Lichaa/Moses/Reynolds Experiment

Status
Not open for further replies.

cookieman909

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Des cannot have mbye, reynolds and hodko in the 17. Lichaa is an 80 min hooker. Tbh id drop both hodko and reynolds to NSW Cup. Its obvious hodko has no confidence. Chuck Mbye at five eight, and put either Trex at 7, or put young Frawley at 7 and see how he goes. Honestly he could not go any worse then hodko!

magdog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Des seems so premeditated in his gameplan, and lacks the ability or chooses not to make a tactical decision based on how the game is playing out.

Couldn't agree more. We are shit to watch. After last week would have expected the team to come out rippin and tearin and got pffft instead.

Allan

Man of Steel
Reaction score
While Des has failed to come and see me to talk it through personally, I have observed him over the years and it is clear from his actions that he doesn't look at the season on a game by game basis. He has a goal to be there on GF day. Some of his actions therefore make little sense if you only want to win a particular game. He tries things out for the longer term. Hodkinson was behind a beaten pack yesterday. Give him a break. Our backline hadn't played together so our attack on the line was disjointed. They are all great players and will improve week by week.

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
While Des has failed to come and see me to talk it through personally, I have observed him over the years and it is clear from his actions that he doesn't look at the season on a game by game basis. He has a goal to be there on GF day. Some of his actions therefore make little sense if you only want to win a particular game. He tries things out for the longer term. Hodkinson was behind a beaten pack yesterday. Give him a break. Our backline hadn't played together so our attack on the line was disjointed. They are all great players and will improve week by week.
behind a beaten pack? thats what finchie said. i suspect that may be wrong, as someone here has quoted some stats that seem to indicate that we should've been dominating in all aspects of the game.

Allan

Man of Steel
Reaction score
behind a beaten pack? thats what finchie said. i suspect that may be wrong, as someone here has quoted some stats that seem to indicate that we should've been dominating in all aspects of the game.
No matter what stats you read we were disorganised in the forwards. Yes, they took the ball forward but with Graham missing they ran out of options near the line. People criticising Hodkinson should realise that Graham is our half back. It will take the team time to adjust. The loss of Graham, BMoz and Kasiano was too big a hurdle. Add to that our right side attack missed Lafai in a big way which you could see every time Reynolds looked for options on his right side close to the line. Lets not forget that Perrett has put in MOM performances on the right wing this year. A very big ask to put this team up against a winning St George team.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Pleeease allan ,we made over 1600 metres ,did less tackles ,had 41 sets in the oppositions 20 compared to their 13 ,even our 2nd string pack did its job ,our halves terrible execution and poor defence lost us that game

Horny Wog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
No matter what stats you read we were disorganised in the forwards. Yes, they took the ball forward but with Graham missing they ran out of options near the line. People criticising Hodkinson should realise that Graham is our half back. It will take the team time to adjust. The loss of Graham, BMoz and Kasiano was too big a hurdle. Add to that our right side attack missed Lafai in a big way which you could see every time Reynolds looked for options on his right side close to the line. Lets not forget that Perrett has put in MOM performances on the right wing this year. A very big ask to put this team up against a winning St George team.
Our halves lost the match (specifically Hokko), it is as simple as that.

ffs Panthers beat Manly without Soward & Wallace

Shnissss

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Forwards win games. Backs determine by how much. Our forwards as disorganised as they were got us into the oppositions 20 consistently. Our halves simply went missing.

sgodllubsti

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
dont put mbye on the pedestal he was on the field early on when we were attacking the dragons line, cant remember him doing anything of worth either, it goes to prove that between reynolds hodko mbye we have nothing

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
Des has to accept what he has tried to do has not worked. After his 1st year when our forwards ball playing caught everyone off guard our attack has been slow, flat and predictable. Our defense hasn't been much better. Our forwards should steam roll most packs. But they are in slow flat and in two minds to run or pass. We are so flat in attack its like under 8s chain passing sideways. Players cop a bagging week in week out especially hokko Reynolds williams but they are trying to follow a plan that gives them no room, but no one giv3s it to hasler for crap structures. Its time des starts taking blame and aim up.

jamesb

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Lichaa was looking good he should not have been taken off, he now just needs players to attack gaps and run onto the ball when he gets out and with a bit of space. He should play 80 mins.

