Status
Not open for further replies.
F

fatal1

Sledged and ignored - life is scary and exciting for new Warrior Price
By Alex Brown
February 18, 2005
Page Tools

Steve Price figured the sledging would start eventually - but not before the season started.

The former Bulldogs captain, now in New Zealand after signing with the Warriors, was one of the few fans at Eden Park daring to cheer for Australia in the first Twenty20 international against New Zealand last night. And the barbs were flying thick and fast.

"I'm here with Stacey Jones and he's been into me non-stop," Price said. "He reckons the Kiwis are going to give it to us, and so does pretty much everyone else here ... but they couldn't do it if the real Richard Hadlee came back in his old uniform."

Trans-Tasman sledging aside, Price said his first pre-season outside Belmore in a decade had proved both "scary and exciting", acclimatising to a new team and a new country. Along with Ruben Wiki, his signing has given new credibility to the Warriors, seeking to rebuild after a torrid 2004.

"It's been very refreshing, coming to a new country and being around new people," Price said. "I'm sure the move will hit me even more when we start playing. But it's still been scary and exciting at the same time."

Price got a telling insight into his new profile last night. Not noticed by TV crews panning the cricket crowd for celebrities, he spent much of the night looking up at Jonah Lomu, who appeared frequently on the big screen. Welcome to New Zealand.

www.smh.com.au

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
Good luck to him and his success for new found happiness... I wish him all the best and hope he dont get too homesick playing away from home

Reaction score
He'll come crawling back. Once those big hairy kiwi men have their way with them, he'll come crawling back, begging for forgiveness even if it meant he'd sit on the bench in premier league.

SBW_Fan

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wish him all the best for his time at the Warriors.Onya Pricey

GF_bak2bak

Waterboy
Reaction score
YOU WANT HIM BACK????? FOR THE LOVE OF GOD WHY?
Look no doubt that he's a top bloke but look at the trouble we have trying to sign these boys up now.
we wouldnt be able to afford either of them if pricey were still here!!!
good luck to him ova there but he's made his decision and hes gotta stick by it

Reaction score
As if we wouldnt want him back. He is a deadset hero that guy. Steve Price is a top bloke.

spannaforce

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
well he better enjoy with what is left with summer, as it is going to get very cold soon...

Status
Not open for further replies.