Lloyd Perrett's Future

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
He is very highly thought off by the club, players and coaches... He was the reason we signed his brother, Cleal I denitrified him as a real prospect... He is very much included in our future plans
I remember someone mentioned we got the brothers as a package deal haha, his time will come and when it does we should be licking our lips!

NallaC

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Why the hell would they drop him from NSW Cup? who gives a shit if we win or lose in NSW Cup? they should keep him there so he can learn.
I think the players and staff who are involved in NSW Cup each week might give a shit...

The Greatest

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I remember someone mentioned we got the brothers as a package deal haha, his time will come and when it does we should be licking our lips!
Yeah the deal nearly fell through when the roosters didn't wanna release Lloyd, then it became obvious that we were after Sam for Lloyd.. It was a very smart recruiting from our guys, who continue to do a good job.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Why the hell would they drop him from NSW Cup? who gives a shit if we win or lose in NSW Cup? they should keep him there so he can learn.
Would like NSW Cup team to be smashing it, put real pressure on FG for spots.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
With the experience in the staff we have here I am sure if Des sees something in Lloyd he will keep him.

Some fans gets frustrated with the lack of players that get first grade opportunities. I look at the players hasler has found and moulded into rep players. Apart from the obvious DCE and Foran, hasler was also instrumental of creating T-Rex into a damaging forward (shame he hasn't been able to get him there again :p) was involved with the Stewart bros getting to origin, re-emergence of kite and rose, discovery of burer and creation of their other hooker that made origin (forgot his name)

In all honesty hasler, Egan, and cleal rarely sign the best juniors. But they sign players that they see potential in and bring them into the system. Sila had major deficiencies in his game his hands are not great, his defence is not up to first grade standard. There is a reason he hasn't played yet.

You are almost assured that if a player makes first grade they will either be up for it or have something in them that hasler wants.

Lloyd is a prodigy. He scored 5 tries in sg ball. He is fit, runs hard and can offload. But is still raw. He is playing in a position that usually doesn't flourish until mid 20s.

I doubt tolman is going anywhere. Hasler sees him as our best forward (coaches award 2 years in a row) he will never get dropped because he does what the coach needs (strong call carrier, great defender). If anything we need to shift graham to lock (all the skills and defence ability to be a weapon in that position) which will open up a starting spot for fifita and leaves 2 prop positions on the bench for the likes of kasiano, klemmer, Browne, perrett, Eastwood etc to battle for.

The weak link is trex. But I guess hasler is just hoping he comes good like the rest of us.

For klemmer to make first grade last year (had just turned 19) hasler sees him as a major piece of the puzzle moving forward (even with long term deals to graham, tolman and fifita)

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Sila is a real prospect and should be given time to develop his defense not dropped from NSW Cup.

richie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
How can someone be so bad in defence but so dominating in attack farkkk our luck
Matty Utai ring a bell?

I will give Sila a bit of credit he can tackle sometimes, but as I have being saying the last 2yrs , he still has a long way too go.
bring on Kayne Brennan...

The sharks and other clubs will probably have Llyod on there radar

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Matty Utai ring a bell?

I will give Sila a bit of credit he can tackle sometimes, but as I have being saying the last 2yrs , he still has a long way too go.
bring on Kayne Brennan...

The sharks and other clubs will probably have Llyod on there radar
If Lloyd develops well then that would be a blessing in disguise for the sharkies. Offloading a 700k prop for a 150k one who will be just as good potentially.

sgodllubsti

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
im not to sure what is going on as we are not privy to what des and the club are doing, however there does seem to be a surplus of forwards and props at the club. in saying that look at big sam he has spent a lot of time out with injuries and a replacement was needed.
give lloyd some time he may well develop in to a top liner

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
im not to sure what is going on as we are not privy to what des and the club are doing, however there does seem to be a surplus of forwards and props at the club. in saying that look at big sam he has spent a lot of time out with injuries and a replacement was needed.
give lloyd some time he may well develop in to a top liner
Eastwood is injured a lot too. Cant have too many good forwards backups

doggi3s

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
We better not lose him or any other young forwards who actually run to keep T. rex

immortalbulldog

Eternal Doggy
Reaction score
Sila is a real prospect and should be given time to develop his defense not dropped from NSW Cup.
Mate he's not good enough get over it. I disagree that he is a real prospect. Just because he scores a few tries in NYC means sweet **** all considering they score 20 a game down there FFS.
How can you bag Des for not dropping players and then say that Sila needs to be automatically selected no matter what.
He's no different to the rest of the 90% from Holden cup who never make it. He's relied on his size and just wants to score tries. He's a lazy trainer and a bad defender who would leak more tries in NRL than he would score. He won't play NRL for the bulldogs and I doubt anywhere tbh

immortalbulldog

Eternal Doggy
Reaction score
If Lloyd develops well then that would be a blessing in disguise for the sharkies. Offloading a 700k prop for a 150k one who will be just as good potentially.
Like when we lost Omeley to the Roosters and got the buy of the decade in Danny Williams

Bulldogjem

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Lloyd perrett is in Perth apparently ! He tweeted something about being homesick and how Perth weather was like the Gold Coast . Interesting !

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
As mentioned before, his time will come!

Has he done a Mormon mission already by the way?

haz123

dogs for eva
Reaction score
INU just tweeted he was domestic airport Maccas also ????

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Lloyd perrett is in Perth apparently ! He tweeted something about being homesick and how Perth weather was like the Gold Coast . Interesting !
Is the 20s game being played there or lidcombe???

haz123

dogs for eva
Reaction score
He also said not to get too excited only there for cover.

Status
Not open for further replies.