SMH Luai

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cantabrian35

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Lewis Dodd, the St.Helens half signed up with the NRL agents, SFX Sports, earlier in the year and he wouldn't do that unless he wanted to make the move. He is contracted until the end of 2024 but English players have been granted early releases for their opportunities in the NRL before.

Not many quality halves on the market at the moment. Outside of Luai and Dodd, the cupboard is reasonably bare.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Panther and Luai hate aside I ALWAYS rated him higher than Burton despite planty at the time thinking it was another JT/Anasta situation. Luai replaces Burton @ 5/8, very easy decision. The hard decision is working out what to do with Karl, I think when it all clicks he will be a very good 5/8 (the fuck is this lock nonsense?) so some sort of Karl/Luai combo could be in the works down the line.

Burton and Crichton in a shootout for fullback, personally always thought Burton would be far more suited there than @ 5/8 as he's far more comfortable receiving the ball out the back of shape and attacking space. He's like a shit Ponga/Tommy hybrid if that makes sense. His game needs to be purely running focused which is something he clearly struggles to do when @ 5/8.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
I haven't been told that he will join us, I've just been told that I shouldn't be surprised if he does.
Im not upset about it if true. Karl probably 12-18 months off regular starting FG and the younger kids in the academy with potential high ceilings probably 3 years off first grade.

ShepardDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I haven't been told that he will join us, I've just been told that I shouldn't be surprised if he does.
I’m assuming this is for 2025 as that’s when he’s available for at this stage and time but you think he comes early at all? For me I see it as a possibility as idk maybe they try to push him out for salary cap relief and they have Diane Laurie who can do the job so what do you think?

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Im not upset about it if true. Karl probably 12-18 months off regular starting FG and the younger kids in the academy with potential high ceilings probably 3 years off first grade.
I still don't understand what the fuck we did with Karl this season. Started halfback in reserves, moved to the bench in the NRL, started 5/8 in the NRL and then eventually played lock before disappearing for a couple of weeks and reappearing in Flegg where he played the rest of the year.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
I still don't understand what the fuck we did with Karl this season. Started halfback in reserves, moved to the bench in the NRL, started 5/8 in the NRL and then eventually played lock before disappearing for a couple of weeks and reappearing in Flegg where he played the rest of the year.
Not sure either bro. All I can say is we were down on troops badly and tried all sorts of things. Even Rajab got some time in FG and he probably wouldn’t even start in the Flegg team that just played in the final.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
View attachment 87015

Holland would drop the name …

Nasheed would straight away jump on a different thread and claim it as his own oil and carry on about how brilliant he is …

04 would fill pages trashing the signing even if it was Munster …

Malla would say he’s retiring from giving out the oil again as people just trash it …
funny in the way it is written but inaccurate

SexBomb

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
View attachment 87015

Nasheed would straight away jump on a different thread and claim it as his own oil and carry on about how brilliant he is …

Malla would say he’s retiring from giving out the oil again as people just trash it …
Forgot one mate.
"And the only people who will know what actually is going on is the sworn super secret PM group."

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Why not Gareth Widdop?

his wife and kids are here
Respectfully speaking from this comment alone I know you don’t follow ESL at all.
Widdop struggling to hold down his spot at Leeds. Also age 35 next year.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Why not Gareth Widdop?

his wife and kids are here
Surely you jest lol

I don't think what they did with Karl was wrong, he got some first grade experience and came out the other side prerty unscathed.
The experiences this year will stand him in good stead.Going forward he can work on the things required to make him a gun and long term first grade footballer.

Malla

Reaction score
View attachment 87015

Hahaha I get trashed even though it’s truth. I don’t get it. Still in retirement. Don’t believe anything I say as of the TPJ announcement. It’s just funny how everyone hangs off my every word lol poor simpleton *****

Status
Not open for further replies.