Lock in Hasler to a long term deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

pisssst

CEO
Reaction score
This is a big call but I think des should bench graham for the first 25 minutes this will allow our halfs to be more creative than just pass it to graham
Only reason they pass to him is because that is the instructions from the coach.

pisssst

CEO
Reaction score
My concern is, even though our team is stacked... Our style is grinding at best, we have a team full of individuals capable of blitzing teams off the park, but week in, week out.. We are the grinders, it's painful and even if we win, it's not pretty.. That's our coaches style...

I'm still a desliever, but our style makes my eyes hurt...

EDIT: can we make "desliever" a thing?
We play like a team of nobodies trying to grind and not make any mistakes. When like you said, if we were to just play footy we would wipe teams. We make games hard for no reason. All our players are bulked up, it's obvious des thinks we will just be to big for teams and just walk over them, but it's backfired and he hasn't got a backup plan.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I am just thinking after reading this thread: What would be the people's opinion here on GF day for Des, if we had a similar run like last year.

lol, People will be back on Des bandwagon and that will be one interesting day on this forum before the game.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I am just thinking after reading this thread: What would be the people's opinion here on GF day for Des, if we had a similar run like last year.

lol, People will be back on Des bandwagon and that will be one interesting day on this forum before the game.
That wont happen though.

pisssst

CEO
Reaction score

Will be interesting. But in both our grand finals I believe (correct me if I'm wrong) we only scored 6 points in both games because the good teams worked us out and we have nothing else to turn to. For us to have any chance we have to beat the roosters this week.

HITM3N

THE KENNEL
Gilded
Reaction score
People need to understand that des is building a team for the long term and not the short

pisssst

CEO
Reaction score
People need to understand that des is building a team for the long term and not the short
I'd love to believe that. But who are we building players around? We have no spine. Bmorris has a few more years left and will start going downhill
Soon. We have no halfback. Our future 5/8 hasn't had a season in the 1team and is already making demands. Lichaa is the only young spine player we have.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Will be interesting. But in both our grand finals I believe (correct me if I'm wrong) we only scored 6 points in both games because the good teams worked us out and we have nothing else to turn to. For us to have any chance we have to beat the roosters this week.
yep but last year, we barely made the 8 and we were in the much worst form at the completion of normal round than we are now.

we were complete outsiders on the betting odds to make the GF let alone win the premiership when the semis started, but we all know how we steam rolled Storm, Manly and Panthers all the way to GF.

It was a completely different team in September to we saw in July-August.

Shanked

U been Shanked
Reaction score
whats the point of sacking someone if you're not getting someone better? i'd take my chances with des

pisssst

CEO
Reaction score
whats the point of sacking someone if you're not getting someone better? i'd take my chances with des
This is what I don't understand. People think des is a god and there is no one better. Don't you guys know that des was a rookie coach at one point? Do you think there will never be a coach like or better than him?
Sometimes you have to just take a chance.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Mate I PRAY he makes me eat humble pie. BRING IT ON. Reality check - you have to make the 8 first. Let's chat on Friday night around 9.45 when we are trying to find pliers to get the Roosters c*ck our of our collective arses. Then you can tell me how the ref was at fault, anything other than Des has no Plan B.
trust me, I was throwing kitchen sink at Des last year , after we got smashed by the Titans reserve graders in round 25 or something last year who were on a long losing streak and we were relying on winning our last game to make the top 8. Keep in mind we held no.1 spot for a long time last last year.

there was no way in hell we were going pass first round of top 8, all teams were praying that they play us such was our pathetic form going into semi finals footy.

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
Ok if warriors beat the shaks and tigers beat Melbourne we beat roosters were in 5th spot but I doubt it

CBDog

In the Zone
Reaction score
Find me Maguire 2.0 or Robinson 2.0 or Bellamy 2.0 or Bennett 2.0 as they are ALL better than Des.
Out of those four I would take Bellamy 100%
The other three have attracted established well known players or have had them in their playing roster for some time.

Bellamy on the other hand dosen't go out and throw the chequebook at players and their parasite managers.
He seems to out of nowhere make a topline player out of a nobody.

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

I wont, I already mentioned that making the GF made people forget the mediocre regular season we had. I still rate Des as a coach but he needs to make changes quick because we haven't changed since 2013.

Shanked

U been Shanked
Reaction score
This is what I don't understand. People think des is a god and there is no one better. Don't you guys know that des was a rookie coach at one point? Do you think there will never be a coach like or better than him?
Sometimes you have to just take a chance.
Its not a bout thinking he's a god, but coaches, likes good halves don't grow on trees. Also most rookie coaches start off on bad teams and therefore can take the chance on them.

CBDog

In the Zone
Reaction score
Agreed, but I'd take any of the 4. All have shown they can win using different tactics, something we struggle to do.
Also when you sit down in front of the tele or at the game those sides coached by the aforemention will make it interesting because
they will bring something different to the table (Wild Turkey anyone!) and not be predictable. They change their game plan
according to what is in front of them. Mix it up.
At half time when Plan 'A' has not worked I'm looking to Plan 'B' to be implimented, but to no avail we continue with the same shite.

With the Doggies you just about predict the play as a re-run from previous losses.

Status
Not open for further replies.