LIVE Games

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raysie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
How are we in 2013, and are still not able to see every NRL game over the weekend LIVE? there's no excuse for it. I don't know of any of the other big sports in Australia that have the same issue.

Over the next month, I believe 3 of the 4 games the Bulldogs play next will all be delayed games.

Why should we as fans have to hide ourselves from the radio, internet, ANYONE etc. just so we don't accidentally find out the score/result? And don't even get me started on the bloody 4min commercials every time there's a try or scrum!

I don't know if anyone's realised this, but you can tell pretty quickly with the 4PM game on CH9 if it's going to be a golden point game or not, as CH9 always want Nine News starting at 5:59PM on the dot. So if it's 18-18 at the 79th minute and it's 5:57PM, then it's all but a given that a team is going to win it before the siren. I know it's a small thing, but it annoys me to no end.

The Bulldogs/Tigers game will be okay next Friday, as I can at least make that one. I can't make it to Gosford and Newcastle for the other games though... for obvious reasons.

Rant over.

Sauce Head

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Buy a HD recorder mate. Start recording at kick off then start watching at 430 and fast forward through the ads. It won't "catch up" til full time! Also great for the delayed ch9 game fri night. I think you might be able to do this on fox iq ( I don't have fox so not sure )

Raysie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Buy a HD recorder mate. Start recording at kick off then start watching at 430 and fast forward through the ads. It won't "catch up" til full time! Also great for the delayed ch9 game fri night. I think you might be able to do this on fox iq ( I don't have fox so not sure )
That's what I will be doing with my Foxtel IQ. Point is though, I shouldn't have to watch a game half an hour after the game already starting on a delayed timeslot while locking myself away from any human possibly telling me the result/score.

It also pretty much stops me from watching the 2:30PM Fox Sports game today as well, with the fear of hearing the stadium announcer telling the crowd the current score against the Bulldogs/Sharks. IT'S HAPPENED BEFORE BELIEVE IT OR NOT! LOL

bmw_s2000

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
You can watch it online... All games are live when streaming through online services.

Harby

Trance Family
Reaction score
I fume every year when we have sunday games. I fucking hate channel 9 my god I'm bewildered as to why the NRL gave them the rights again. Channel 10 was the clear choice, it has its own stand alone sports channel, what more could you fucking want?

bmw_s2000

Kennel Participant
Reaction score

Go on
ahahaha, I dont want to get the sack or banned from here since I know how strict the mods are in relation to online streaming. However just google the magic word, and games are streamed live.

cookieman909

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ch 9 Sunday games are the worse. so hard to get into it cos of all the fuckin adds

Þo£ar ßêar ™

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Channel 9 always sucked with their Sunday delayed telecast of NRL matches. Not sure why they even do it tbh, apart from leading into the 6pm news, still stupid.

Only other option is for you to actually go to the game i guess :p

Bry

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It sucks balls, but do you remember in the early 90's I think it was when they would have the game starting at 5pm and finished at 6? By the time the adds were taken out you only saw half the game! They butchered the shit out of it. I still have some of those games on video.

Stoofy

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
ahahaha, I dont want to get the sack or banned from here since I know how strict the mods are in relation to online streaming. However just google the magic word, and games are streamed live.
PM link please

Trendsetter

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
They b*tch and moan about people streaming it online but they don't give a rats arse about people who don't live in the state the game is being played and can't make it to the games.

1hr delay on Ch9 (Gem in my case) with 40mins of advertisements.
3hr delay on Fox (Pointless)

So there's only one clear choice for those who can't make it to the game but want to watch it live... Grainy/pixelated streams from the UK (that's where I stream it from, no ads), and I love it, cause I don't have to see Waterhouses face, and watch the same ad 10 times in a span of 20mins.

If I had payed over a billion to air the majority of NRL games, I'd be sucking off the NRL as a whole 24/7! (metaphorically), not trying to turn every NRL supporter off the game by spreading rumours, stalking players to get any kind of filth story, antagonizing teams so they react and then post half the story, last but not least, airing delayed games to infuriate every supporter out there when there is no need but to just insert more ads!

CalebNZ

Waterboy
Reaction score
Makes me appreciate how good we have it in NZ. Almost all games are live, ad free and in HD. Delays usually when there is a overlap with other sports (A-league, yawnion etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.