Opinion Lincoln Smith

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Been saying for months should sign Lindsay smith Panthers and Thomas Hazelton from Sharks.
They are both young tough forwards with big careers ahead, will only get better.
Probably both under contract but offer them more gus.
I reckon Hazleton is a realistic target and also wanted him for a while.

Smith on the other hand is tricky, he's going to be playing in Panthers 17 easily next season. We would have to offer good money for him to leave them, as he's not a starter imo and would only be in the same position with us but just in a worse team.

Dogmonster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
With the lack of front rowers, i would buy both, i think Smith would be ok starting also Hazelton.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The club will be exploring a lot of options. I really would love it if we find some unrecognised talent again moving forward. One of the things I used to love about our club was that used to pick up players that had been unable to climb up the pecking order. Guys like O'Meley, Ryan etc had all debuted, but fallen back to the lower grades. We took them and helped them get to the next level.

We've seen King and Preston join us and make the step up very well. I hope we continue to do this. It's a very bad idea to pay huge prices for established talent if it's not in a game breaking position or an organisation role.

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Been saying for months should sign Lindsay smith Panthers and Thomas Hazelton from Sharks.
They are both young tough forwards with big careers ahead, will only get better.
Probably both under contract but offer them more gus.
Pretty sure during a recent Sharks game I heard Gus mention that Hazelton is always around his place - because he's good friends with Gus' son.

If that's indeed true it shouldn't be too hard for Gus to get in his ear

Dogmonster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Pretty sure during a recent Sharks game I heard Gus mention that Hazelton is always around his place - because he's good friends with Gus' son.

If that's indeed true it shouldn't be too hard for Gus to get in his ear
Sounds good, Hazelton and Smith don't back off at all from the good older bull props, Gus should definitely be on to it.

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
No more Panther
Need to delete Panther not add Panther