Lolohea granted release from the Warriors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Yeah good pickup, if he fulfills his potential then they have a star on his hands and if he doesn't we'll they haven't lost to much

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
It is a good pickup.

But no amount of recruitment and roster tweaking is going to make the Tigers a success until they sort their shot off field - which to be honest, I never see happening.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Players obviously like to work with Ivan Cleary, he's been able to secure quite alot of talent over his short time there. And he's made some tough calls which were in the best interests of the club.

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Lolohea
J.Reynolds
Matuleno
Packer
Mcqueen

Well done Cleary in 1 month you've recruited better than Des has done in 6 years
I think they have actually strengthened their squad... i'd swap those 5 collectively for the "fab 3"... impressive recruitment.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Why is it that every time a player joins another club, theres comments in here about how we didnt get them. FFS do you ppl think everyone should play for us? I know it would make getting a premiership easier but.....

I mean ffs we did get Foran recently, its not like we never sign stars

Last edited:

Upupcronulla

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Why is it that every time a player joins another club, theres comments in here about how we didnt get them. FFS do you ppl think everyone should play for us? I know it would make getting a premiership easier but.....

I mean ffs we did get Foran recently, its not like we never sign stars
What other options did foran have though? Seems to have rejected the bulldogs other times when there were other options

And paying big money for a forward when use already have a lot of money tied into your forwards isn't the smartest of movies

Not sure why des didn't target the areas use need the most

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
What other options did foran have though? Seems to have rejected the bulldogs other times when there were other options

And paying big money for a forward when use already have a lot of money tied into your forwards isn't the smartest of movies

Not sure why des didn't target the areas use need the most
So when we do sign players its only because they didnt have a choice? Bullshit...he had plenty of choices. Anything to put down our club. Im over it

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Like? What other sydney club had the money?
Well apparently given you have just blown $1m on a reserve fullback it seems like you did, but even so Tigers and Manly have/had plenty left, even Newcastle is cashed up and its only 90mins from hornsby to newcastle. But the really big thing you seem to be missing with this is that Foran said he wasn't ever interested in playing for anyone else other than us.

Tacky

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
We've still got at least 4 more signings to make. We need a center, a winger, another second rower and a bench prop. But, we're in a much better position than we would have been if we didn't sack Taylor. The media gave the Tigers board so much shit for sacking the coach 3 rounds in but, now look at the us. Maybe, just maybe, the board has at least some idea of what they're doing.

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
We've still got at least 4 more signings to make. We need a center, a winger, another second rower and a bench prop. But, we're in a much better position than we would have been if we didn't sack Taylor. The media gave the Tigers board so much shit for sacking the coach 3 rounds in but, now look at the us. Maybe, just maybe, the board has at least some idea of what they're doing.
You really think the only reason you have signed players is because JT is gone? Champ, it is purely because you didn't re-sign the big 3 and you now have money under the cap to buy players. If they didn't go nothing would have changed. It's typical of so many these days who think coaches are messiahs rather than just blokes doing a job. Matulino is past it and broken, Lolohea isn't wanted at the Warriors, you paid through the nose for JR and you've transferred the parole of Packer. Better than what you had? No.

Upupcronulla

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Well apparently given you have just blown $1m on a reserve fullback it seems like you did, but even so Tigers and Manly have/had plenty left, even Newcastle is cashed up and its only 90mins from hornsby to newcastle. But the really big thing you seem to be missing with this is that Foran said he wasn't ever interested in playing for anyone else other than us.
750k on a nsw and australian centre

Well I guess he was bound to want to play for your team after the previous 3 times he knock yas back

Tacky

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
You really think the only reason you have signed players is because JT is gone? Champ, it is purely because you didn't re-sign the big 3 and you now have money under the cap to buy players. If they didn't go nothing would have changed. It's typical of so many these days who think coaches are messiahs rather than just blokes doing a job. Matulino is past it and broken, Lolohea isn't wanted at the Warriors, you paid through the nose for JR and you've transferred the parole of Packer. Better than what you had? No.
So, you're saying the Tigers would be no better off if JT was still coaching?

Cleary came in, took Moses deal off the table and then imposed deadlines on the contracts of the other two. JT was happy to bow to every demand the 4 made, while Cleary came in and took control of the squad. Also, the recruitment under Taylor was piss poor: Grant, Rankin, Hunt, Naiqama, Edwards, Littlejohn and the worst of all MATT FUCKING BALLIN. He let go of Addo-Carr, who is now a starter and representative at the Storm. FFS, he played Rankin ahead of him.

Okay, so now try and tell me that the coach doesn't matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.