Looks like Hayne won't get suspended

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Hayne's dreams in judiciary's hands

Parramatta star Jarryd Hayne had his NRL grand final hopes thrown into jeopardy just moments into Friday night's 22-12 preliminary final victory over the Bulldogs at ANZ Stadium.

The Dally M medallist was placed on report and conceded a shot at an eight-point try in the third minute for a dangerous contact charge after flooring Bulldogs opening try scorer Bryson Goodwin.

Hayne's possible suspension would deliver the most devastating of blows to the Eels, whose impressive record of ten wins from their last 11 matches, has been ignited by the fullback's spectacular form.

Hayne came flying across the in-goal, knees first with his feet tucked up behind him, as he desperately tried to stop winger Goodwin from inflicting the psychological blow of getting first points on the scoreboard.

Goodwin was left groggy after feeling the full force of Hayne's knees on the back of his head and laid face down in the turf while Hazem El Masri unsuccessfully attempted the sideline conversion but nailed the penalty from in front.

Bulldogs fullback Luke Patten was knocked out in the first minute by an accidental knee from Eels captain Nathan Cayless, forcing a major reshuffle to the Dogs backline.

Retiring Bulldogs hero El Masri slotted into fullback and set up the Belmore club's first try.

"El Magic" kicked a beautifully weighted grubber to his left wing which Goodwin dived on and grounded with precision timing.

Hayne appeared to be bewildered by referee Tony Archer's decision and was heard, through the match telecast, protesting that he had his feet back.

The Eels hero now faces an anxious wait to learn what grading his impending charge will attract.

Hayne will likely escape suspension if the offence is deemed only a grade one, as he has no carry over points at the judiciary.
http://www.nrl.com/newsviews/latest...aynes-dreams-in-judiciarys-hands/default.aspx

afghan4life

Beastwood
Reaction score
bull****
of that tigers guy got suspended for kneeing some1 in the ass hayne should get suspended for kneeing in the head

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
mate, hayne could have knifed somebody out there and he'd still play next weekend. at present he is the biggest drawcard in the NRL and they would not jeopardize the biggest game of the season by suspending the biggest name in the game.

SuprstarFactory

Waterboy
Reaction score
Im happy to go first and say, cayless saw a situation, and chose to stay on the same path. Will be a happy bad sport celebrating if his hammy denies him a place in the gf.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Bullsh*t...that is Bullsh*t if he don't. i dont care if he is all that and the nrl's wankfest at the moment but what he did was wrong and he SHOULD get suspended!!!!

OTTO

Playing Pablo
Reaction score
mate, hayne could have knifed somebody out there and he'd still play next weekend. at present he is the biggest drawcard in the NRL and they would not jeopardize the biggest game of the season by suspending the biggest name in the game.
thats the long and the short of it.

Just say it was that centre whatever his name is that Inu replaced.... Defo suspension

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
What a ****ing joke. He almost knocked Goodwin out. It was dirty and late and if he doesn't see a week for it then the NRL is so corrupt its not funny.

za_za360

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I'd let him off as well. If Soward can get off for biting and kicking, and Thurston can get of for a kick to the head ... Hayne desrves to be let off as well.

Shanked

U been Shanked
Reaction score
he didn't knee him in the back, it was his head. he should get suspended if anyone thinks he should play is a moron

Shanked

U been Shanked
Reaction score
why cause he's dally m player and does razzle dazzle? he could have done serious injury

Vladamir

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
the judicary would let him go just to make the game interesting

~stacie

Michael Ennis ♥
Reaction score
I hate him. Suspend him!!! But we all know the judiciary is a joke. They won't suspend him.
Fk him. I hope he dies in a fking hole on his way home tonight.

mulloway

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I hate him. Suspend him!!! But we all know the judiciary is a joke. They won't suspend him.
Fk him. I hope he dies in a fking hole on his way home tonight.
bit harsh dont u think....

Paulina..

BrysonGoodwin♥
Reaction score
That was sooooo dirty! I started crying when I saw Bryson lying there :o

That turned into fking anger very quickly.. the player has all the skill in the world, yet still results in dirty tactics FFS

Status
Not open for further replies.