Status
Not open for further replies.

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Kiwi Test superstar Kieran Foran is set to walk away from his four-year $4.8 million deal to join Parramatta after the Eels have attempted to alter the terms of the contract.

The Daily Telegraph can reveal Foran has got cold feet after a change in the Eels management structure, with the departure of CEO Scott Seward leading to Parramatta failing to recognise certain elements of the agreed four-year deal.

Essentially, the agreed contract has dissolved and can become null and void because the Eels are attempting to change it.

The NRL is aware of the situation, with salary cap auditor Jamie L’Oste-Brown monitoring it closely for the past month.

Read more at Foxsports.com.au

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
To me this seems like puuuuure speculation.

Manly could not possibly afford to keep him if he does walk away.

Maybe the planets have aligned and he's been on the phone to Jim Doyle at the Warriors pleading for them to make it happen.

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
LOL typical parra... If he does walk and somehow joins the Warriors wowzers imagine that team playing week in and out...

Interestingg

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Maybe Hayne called parra and said "listen guys I've got no chance in hell of playing NFL so leave some space for me"

nek minit, parra lose Foran and Hayne goes to roosters. That would deserve a LOL@Parra super thread too be forever stickied

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Anyone want some conspiracy theories?

- Hayne has decided to return to the NRL and they can't afford him and Foran both. The Eels would prefer to have Hayne back hence they're screwing with Forans contract.
- Titans have more money free now that DCE is back with the sheagles, they've made Foran a massive offer and given the fact that they're operated by the NRL a quiet word in the ear of the salary cap auditor means that they can make shit up about supposed changes to the agreed deal and nobody will be able to argue the facts.
- It's all bullshit and speculation made up by the media because it's a slow news week. (this strikes me as the most likely scenario)

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I really hope he bails on them. I hate them lol.

Foran to bail on Parra for the Warriors and DCE to do multiple ACL's.

Shnissss

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
maybe hayne called parra and said "listen guys i've got no chance in hell of playing nfl so leave some space for me"

nek minit, parra lose foran and hayne goes to roosters. That would deserve a lol@parra super thread too be forever stickied
fkn lol!

sgodllubsti

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
lets see how manly and the nrl handle this salary cap blowout, dce foran lewis brown, now saying greg bird

can see shit hitting the fan here with other players who are expecting an upgrade

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Maloney signs with Cronulla.. RTS signs with NZ..

Foran teams up with his bum chum Pearce in the halves at Easts.

Calling it now.

Vagabond

flumshma
Reaction score
Christ, just when I thought that the eels couldn't be more of a joke. Guess they have to sign Sandow now.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Could of been foz at the "secret meeting" and why we are letting frank go

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Maloney signs with Cronulla.. RTS signs with NZ..

Foran teams up with his bum chum Pearce in the halves at Easts.

Calling it now.
Exactly, uncle nic had a few words and straight to the chooks

doggedforlife

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
roosters have been shedding players since rts announcement going to warriors ... so foran going to rorters wouldn't surprise.. I don't think warriors could afford with Isaac luke and rts going there ...

rorters are definitely building up to something ... hayne ? folau? and now foran ? one of these players will be there in 2016

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
I think Roosters would be feeling the cap pressure.

Likes of Moa, JWH, Guerra, Cordner, Friend, Jennings, Fergo, Napa, Evans etc would ALL of wanted a big pay upgrade. Some of them had HUGE bucks thrown at them by other clubs and all of them bar maybe Jennings would of been on peanuts.

The likes of Maloney, RTS and likely Tupou will be the heads that roll for them to afford those upgrades and even then RTS, Tupou wouldn't of been on big bucks this is what they are getting now, they weren't superstars 2-3 years ago. Maloney would of got a pretty pay day though again even then he wanted to head back to Sydney from NZ and is likely leaving now due to the money he can command.

Much like we no doubt are doing with Ennis, Pritchard, Hodkinson etc to upgrade Klemmer, Mbye, Jackson etc.

ouwet

Bulldogs 4 Life
Reaction score
No Possible way the Warriors could afford him under the cap!

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
How can the Eels just decide to alter the contract? The player wouldn't be allowed to do that so why would the club be able too? I can understand a contract becoming void if both parties agree, but not just one party changing it because they feel like it.

There is no way Manly can afford Foran now, so I guess if this is true then he will end up on the open market. Lucky for him he will be in high demand, but if he has no club to fall back on he will have lost a lot of bargaining power and this could cost him a lot of dollars.

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If he does "flip" or whatever I think he will go to the Rorters with his bum chum Pearce.

Owey

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone want some conspiracy theories?

- Hayne has decided to return to the NRL and they can't afford him and Foran both. The Eels would prefer to have Hayne back hence they're screwing with Forans contract.
- Titans have more money free now that DCE is back with the sheagles, they've made Foran a massive offer and given the fact that they're operated by the NRL a quiet word in the ear of the salary cap auditor means that they can make shit up about supposed changes to the agreed deal and nobody will be able to argue the facts.
- It's all bullshit and speculation made up by the media because it's a slow news week. (this strikes me as the most likely scenario)
You forgot about the part where we get stuck with Hodkinson.......

Status
Not open for further replies.