I thought Mbye was starting to have one of his better games at the start with him in the halves then it got disrupted with him moving to hooker. Decision time needs to be made on the halves - Hodkinson didn't create, at the very least please pass the ball early to give the players a bit of space. I'm not confident on Reynolds abilities at this stage either. Mbye looks to have the most potential and he was just starting to scheme and take the line on a bit more before being swapped to hooker

KimboSlice

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
dont put mbye on the pedestal he was on the field early on when we were attacking the dragons line, cant remember him doing anything of worth either, it goes to prove that between reynolds hodko mbye we have nothing
I've got to agree, this year he has shown potential, but he is still not impacting a game.. He seems predictable when running the ball and he isn't creating anything on the outside..

He's giving early ball and our outside backs are doing all the work, I don't think he is troubling opposition teams at all..

And I definitely don't know the answer because none of our halves could organise a root in a brothel.. Halves should be organising the forwards and then calling the plays for the backline, what we appear to have are 3 halves who can't give any direction.

Lichaa is good and will gel with the team more, he seems to love a Scott from dummy half but then to pass, our forwards didn't know what he was doing a few times yesterday and so he passed to them flat footed, this will come good hopefully as they get to know each other a bit better...

Trex, ordinary, looks like Tarzan, plays like Jane, he is a shadow of the player he could be, I'm sick of him getting the ball stationary then accelerating.. Hit the ball at speed and the big bohemith will get 5 line breaks a game..

Anyways, that's my rant for today, I couldn't handle the game yesterday, it was very poor

Ahecee

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I suspect Mbye is being brought in much like Barba was, if you all recall, people where screaming for him to be in the FG squad full time quite a bit before he was. Most players are eased in to it, and it seems to work pretty well, its not so much a question of the other guy he'd be replacing, but what it will do to him if he gets dropped in the deep end and gets his confidence shot in the process (also think Mbye gets rated a little higher than he really should at present because we expect less from him and more from the other 2, and they all are performing about even)

Lichaa was widely accepted as not being a 80 minute player just yet pre season... not sure 6 rounds is enough to change that, its more likely to take a season of games and training to get there (even more so when some big names that would be playing around him are not there for a few weeks).

Remove Graham and Kas, and our halves are more exposed given those two offer more than the traditional forward kind of role.

Horny Wog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Would be nice to see someone follow Lichaa when he goes for a scoot out of dummy half

KimboSlice

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Would be nice to see someone follow Lichaa when he goes for a scoot out of dummy half
I reckon these rounds is where Bmoz woulda built some good combos with Lichaa and the forwards.. apart from Bmoz, our support play is sub-par at best... we have a giant pack, if anyone had a half decent support game, it would be all on in the last 20 of a game!

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Our halves (Inc. Mybe) should be apologising to our forward pack. Considering the players we had out, I thought our forwards did a brilliant job getting us to the right end of the field.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Mbye is a rookie and has our performed both out SOO halves. In the times Moses has been here Rona has become top try scorer, Morris broke his duck and hit some form and Williams has looked the most dangerous he ever has in dogs colours. Im not saying he will be a superstar but he actually uses the players around him unlike the other 2. Des needs to restructure our attacking structure.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I've got to agree, this year he has shown potential, but he is still not impacting a game.. He seems predictable when running the ball and he isn't creating anything on the outside..

He's giving early ball and our outside backs are doing all the work, I don't think he is troubling opposition teams at all..

And I definitely don't know the answer because none of our halves could organise a root in a brothel.. Halves should be organising the forwards and then calling the plays for the backline, what we appear to have are 3 halves who can't give any direction.

Lichaa is good and will gel with the team more, he seems to love a Scott from dummy half but then to pass, our forwards didn't know what he was doing a few times yesterday and so he passed to them flat footed, this will come good hopefully as they get to know each other a bit better...

Trex, ordinary, looks like Tarzan, plays like Jane, he is a shadow of the player he could be, I'm sick of him getting the ball stationary then accelerating.. Hit the ball at speed and the big bohemith will get 5 line breaks a game..

Anyways, that's my rant for today, I couldn't handle the game yesterday, it was very poor
Trex ordinary? Ahaha. He was one of our best and most dangerous on field ffs. He cops the most ridiculous shit on this forum.

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
A 5/8th job is to provide his outside backs and 2nd row with qualify ball. Identify holes/weaknesses in the opposition and also run with it when required. That's exactly what Mbye does and our halfback should be running the show like Benji did fkr the dragons but Hokko can't do any of that.
So the pressure mounts on Mbye to become our everything man. And he has handled that pressure well for a kid who hasnt played that much Fg. That shows he is a player for the future... He needs to be there.

likeadoggy

Banned
Reaction score
who the **** coaches this team?? that's where the buck stops imo. Des has had every opportunity to provide at least one go to play in ther opp 20 and we fail miserably every time - to the point of it being downright embarrassing to watch. How Reynolds is in that team atm is a joke and Hokk isn't far behind.

Status
Not open for further replies.