Opinion Look better when Wakeham in starting lineup?

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Wakeham had a lot of key touches that turned into opportunities/tries. I'm not sure if he was in our top 3 players but he definitely deserves a special mention. It's also only 1 game so no reason to get carried away, this is an outlier performance for him.
+ Threw the corner post on a tigers player

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
It came up in the ch9 commentary regarding avo and his best position ,Freddy and sterlo said he seems to be suited to centre.
Thought the last few games Wakeham has shown a bit of his true potential.
A couple of nice kicks, pass for Allen's try,made up for dropping kickoff with the drop out and gave us back possession.
Picked up one of the tigers forwards and drove him back ,so he's a tough bugger with a bit of niggle.
Balls in his court next year.

Dufty
Fox
Avo
Naden
Cotric
Burton
Wakeham

With Oko, schoupp,Allen, katoa for depth
Flanagan ? Hopefully his dad gets a coaching gig and he goes there
Schoupp is a WAY better centre than Averillo. Averillo should be fullback, bench or out of the team.

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
2 year contract extension, so here until end of 2023. Look we got him on the cheap for couple years, so no harm if he plays or not, ball in his court for sure!!!
2 year extension started this year, so he is off contract end of next year.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Wakehams stats.

8 games, 6 try assists, 2 try contributions, 2 line breaks, 5 line break assists, 5 forced drop outs.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Wakeham is a Corey Hughes.... Would be a better rake.

Waldo

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Nah play wakeham at 7 and Avo at 1 ez solution dufty can be in reserves until an injury or someone is rested

red-dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Out of all the people we have at the club in the halves, Wakeham looks the most promising but then again that isn't really hard to be the shinniest of those turds. Don't think he's our long term 7 but probably the best option for it next year.

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I can see what your saying as he hasn’t quite had the impact across his first grade career that we would of hoped . He was highly touted in the juniors . But in saying that we haven’t a single half do so in the last few years in first grade. This is probably due to our halves playing behind an ordinary pack and with no real X factor in our backs. From what I have seen the last 2 weeks I believe he is our best option as a half back and with Burton arriving next year I believe they will make a nice combo. Avo can play in the centres and provide the X factor out wide and with two good wingers and a full back with pace and vision I believe we will see some
Real quality from Wakeham .
I honestly believe it is imperative that somehow, somewhere we find a proven 7.
I say this because we dont have a gun 9.
Anyways, plenty of time till now and next season.
Regardless, Wakeham is with us and Id love nothing more than for him to find form.

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Hes looked good recently. Hes bulked up a fair bit too. Even better that he's a bulldog through and through and come through all our junior sides.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Played well, not bad at all.!!!

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Not sure about that mate, I fucking wish we had Corey Hughes right now. JMK wouldn’t get a start.

Yeah Corey goes alright... the Hughes boys were good footballers but hardly world beaters in my opinion. Were just lucky they played in some cracker teams.

I want Wakes to stay at the dogs, he is a Bulldog though we do have an issue... Burton/Avo/BBO/Wakeham, probably in that order... You want the kid to be in the team and you'll probably need to go...

1,Avo
6,Burton
7,BBO
9,Wakeham

or

1,FB
6,Avo
7,Burton
9,BBo

14Wakeham

Wakeham probably reads the game better than all those halves and hookers need as much vision as the halves these days.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yeah Corey goes alright... the Hughes boys were good footballers but hardly world beaters in my opinion. Were just lucky they played in some cracker teams.

I want Wakes to stay at the dogs, he is a Bulldog though we do have an issue... Burton/Avo/BBO/Wakeham, probably in that order... You want the kid to be in the team and you'll probably need to go...

1,Avo
6,Burton
7,BBO
9,Wakeham

or

1,FB
6,Avo
7,Burton
9,BBo

14Wakeham

Wakeham probably reads the game better than all those halves and hookers need as much vision as the halves these days.
Yeah probably 9 or 14 seems his best chance.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yeah probably 9 or 14 seems his best chance.

And he is cheeky af... natural selection.

I tell you what. I would be stoked if we ended up like this..

1. FB?
6. Burton
7. Averillo
9. BBO

14. Wakes

I doubt we could keep both though if both shine.

But if the club can it means all that money you would blow on a hooker can go into a Rockstar FB.