Reaction score
I hope he’s dropped for this week
If Frawley and Martin come in then 2 must drop out
Hope jmk goes to hooker and is not the one dropped for Frawley

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
On form pay would be nuts not to pick nu brown and renouf t and drop lichha if he doesnt he is worse than des

Headmix

Banned
Reaction score
Lichaa's slow service, particularly within the opposition ten metre zone, stifles attacking plays.

He needs to learn to spass from the ground properly.
He tires very quickly therefore passing from the ground takes more effort... Look at him after a run from dummy half.. Hes fucked..

It's definitely a fitness issue

Deathspell

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Lichaa is one of the problems in attack, but he's not our biggest problem.Dropping him might improve our attack a little but it's going to take a lot more to win games. Last few games his ruck work has actually improved, he's starting to scoop the ball fast, with one hand off the ground ala Cameron Smith or Cook and he's passing better on both sides of the ruck. Let's hope he keeps his improvement going. He needs to communicate those useless dummy half runs, so the forwards know what he's up to and back him up. He's created 5 tries from dummy half, same amount as Foran from general play.That doesn't look good for Foran. All Foran's tries are scored the same way to the right side.The whole attacking style is predictable, easily covered by the defense, vulnerable to the intercept or a hand strike as the ball travels across the line.
Only reason we scored against Penrith is because they had a 2nd row at center and a right edge player, playing on the left. Penrith have a lot of injuries atm and we couldn't create one try in the 2nd half.
Unless Mbye directs the props and lock in the defensive line, dropping him will weaken the middle defense, his tackling count is a lot higher then any of our middle forwards and together with Elliott they are consistently covering for Woods when he's caught on the wrong side of the defensive line.That's were the error for that try scored by Easts started from.

Deathspell

Kennel Established
Reaction score
He doesn’t need to learn shit. If he can’t do the only thing a hooker is supposed to do then he needs to get fucked off asap. His only good thing he was doing darting from dummy half has now cut down to doing it maybe 2-3 times a game ineffectively. Foran is another big issue. The kid needs to control the team and look for the ball. Not wait around for the ball to come to him. Take a leaf out Of Maloney’s book and see how he inserts himself into the game and controls the team.
If you think a hooker just passes from dummy half you're about 4 years behind in the game bro.Hookers,5/8, fullbacks, and halves now interchange across the field.The reason you're not seeing it at the Dogs is because we are still playing the old redundant to the edge style instead of the three pass shift, with forwards handling a lot less to avoid fatigue, reason the Burgess brothers are going so good this year. Watch the Storm,Souths and Sharks they do it better then most.
Foran is a huge issue, every try he's created is same way,edge play to the right side. Same side where Easts pounced on 2 intercepts and the fox on another. A half that only uses his side of the field is useless in the modern game.

Deathspell

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Problem is although Lichaa isn't bringing the house down in attack,he's carrying Woods in defense.Together with Elliott after Tolman got injured, Lichaa covers Woods who is consistently caught on the wrong side of the defensive line.Without him the middle would look like a revolving door in a whore house. As soon as Woods decides to wake up,probably around origin time, Lichaa can go. Maybe Lichaa has Woods on the payroll.
This is how bad he is atm,against Easts, problem started with Woods not making Napa, that gave Easts an extra decoy on our right right side.After Tedesco cut through and passed to Mitchell,Klemmer who was defending to the left of Woods raced past Woods and headed right, he didn't get there, but at least he tried. Woods hands on hips decided to become the water boy! I could list heaps of other occasions, but I think you got my point.

billy bulldog

Waterboy
Reaction score
Licaa needs to go very simple his to slow in all areas at best his nsw cup that’s it for him fat slow

Shanked

U been Shanked
Reaction score
https://wwos.nine.com.au/videos/cjghyav6k00hb0go41ksrcmwo/johns-rips-bulldogs-for-selfish-play

Andrew johns the immortal doesn't seem to think Licha is the problem they they are saying the players don't play of the back of what he does.
i agree with what they said, when ever there's an offload or a dart from dummy half, all the other players have just given up on the play, and then don't do anything with it. Numerous times i've seen lichaa looking to link with someone but they are just standing around waiting for the next tackle

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
https://wwos.nine.com.au/videos/cjghyav6k00hb0go41ksrcmwo/johns-rips-bulldogs-for-selfish-play

Andrew johns the immortal doesn't seem to think Licha is the problem they they are saying the players don't play of the back of what he does.
I think Johns may be right. Foran is just not getting the support he needs. When he does something in the run, he looks around and there is no one there to pass to.
They need to shift JMK from the 1/2's. He goes OK but is just not a 1/2.
Foran needs players backing him up. The players should know this, but dont seem to.

