looks like dymock will get the job

Status
Not open for further replies.

bulldawg

bulldog
Reaction score
cant find the article online but in today's DT it mentions how Dymock is likely to get the role and Greenburg will announce just before GF.

mulloway

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I wish they would announce it today just before kick off...imagine the crowd when they say jimmy has been signed for two years...

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
As long as he keeps them going at full noise like after the half time chat last week, they were on a mission and thats how we need to keep them thinking, very keen for points.

XR6T

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I have the Sunday Telegraph in front of me here.....

Dymock firms as head coach

Bulldogs caretaker coach Jim dymock is firming to be ratified as the club's head coach for the next two seasons after a Canterbury-Bankstown board meeting was held last Wednesday.
With ricky Stuart ruled out of the race due to his NSW State Of Origin commitment, Dymock has emerged as the frontrunner after winning four from seven NRL games since taking the reins in July.
The Sunday Telegraph has been told Bulldogs Directors initially wanted to appoint a big-name coach with a proven track record - but are now moving closer to handing Dymock a two year deal.
Other Coaches who have applied or been interviewed for the Canterbury-Bankstown role include Mick Potter, Steve Georgallis, Justin Morgan, Matthew Elliot, Daniel Anderson & Nathan Brown.
Bulldogs CEO Todd Greenburg said the club wanted to make an announcement by the end of September with a view to the new head coach being in position to begin pre-season training in October.
"I'm three-quarters of the way through the interviewing process and we're probably looking to making a decision toward the back end of the year prior to the Grand Final," Greenburg said.

****, was that a lot of typing or what....lol

Hmmmm.....they didn't mention the Jason Taylor interview?

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
but sticky is a done deal. words have been marked lol.
OMG marked words..... :grinning:

So many ppl were so sure Stuart would get the job, but never at any stage had Stuart said he was available to do so. In fact he has said he wasnt available. Out of the list in the article above, i only like Potter anyway. Dymock has less experience as coach than Potter, but more NRL experience.

Dymock will be coach. Mark my words ;)

Book

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Well with the rumour Des Hasler might be keen to coach us, I'd like to explore that option, if it's actually true. Dymock is still a rookie and I want someone experienced to take over at the club, dymock could do with serving a period under a top coach like Hasler, it would set us up for a very long time.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Well with the rumour Des Hasler might be keen to coach us, I'd like to explore that option, if it's actually true. Dymock is still a rookie and I want someone experienced to take over at the club, dymock could do with serving a period under a top coach like Hasler, it would set us up for a very long time.
More chance that JT will be our number 7 next year than Hasler coaching. Its not even a good rumour. Its a nothing piece of wishful thinking by some ppl.

Hasler, a Manly club legend, who coaches Manly and is successful doing so, is going to come and coach us? Why?

Wont happen. If Hasler is our coach next year, i will streak at every match next year with a banana up my bum.

filto666

Doginator
Reaction score
more chance that jt will be our number 7 next year than hasler coaching. Its not even a good rumour. Its a nothing piece of wishful thinking by some ppl.

Hasler, a manly club legend, who coaches manly and is successful doing so, is going to come and coach us? Why?

Wont happen. If hasler is our coach next year, i will streak at every match next year with a banana up my bum.

lolz

CB1935

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Nothing warrants appointing Jim Dymock in my opinion.

We are still ill-disciplined.
We still play in patches.
We are still struggling massively in defence.
And unless we play with nothing to lose - our attack is still impotent.

Book

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
More chance that JT will be our number 7 next year than Hasler coaching. Its not even a good rumour. Its a nothing piece of wishful thinking by some ppl.

Hasler, a Manly club legend, who coaches Manly and is successful doing so, is going to come and coach us? Why?

Wont happen. If Hasler is our coach next year, i will streak at every match next year with a banana up my bum.
Well the rumour is over money, money has power you know.

Anyway, you should learn to read an entire post and not just 3 words, I said ''if it's actually true''.

XR6T

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I agree with Book.
It's funny how people crucify the Daily Telecrap when it's something they don't want/like, but as soon as they write something they like/love, it's gospel......lol!!!

"IF" the Hasler story is true, I would prefer a "proven" coach in Hasler and Dymock to be by his side to learn the trade....then Dymock to get the gig down the track.
Hasler would come to the Dogs, why wouldn't he? It's all about $$$$$$ these days!!
That's what makes the world go around!!

CB1935

Kennel Established
Reaction score
^^
Hasler is in Manly. And Manly is in Hasler. It would take alot, not just money, to pull these two elements apart from each other.

Maybe a disagreement between the board and Hasler would be a factor etc etc, like Bennett and Brisbance. But money alone, highly doubt it. Not with Hasler.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Well the rumour is over money, money has power you know.

Anyway, you should learn to read an entire post and not just 3 words, I said ''if it's actually true''.
Wasnt having a go at you as much as the idea of Hasler giving up the club he loves, to come coach us when Manly would be doing everything they could to keep him.

And really, despite his success at manly this year, i dont want Hasler as coach. I dont think the dogs will go as well under him as Manly do. Him being a club legend has a little to do with why the players go so well under him.

Izzy Forreal

Much Loved Bulldogs Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
OMG marked words..... :grinning:

So many ppl were so sure Stuart would get the job, but never at any stage had Stuart said he was available to do so. In fact he has said he wasnt available. Out of the list in the article above, i only like Potter anyway. Dymock has less experience as coach than Potter, but more NRL experience.

Dymock will be coach. Mark my words ;)
I sure hope you're right Dognacious.:beerchug:

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
After that win, i think JD gets the gig. We didnt lead at halftime but our first half wasnt shocking like last week. It was solid. Canberra were trying hard. They also had some luck with that last try on the halftime bell. Its good to see us gets some scores over 30 lately if youve noticed. Our attack is better since JD came.

Id love to see how we go, with Graham, Lafai in for Idris, Ennis and Halatau back, and an offseason run by JD. This team will do better 2nd year together too. 2012 should be good.

CB1935

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Definitely hope he doesn't get the job. Nothing personal, but he should not be coach next year. Very little has improved. If talking was all that was required, then we should vote JD for PM.

Status
Not open for further replies.