lost amongst the carnage of the last 20 mins of the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DOGSOFWAR2013

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
How did we manage to lose a game that we had...
61% possession.
100 less tackles.
Made around 400 metres more territory.
South had issac glen ect ect ect inglis on 1 leg..

And we still found a way to lose that game we by far dominated and agreed by everyone??

Stinks that lichaa inglis dropped ball penalty.
Stinks morris push buy no penalty
Reynolds kick out on the full but at what point can you lie in the way and not get penalised for not clearing the ruck?
Hindsights a wonderfull thing but kinda wish we took the gift two points penalty offered to us.
Refs definatly had a huge roll playing in the outcome of this match with dubious penaltys for souths and no penatlys against them late in the game.
Lafai injury didnt help but we had less injuries than tjey did and some how manged to keep up with us.

DOGSOFWAR2013

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Shit calls happen in other games but if you can win by.more than.6 points a bit more often we could eliminate the chance the other team has of beatin us by 1 with a shit penalty when.losing by 1 point with 1 min to go.
We dominated to the tune that we ahould have been 18 in front. Weather may have played a part in it but kasianos dropped ball certainly proved very costly and as i was watching the game at the canylterbury leagues club it felt like it spelt trouble for us to have dominated so much yet only have 2 points to show for it infeont.

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
Shit calls happen in other games but if you can win by.more than.6 points a bit more often we could eliminate the chance the other team has of beatin us by 1 with a shit penalty when.losing by 1 point with 1 min to go.
We dominated to the tune that we ahould have been 18 in front. Weather may have played a part in it but kasianos dropped ball certainly proved very costly and as i was watching the game at the canylterbury leagues club it felt like it spelt trouble for us to have dominated so much yet only have 2 points to show for it infeont.
We scored 3 try's and a field goal they scored 2 try's and 3 penalty that 6 points from the Reff

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
We dont have the halves to win. Plain and simple. Shit thing is i watched the titans play and seen their halves playing. The simple things beautiful passing game and short kicking game. Speed . And they are 2 relatively no bodies. Man even lichaa has a pretty average passing game. Way to slow.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
They kept up with us because we can't ****ing score when we have the chance. We blew a shit load of chances, then we let them back in with stupid errors. Refs may have screwed us late in the game, but we had more than enough chances to put them away before that.

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
We dont have the halves to win. Plain and simple. Shit thing is i watched the titans play and seen their halves playing. The simple things beautiful passing game and short kicking game. Speed . And they are 2 relatively no bodies. Man even lichaa has a pretty average passing game. Way to slow.
Cowboys have the best player in the world they can't win

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
They have the best player not team. Put jt in and we have a premiership already.

Kenya

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
They kept up with us because we can't ****ing score when we have the chance. We blew a shit load of chances, then we let them back in with stupid errors. Refs may have screwed us late in the game, but we had more than enough chances to put them away before that.

Sums it up perfectly. As soon as the team takes ownership of that we can progress.

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Reminded me of the manly semi last year, we scored 10 points quickly and it looked like we were going to smash them then it went to golden point. We have a habit of trying to defend leads rather then closing games out.

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
I do believe des has to make some adjustments to our attack to take pressure off our forwards and halves. Hope all this controversy brings back the old us against the nrl and finish off with a big f u.

DOGGIESSTYLE

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I blame the ref for us losing in the end but you're right south's should have never even been in a position the win the game.
South's gifted us so many opportunities in front of there line and yet we could only score 3 trys and we bombed a whole bunch

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
How did we manage to lose a game that we had...
61% possession.
100 less tackles.
Made around 400 metres more territory.
South had issac glen ect ect ect inglis on 1 leg..

And we still found a way to lose that game we by far dominated and agreed by everyone??

Stinks that lichaa inglis dropped ball penalty.
Stinks morris push buy no penalty
Reynolds kick out on the full but at what point can you lie in the way and not get penalised for not clearing the ruck?
Hindsights a wonderfull thing but kinda wish we took the gift two points penalty offered to us.
Refs definatly had a huge roll playing in the outcome of this match with dubious penaltys for souths and no penatlys against them late in the game.
Lafai injury didnt help but we had less injuries than tjey did and some how manged to keep up with us.
I thought that at the time, I think it was in the 72nd minute. Hodko would likely kick the penalty then we get the ball back, couldn't understand it, I know we would have been 4 points infront but still better than 2.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
the decision to not take the 2pts on offer would have provided us with some referee insurance

last week i blew up at cronulla for taking the 2 in exactly the same situation so i cant have it both ways, but cronulla need to win the game they arent going to win with their defence

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
the decision to not take the 2pts on offer would have provided us with some referee insurance

last week i blew up at cronulla for taking the 2 in exactly the same situation so i cant have it both ways, but cronulla need to win the game they arent going to win with their defence
Cant blame them really as it wouldn't of prevented souths from making it level or winning the game, its a captain hindsight moment

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Well half the time we got the ball in our own half and got pinned down there because of a very small 10m defensive line from Souffs.

blah

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
When Lafai got injured and mbye moved out of halves it went downhill.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
When Lafai got injured and mbye moved out of halves it went downhill.
More like when Reynolds moved to the halves and pushed Moses to centre we went downhill.

Status
Not open for further replies.