Long way to go...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hodgo007

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Now firstly I want to say I'm farkin stoked after tonights win. Most had thought the Sea-Eagles were morals tonight but again the club has shown that we love being in the face of adversity.

We showed that if we controlled the ball, kept the silly errors to a minimum and turned up with a bit of hunger in the belly we can still turn it on. Folkes should give Muzz a call and give him a bit of advice about keeping Mase on the field. He was great again tonight along with Corey, SBW and the General.

But......lets not get too carried away just yet. Yes it was a great win but it will mean nothing if we can't turn up next week against the Chooks where we will undoubtedly be favourites yet again. We have a decent run over the next month or so and we need to get a little bit of momentum and show the other clubs that we are a shot at the title. If we can string some wins together I have no doubt that a lot of the clubs higher on the ladder will be looking over their shoulder and hoping to avoid us (if we do make the finals).

Lets enjoy it for now but not get too carried away.

We are blue. We are white. We are farkin dynamite !!!

Bring on the latte boys !

bLaQDoG..

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Next weeks performance and the weeks to come shall be highly anticipated

PHELPSY

DEEEEEEBO
Reaction score
If we play the way we did 2nite, we own the next few games!

Hodgo007

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm hoping we turn on the intensity again.

It will come down to Folkes this week. We have the talent thats for sure. Needs to have them switched on.

AC

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
yeah just happy with a decent performance more so than the win... It was typical dogs and shows they still got it.. The key now is consistency and to back it up. We have only had one back to back win this season.

Hodgo007

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Seems to be a little problem with a lot of sides this year AC.

AC

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think the quality of footy has gone downhill - this season its about who can hold the ball, not some much who has the better attack/defence. So much dropped ball, not much attacking flair... Dogs need to kick into gear from here on in otherwise they arent a chance.

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
If we play the way we did 2nite, we own the next few games!
I think its more than a next few games, but id take the next 3-4 games.

I'd like say congrats firstly to Corey Hughes. I'm not a huge fan of his but i think he played the game of his life. He keeps playing like that then we don't really need an established hooker and thats were flanghan will be good as he isnt big yet.

Secondly, what a game from Jarrod Hickey. He made 10-15 metres each time, his best game to date. I reckon he outplayed shrek 10 fold and could be a surprise starter in a few weeks if shrek doesn't improve. Its funny he signs for the roosters and the form starts to dip lol. That team is cursed.

TONGA WOOHOOOOOO that was representative stuff from the bloke, the centres actually both played with a bit of pace. Patten and Hazem as usual faultless, come believe how Haz made it out of the ingoal and then rubbed salt in the wound by pinching 20 metres.

This will only count if we win next week. The chooks are hitting form so we need to focus again.

Good luck next week :grinning::grinning:

H

Hazmak

Should lose next week, but will fire after the origin period is FINALLY over

jimmy_the_greek

Bulldogs Fanatic
Reaction score
its going to be very difficult next week against the roosters, i actually cant wait until origin is over and we get our players back, the 3rd origin is fairly pointless to be honest.

we have until next monday, so i guess it gives the boys plenty of time to prepare for this game.

Matty

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
we need to back this win up next week or there is no point. if we win next week we should be 1 further win away from the 8.

TCB-BD

CBBD FTW!
Reaction score
yeah just happy with a decent performance more so than the win... It was typical dogs and shows they still got it.. The key now is consistency and to back it up. We have only had one back to back win this season.
Spot on AC... that is exactly what is needed... we need to keep performing like this week in week out.. no use just going out there and doing it tonight and performing with a half arsed performance against the Chooks... we have shown what we can do... now we need to do it every game...;)

It will be tough without our origin stars against the Roosters, but it's time for our bench to stand up and be counted... if they do, we could be headed for the higher ground and back on track... it was a great performance don't get me wrong... but it's only one, we need a few more to make things back to normal.

In saying that though... I'm celebrating tonight and no one is going to stop me... WOOT GO THE BULLDOGS>> :D :D

H

Hazmak

But......lets not get too carried away just yet. Yes it was a great win but it will mean nothing if we can't turn up next week against the Chooks where we will undoubtedly be favourites yet again.
2- Cutler

8- Hickey
9- Hughes
10- Cleal
11- Kouparitsas
12- Williams
13- Holdsworth

14- Perry
15- McIlwain
16- Morrin
17- Green

Roosters $1.05, Bulldogs $5.00

thinking of our team next week is making me ill!!

Deception_2112

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
As long as we play it simple.

What i noticed was there were no miracle passes or offloads until 10m out from the Manly line and that was when the chance was there

When we were coming out of our line it was basic

Pass and run, Pass and run, we got to the 50m line + and then get a good kick in.

Excellent game.

Z-Dizzle

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
i have a question...

why did Roberts take the field goal?

it was a good idea when Shifty tried it

But Roberts had all the time in the world

and we had numbers on the left, could have been 32-8 very easily

When Roberts judgement skills get a bit better there will be no chance for Dj tho lol

If he wants the jersey he has to play alot better the next few weeks or its gonna be Roberts in the number 6 till the start of next yr

AC

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
it was what they were aiming for... sherwin tried it the set before but failed...

the set roberts took it, sherwin was actually playing the ball as he ran the ball... so it left roberts open to take it.

At that point in the game it was the safer option instead of chancing it and possibly turning over the ball to manly.

Z-Dizzle

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
it was what they were aiming for... sherwin tried it the set before but failed...

the set roberts took it, sherwin was actually playing the ball as he ran the ball... so it left roberts open to take it.

At that point in the game it was the safer option instead of chancing it and possibly turning over the ball to manly.
i understand it was the plan

but if it had been roberts playing and shifty kicking $10 says he would of opted to run it at that very weakened left side

im not getting up Roberts but it is a factor in his game he is missing

Status
Not open for further replies.