Luai or Mam for $1M ?

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I read a couple of reports we're signing Luai for $1,125,000 a season for 4 years. If we're even thinking of this I hope Gus first sounds out Ezra Mam who the Broncos are reportedly hoping to extend for around 700K a season. They can't keep them all.

Who would you rather Luai for 1.1+M or Mam for 900K-1M ? I'll say Mam. He could be our next Terry Lamb. Likes backing up through the middle and can break the line himself. In his highlights I noticed he was wearing the 7 in a few games. Would be good with a controlling 7 like Cogger. Don't know why we didn't sign him again either

underdogsontop2246

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I read a couple of reports we're signing Luai for $1,125,000 a season for 4 years. If we're even thinking of this I hope Gus first sounds out Ezra Mam who the Broncos are reportedly hoping to extend for around 700K a season. They can't keep them all.

Who would you rather Luai for 1.1+M or Mam for 900K-1M ? I'll say Mam. He could be our next Terry Lamb. Likes backing up through the middle and can break the line himself. In his highlights I noticed he was wearing the 7 in a few games. Would have been good with a controlling 7 like Cogger. Don't know why we didn't sign him again either
Luai anyday of the week.

Mam doesn't want to leave Brisbane and Luai is 10 times the player Mam is.

We have to land Jarome Luai and Keaon Koloamatangi.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Luai. We need an experienced quality half. I also think Luai has a better chance of transitioning into a 7.

T DAWG

Waterboy
Reaction score
Luai is Josh Reynolds 2.0. I assure you all that when he is here, you will all be kicking and screaming. Like Josh had Hodson, he also needs a game controlling half-back to suit his style. Cleary has made him look great. So we will end up with two ball running five eights with him and Burton. [emoji848]

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Luai is Josh Reynolds 2.0. I assure you all that when he is here, you will all be kicking and screaming. Like Josh had Hodson, he also needs a game controlling half-back to suit his style. Cleary has made him look great. So we will end up with two ball running five eights with him and Burton. [emoji848]
I was thinking this exactly. He reminds me of a young Josh Reynolds. I even heard someone quote about Luai the other day as "bringing energy" - exactly what they always said about JR. Luai doesn't even back up as much as he should. Mam has more potential at 20yo. Only positive about Luai is he's competitive and he could help fire up the rest of our squad

bulldog butch

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Mam style reminds me so much of Terry lamb..
His backing up is second to none...

Papa Joe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Interesting fact -

Broncos 2 most previous grand final numbers 6's performances have turned into a curse in the years most important game ....

2015 Anthony Milford was the man of the match in most judges opinion, that is until the Cowboys levelled the score in the dying seconds and then snatched it in golden point.

With 20min to go in the 2023 GF most of us had the Clive Churchill Medal hanging around Esra Mam's neck at the end of the game after his remarkable hatrick of tries. We all know what happened next.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Luai anyday of the week.

Mam doesn't want to leave Brisbane and Luai is 10 times the player Mam is.

We have to land Jarome Luai and Keaon Koloamatangi.
Seriously? 10 times the player? Fucking lol! Mam was Dally M 5/8th of the year need I remind you. I'd take Mam all day every fucking day. Especially since he isn't a fucking dickhead like Luai.

Last edited:

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
I was thinking this exactly. He reminds me of a young Josh Reynolds. I even heard someone quote about Luai the other day as "bringing energy" - exactly what they always said about JR. Luai doesn't even back up as much as he should. Mam has more potential at 20yo. Only positive about Luai is he's competitive and he could help fire up the rest of our squad
Luai's a better version of Reynolds (in his prime) who was very good for us. Luai is also in the prime of his career. Unless we get Keary as a stop gap at the end of his career there really isn't any other realistic/better options. Luai isn't worth 1m (closer to 700-800k) but we're a desperate cellar dweller team and what's the alternative.

dekepefc

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mam could be anything.. including the next Milford who as we know lit up the nrl in his first few years then lost his mojo and faded into oblivion... luai is probably the safer bet.. I thought he looked dangerous each time he touched the ball in the first half.. problem is he is a dropkick.... at the end of the day we should be stoked to land either.. or others such as deardon who is also able to be signed come November and worth around the 1m mark.