1. Be cool and Register to set your username and display picture get the full features of the site. Talk Bulldogs NRL News, match reviews, live score, ladder, injuries, player signings and team performance.

Looking forward to the new season

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Pavdogg82, Mar 6, 2020.

1. Pavdogg82

Pavdogg82 Waterboy

Keen doggies fan, living in Brisbane. Loved the dogs for about 35 years. Most hated teams = all of them (especially Parra and Roosters, Storm.....ahh just everyone!)

Like most fans I am feeling optimistic about this year. But i am also worried about us starting poorly again and then winning games once out of finals contention.
    This team, when everyone is firing can beat the top teams but scoring points is going to be a problem. If i had to pick a side for round 1 it would be:
    1. DWZ 2. Meaney 3. Reimis 4. Hoppa 5. Okonbur 6. Prince 7. Wakeham 8. Napa 9. JMK 10. Toomaga 11. Jackson 12. CHN 13. Tolman 14. Elliot 15. Katoa 16. Britt 17. Stimson

This would give us more direction with Wakeham directing the team and Toomaga would give us more punch at the start of the game. If we need more size on the bench, bring Ogden instead of Katoa (JMK playing 80).

• Like Like x 1
  2. CanterburybankstownBD

CanterburybankstownBD Kennel Regular

Yeh I think we'll go well this year despite a lot of people saying we are making up the numbers.
    Never heard of your number 6 Prince.

3. Moedogg

Moedogg Kennel Immortal

Only thing that keeps me optimistic is the fact that our young guys like Meaney, Smith, Okunbor are little bit more experienced this year with a couple of games under their belt. Hopefully we can win some of the games that we lost last year due to inexperience.

4. Barba's Barber

Barba's Barber puppy power

Yeah I think we will do OK. Just happy to have footy back!!

• Like Like x 1
  5. Alan79

Alan79 Kennel Immortal

By this time of year I'm generally thoroughly fed up with debating the merits & weaknesses of players last year, potential signings, possible team line ups, the actions of the board and guesstimations about the salary cap.

So it's exciting that we'll have a fresh team selection to talk about through the week that is actually based on more than who people want to see named. And by Friday we'll actually have some idea of whether the team have improved or not during the off season too. I'm unashamedly addicted to this forum. I have more active conversations with other posters here than I do with my family. My real family are all Bulldogs supporters, but the good folkes here are my second family and the ones that I rely on for deeper conversations about football. So it'll be great to have fresh perspectives to discuss after thursday. I'm suffering from a mixture of nerves expectation and hope right now and really keen to see what the team brings to the table for the first game of the season. And I'm glad that I've got people here that aren't going to get frustrated when it's 90% of what I want to talk about 7 days a week.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Wahesh

Wahesh The Forefather of The Kennel

Wally Lewis = King
    Lachlan Lewis - Prince

• Informative Informative x 1
  7. CanterburybankstownBD

CanterburybankstownBD Kennel Regular

First informative icon? ;p

• Like Like x 1
  8. CanterburyCooper

CanterburyCooper Banned

Talking footy 7 days a week?
    I’m ya man! Haha

• Like Like x 1
  9. Alan79

Alan79 Kennel Immortal

Welcome to the kennel Cooper. Beware, this place can become a big black hole for your time.