Loko

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Loko is going fine in NSW Cup at the moment. His biggest drawcard is that it takes normally the opposing centre, second rower, half, and sometimes winger to bring him down (and the other week even that didn't stop him).

In other words he is not a bad option out wide. Can draw the half/second rower/opposing centre, and create room for his winger on the outside.

No winger would have scored that try. Thompson had beaten Tupou but he simply had to much reach and would have pushed anyone out. Also managed to out jump him when he is 15 or 20cms shorter than him
Exactly ... when you are in the air heading for the corner, it doesn't take much to push you out. Not to mention, unless he could dislocate his shoulder and his arm was about 2m long, there was no way he was ever getting that down.

Outleaping a near 2m tall giant numerous times though, that's impressive.

People are way too hard on Tubs... I think he does just fine.

Ahecee

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I hope Loko does get himself into the thinking of who to pick in FG week in week out, but, picking him right now is only a step above picking a random person of the street who played the game before and was good....... he has done nothing so far, this is his comeback, and he stalled it himself. That sucks, given there is a spot or two open, but its nobodies but his own fault.

I was all for not firing him after his bad choice, but not being fired, and being selected in fg is a pretty big jump after a handful of games.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Loko is going fine in NSW Cup at the moment. His biggest drawcard is that it takes normally the opposing centre, second rower, half, and sometimes winger to bring him down (and the other week even that didn't stop him).

In other words he is not a bad option out wide. Can draw the half/second rower/opposing centre, and create room for his winger on the outside.

Exactly ... when you are in the air heading for the corner, it doesn't take much to push you out. Not to mention, unless he could dislocate his shoulder and his arm was about 2m long, there was no way he was ever getting that down.

Outleaping a near 2m tall giant numerous times though, that's impressive.

People are way too hard on Tubs... I think he does just fine.
Look has had a very disrupted season so far, might I say it is of his own doing. Against the Roos a few weeks ago he had a fair game and just this weekend yes had a sound game. He had the Jets defence in two minds on the weekend, thus in the first half Tasi had a fIeld day scoring a nice hat trick of tries. Jacob is one big boy, solid in the legs and upper body making two or more players commit to a tackle. Stil believe he needs a bit more time in Reggies but could quote conceivably get a call up later should we have injuries.
My little garden gnome Corey Thompson never disappoints and is a 100% committed player. The leap to take the high ball as you say was indeed sublime and I bet not many have done that against the Rorters big men. Saying that another winger would have scored that try on Friday is very unfair. Thompson was horizontal to the ground and close to the side line and thus any decent push on him would always propel him into touch. He goes sokaiya and I would not mind in the least if he was offered another contract.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
LEICHHARDT OVAL, SATURDAY 1ST AUGUST 10.40AM
REFEREE: KASEY BADGER TOUCH JUDGES: JAY FARLOW, MITCHELL STONE
Live on Fox Sports on Channel 501

Thats this week so tune in!

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
he was solid, he wasnt a stand out, phillips and Cook were the standouts on the weekend.
he gave a great ball for one of Phillips tries, naturally he lost some pace from his injuries, i hope we re sign all of the above mentioned for next year.
i also really think Cook can offer something off the bench, Lichaa is a great defender but he doesn't possess the speed of Cook, maybe next year Cook will come into his own with the limited interchanges.
Funny that i praised cook a year ago and got bagged,some people dont know footy

CBDog

In the Zone
Reaction score
Same could be said of Lane last year and earlier this year.
"non performer, not up to first grade standard, need to beef up etc'

But then run out with the top side and play with purpose is another thing.

For those who could remember when Loko was at Parra. he was a young gun.

Clean up a few issues he will be a force with us no matter where he plays.
Just as long it is with us.

No use being promoted now, too late in my opinion. Just get the body and more importantly his mind ready for next year
and we have a more, sorry, much more capable replacement for Williams if Des decides to groom him for the back row which
I think he will kill it.

Status
Not open for further replies.