News Loyal Dog: Faitala-Mariner set for new deal after sniffing around

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I have a bad feeling they are waiting for a win to announce his extension.. gee I hope I'm wrong..
Yeah I have the same feeling unfortunately
Darker days ahead if it happens

mr j

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I’m my opinion he hasn’t reached the heights expected of him. He can stay on the cheap or I couldn’t care less if he goes

the_insider

Kennel Established
Reaction score
RFM is a decent first grader but I'd swap him for Lane in a heartbeat

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
That Shaun Lane swap is still a tough one. I always liked Lane. He struggled to get time at the Warriors. He was pretty good at Manly and has been really good at Parra. He's still offloading really well..

Hopefully RFM starts offloading more (if people ever run off him) and starts finding more confidence as he can offload well.
I was always a fan of Lane.. Especially after that offload in the final minutes in the 2015 Semi VS Dragons to get us infront late..

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Not point offloading when no one there backing up fellas.......

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I dont mind the " run hard tackle hard" line, its when thats all you have to say to the team it becomes a problem.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Probably because he gets 80 minutes on an edge vs 25 through the middle. He is doing a job on the edge for us and is hands down out best option on the edge right now, but I think if you give him more minutes through the middle then we will likely see the very best of him.
That could be true. But I'm happy with where he is paying and the effort he is putting in.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Playing for a contract maybe... ?
Injuries are getting the better of him too..

I still dont know his style of footy after all these years hehe. Strange/unorthodox style.

Ive never really rated him tbh.
He was playing well last year before injury. He was also playing test footy before injury the year before, so the guy can play, he just needs a good run without injury, and minutes on the field to show his worth.
He is a little unorthodox, but thats wht makes him difficult to handle.

silva

Utility
Reaction score
How strong is he..always bends the line and takes 3 to get him down. Needs quality ball badly. Wouldnt hurt to design some plays so he could get 1 on 1 with a half defender.

Big M

Kennel Established
Premium Member
Reaction score
Makes it extremely hard to score points when your edge forward won’t pass to his outside men let alone look to create something with ball in hand.He continually steps off his left foot back into the ruck area,makes it very easy to defend against as other coaches are proving.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
He used to pass all the time, but he took too many risks. I like this middle ground he has found.
I classify offloads and "passing" as two different things.

He can offload 100%.

He cant pass though nor does he know when its better off to pass it through to the backs

khan

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He was playing well last year before injury. He was also playing test footy before injury the year before, so the guy can play, he just needs a good run without injury, and minutes on the field to show his worth.
He is a little unorthodox, but thats wht makes him difficult to handle.
It makes it more hard to handle, watching him.
Ye na, dont think he's all that, hopefully a coach that knws what hes doing gets appointed and can get the best out of him.

Mr. Ditkovich

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Makes it extremely hard to score points when your edge forward won’t pass to his outside men let alone look to create something with ball in hand.He continually steps off his left foot back into the ruck area,makes it very easy to defend against as other coaches are proving.
Absolutely. Some good coaching would help him improve a lot, rather than the only advice being run hard.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
There you go.

"Run hard tackle hard" absolute genius this dean pay is.
I cant fucking believe it lol I even said it a few old posts that he's a run of the mill junior coach who says "run hard, tackle hard and have fun". Absolutely fucking insane haha

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Hammered him for this the other week... Got shit on by plenty, but it's absolutely true. Not doubting he's working his arse off, but it's clear to see

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
I still think he is a prop waiting to happen

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He used to pass all the time, but he took too many risks. I like this middle ground he has found.
Agreed. Rather Ray over Elliott tbh, particularly as we now have Thommo (so long as he delivers...)

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Love RFM and I am glad he’s staying only problem is dean has given the whole 30 man squad the same advice “run hard tackle hard”
Ffs
Napa hasn't taken that advice on-board because I've seen him do neither.