Opinion Look better when Wakeham in starting lineup?

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Wakehams stats.

8 games, 6 try assists, 2 try contributions, 2 line breaks, 5 line break assists, 5 forced drop outs.
What the hell constitutes a try contribution

TABOO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Schoupp is a WAY better centre than Averillo. Averillo should be fullback, bench or out of the team.
I thought Avo struggled at centre in defense quite a bit to be honest.
I know this is the most difficult position to defend but I didnt think he did it well - Maybe he just needs more time there, I dont know.
Personally, with the way the game is now, I see Avo as a 14 and I have been saying this for a while - Bring him off the bench with 10 mins to go in first half and let him tear up.

I dont think Wakeham would have that much impact off the bench - He isnt really quick or adds a lot spark.
BUT, I do think he was great yesterday, its just his hit and miss form.
IF he could consistently play like he did yesterday, we could be better off:
1. Dufty
6. Burton
7. Wakeham
9. JMK (Gould rates him?) / BBO
14. Avo/BBO

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

TalDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
BBO should get a look in
AVo as utility

gibbo2

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not sure what the fascination is, I thought he was quite ordinary yesterday.
What game were you watching yesterday?
2 try assists, a line break assist. Kicked well. Showed some mongrel in defence. One of have better halves performances from a Bulldogs player in a few
Seasons. I agree hasn’t shown us his capabilities in past opportunities. But hard to fault his game yesterday .

amapusae

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow you guys forget easily, he has one decent game against tigers who were utterly shite and he’s the best half at the club. Remember when he gave the game back to parra when we were beating them earlier in the year through stupid mistakes? He’s probably shown the least of all the halves beside Flanno

Real_Bulldog

Waterboy
Reaction score
@Real_Bulldog
wow ok well then yes 1 year to go, fuck I would prefer to keep him over Flanagan. If wakeham dosent Get a good crack he’ll be gone, which is a shame

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
wow ok well then yes 1 year to go, fuck I would prefer to keep him over Flanagan. If Wakeham doesn't Get a good crack he’ll be gone, which is a shame
He was all set to get a good go of it this year but stuffed it up with his COVID bungle. He has no-one else to blame but himself. Up until then, he had played 5 games in a row.

Dogtime

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hoping Lewis gets thrown a lifeline. Offers much more than Wakeham. Burton and Lewis as halves next year. 2 big bodies, footy smarts, good kicking games, both strong defenders.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Hoping Lewis gets thrown a lifeline. Offers much more than Wakeham. Burton and Lewis as halves next year. 2 big bodies, footy smarts, good kicking games, both strong defenders.
The club have already said he's leaving (not being extended) and won't be re-signed.

ILiveForDib

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Avo is a centre, bbo of the bench, wakeham along side button for me. BBO for me should be our 7 does have a good kicking game play hs eyes up footy but we got options

Mak Dogs

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Avo is a centre, bbo of the bench, wakeham along side button for me. BBO for me should be our 7 does have a good kicking game play hs eyes up footy but we got options
I totally agree. I’d start wakes with burton in the halves next year. In the 8 or so games Wales has played in he’s definitely been our best 7

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I reckon it could go
4. Avo
7. Wakeham
14. Bbo

the hound

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I am a Wakeham fan, I think he has a lot to offer, because I feel with limited opportunity he has received this year he has been good.
Some folks talk about him being inconsistent. First on several occasions he was paired up with Flanagan, a tough job for anyone because poor old Kyle never looked likely and at times touched a lot of ball with no outcomes or chances to play on the back of. Wakeham has finally strung a few consecutive games together and for a team that has had issues with its spine, go forward and attack, he has had some good touches and looks keen and willing. As a result the Dogs have posed more threat and shown improvement. My issue is Jackson still touching to much ball and the difficulties of having to play alongside Flanagan who has looked lost and even depressed during his dogs tenure.[/QUOTE]

Wearnze

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wakeham has the skills. Its the errors in his game that let him down. Also the fact our outside backs are not 1st grade material.

It would be interesting to see how he goes next year with speed and more skilful players like Addo-Carr, Burton and Dufty.

I'd prefer Burton having a proper number 7 to play with and Averillo isn't that, as skillful as he can be.

Our side is looking better next year - will on how they gel if we can make 8 or not. Definitely better depth.

1 Dufty / Averillo
2 Addo-Carr
3 Schoupp / Averillo / Cotric
4 Naden/Alamoti
5 Cotric / Katoa / Okunbor / Allan
6 Burton
7 Wakeham
8 TPJ
9 JMK/BBO
10 Vaughan
11 Hetherington
12 Jackson
13 Thompson

14 BBO/Averillo
15 Seumanufagai
16 Topine / Doorey / Stimson / Waddell
17 RFM

I'm looking forward to see what Barrett does with this squad next year.

PS: No place for Elliott and Flanagan (get a feeling they will be both gone before end of year - use their cash for a HB and HK even if their just depth for a year)

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
What the hell constitutes a try contribution
few years ago heaps of halves were missing out on the try assists when they'd make the play and all the TA player had to do was pass it onto a winger etc

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The snow glows white on the mountain tonight
Not a footprint to be seen
A kingdom of isolation
And it looks like I'm the queen
The wind is howling like this swirling storm inside
Couldn't keep it in, heaven knows I've tried
Don't let them in, don't let them see
Be the good girl you always have to be
Conceal, don't feel, don't let them know
Well, now they know
Let it go, let it go
Can't hold it back anymore