also let Koroisau go and he definitely was no weak link. They just back their system and nursery, 4 grand finals in a row players are gonna be constantly pushed out the back door just the way it is. I'd hardly say Mitch Kenny is a better player than Luai.
While you are correct, Kenny would be on quarter of what Luai wants. Plus I don't know his contract situation.

But out of Edwards, Cleary and Luai, 9 out of 10 would be getting rid of Luai. Cleary even makes Cogger look decent.

TheAlmightyJish

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
While you are correct, Kenny would be on quarter of what Luai wants. Plus I don't know his contract situation.

But out of Edwards, Cleary and Luai, 9 out of 10 would be getting rid of Luai. Cleary even makes Cogger look decent.
Can't disagree there, I'd be keeping Cleary and Edwards over Luai for sure. Just gotta make those tough calls in their position.

As much as I despise him currently I'd take Luai with open arms, give us a multi-time premiership winning half any day of the week please. Better than Kyle Flanagan or Lachlan Lewis. May not win the comp be we sure as shit would be more competitive the next few years.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Can't disagree there, I'd be keeping Cleary and Edwards over Luai for sure. Just gotta make those tough calls in their position.

As much as I despise him currently I'd take Luai with open arms, give us a multi-time premiership winning half any day of the week please. Better than Kyle Flanagan or Lachlan Lewis. May not win the comp be we sure as shit would be more competitive the next few years.
Halfback and fullback imo are generally more important to a team than a 5/8 currently is and it's why I was against extending Burton so early and for so much. Another thing I commented on earlier this year was that a hooker just needed to be able to pass and defend, anything else was just a bonus. Look at Broncos and Penrith, Walters and I don't even know who was subbing in for him lol and Mitch fucking Kenny.

chemdog

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Halfback and fullback imo are generally more important to a team than a 5/8 currently is and it's why I was against extending Burton so early and for so much. Another thing I commented on earlier this year was that a hooker just needed to be able to pass and defend, anything else was just a bonus. Look at Broncos and Penrith, Walters and I don't even know who was subbing in for him lol and Mitch fucking Kenny.
broncos had Tyson smoothy as there other hooker off the bench

TheAlmightyJish

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
100% agree with that mate half and fullback the most important. But I guess that delicious man Phillip Ronald "Sexy Boy" Gould sees him as our halfback.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
100% agree with that mate half and fullback the most important. But I guess that delicious man Phillip Ronald "Sexy Boy" Gould sees him as our halfback.
I wouldn't be surprised, more money and more responsibility is what he wants with his next move and it's probably hr bare minimum we'd have to offer if the Roosters get involved.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score

I can't stand Ladyboy but if it means getting Burton out of the halves then I'm all for signing him.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I wouldn't be surprised, more money and more responsibility is what he wants with his next move and it's probably hr bare minimum we'd have to offer if the Roosters get involved.
You think Keary/Luai could work?

Status
Not open for further replies.