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
Lichaa is one of the problems in attack, but he's not our biggest problem.Dropping him might improve our attack a little but it's going to take a lot more to win games. Last few games his ruck work has actually improved, he's starting to scoop the ball fast, with one hand off the ground ala Cameron Smith or Cook and he's passing better on both sides of the ruck. Let's hope he keeps his improvement going. He needs to communicate those useless dummy half runs, so the forwards know what he's up to and back him up. He's created 5 tries from dummy half, same amount as Foran from general play.That doesn't look good for Foran. All Foran's tries are scored the same way to the right side.The whole attacking style is predictable, easily covered by the defense, vulnerable to the intercept or a hand strike as the ball travels across the line.
Only reason we scored against Penrith is because they had a 2nd row at center and a right edge player, playing on the left. Penrith have a lot of injuries atm and we couldn't create one try in the 2nd half.
Unless Mbye directs the props and lock in the defensive line, dropping him will weaken the middle defense, his tackling count is a lot higher then any of our middle forwards and together with Elliott they are consistently covering for Woods when he's caught on the wrong side of the defensive line.That's were the error for that try scored by Easts started from.
I do have one defence of Lichaa here. The decision to run from dummy half usually takes place in an instant when the markers aren't set and there is a quick play the ball. He needs to deceive the markers in order to beat them, and communicating his intent to run could give his deception away. Nearby forwards and Mbye trailing should anticipate when he might run and be on their toes ready to support, then they would be more than "useless dummy half runs". His service from dummy half leaves a lot to be desired.

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you think a hooker just passes from dummy half you're about 4 years behind in the game bro.Hookers,5/8, fullbacks, and halves now interchange across the field.The reason you're not seeing it at the Dogs is because we are still playing the old redundant to the edge style instead of the three pass shift, with forwards handling a lot less to avoid fatigue, reason the Burgess brothers are going so good this year. Watch the Storm,Souths and Sharks they do it better then most.
Foran is a huge issue, every try he's created is same way,edge play to the right side. Same side where Easts pounced on 2 intercepts and the fox on another. A half that only uses his side of the field is useless in the modern game.
It was a figure of speech, I know a hooker is much more then a service provider, I’ve mentioned it plenty of times that licha never kicks, provided decent service or even create opportunities like a decent hooker should. What I was saying is that if he can’t even pass which is the bare minimum for a bloody hooker then he can fuk off. Nothing to learn at this stage of his career.

As what your saying about Foran I also mentioned that in previous posts. He plays to much to structure which isn’t working and doesn’t stamp his authority on the team. He never looks for the ball and just waits for it to go to his side. Hence why I’ve been bagging him out since round 2. He needs to inject himself like Maloney did for panthers and get repeat sets, crest opportunities, get the team going forward etc etc...

froggy

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Lichaa is not our main problem. He has issues going right but our problem is our structure.

Andrew Johns said it right, the halves never pass the ball to each other. Foran is camped right for the whole game. I think his fitness is questionable. He needs to be all over the field. Dean Pay needs to tell him he is the main half and therefore touches the ball twice as much as JMK. At the moment I reckon JMK is getting more touches and he is not up to it in attack.

For all of Josh Reynolds faults he did go where the ball went a lot. That's what we need from Foran.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Lichaa is Problem yes but we paid fuck all to keep him so it won’t be a problem to move him on we paid big money for woods and Foran and as much as I like foz he’s fucked physically and woods well his shit just speaks for itself

Malla

Reaction score
It's first grade and defensive line generally meet the attacking team 5-6 metres from the play the ball - but with Lichaa's slow ass service they're meeting us after 2-3m gained and it's definitely an issue. This is why its important for hookers to be able to pass off the ground and with pin point accuracy - lichaa can't do that. What lichaa does is effective in reserve grade but not first grade.

Foran has definitely been passive too and it isn't helping.

Who am I kidding our whole team is farked let's just ride out the next 2 years as best we can lol

Deathspell

Kennel Established
Reaction score
It's first grade and defensive line generally meet the attacking team 5-6 metres from the play the ball - but with Lichaa's slow ass service they're meeting us after 2-3m gained and it's definitely an issue. This is why its important for hookers to be able to pass off the ground and with pin point accuracy - lichaa can't do that. What lichaa does is effective in reserve grade but not first grade.

Foran has definitely been passive too and it isn't helping.

Who am I kidding our whole team is farked let's just ride out the next 2 years as best we can lol
The dude is trying but there is a level of incompetence that everyone reaches in life,like for example Julia Gillard hit it when she became prime minister.Lichaa tries,I've started seeing him pick up ball on the run,pass both sides but it doesn't come natural.He would have made a decent lock back in the mid 90's tightening the central defense and playing foil to the 5/8.I don't think he's on a lot of money and probably only gives us what he's worth.As the game is changing and the hooker plays less and less dummy half he might,and that's a huge might adapt but it isn't going to be at the Dogs.

Deathspell

Kennel Established
Reaction score
It was a figure of speech, I know a hooker is much more then a service provider, I’ve mentioned it plenty of times that licha never kicks, provided decent service or even create opportunities like a decent hooker should. What I was saying is that if he can’t even pass which is the bare minimum for a bloody hooker then he can fuk off. Nothing to learn at this stage of his career.

As what your saying about Foran I also mentioned that in previous posts. He plays to much to structure which isn’t working and doesn’t stamp his authority on the team. He never looks for the ball and just waits for it to go to his side. Hence why I’ve been bagging him out since round 2. He needs to inject himself like Maloney did for panthers and get repeat sets, crest opportunities, get the team going forward etc etc...
I agree,but it doesn't help when our forwards play like they only met yesterday,Lichaa is on minimum wage, even some ISP players earn more.He had 1 foot out the door and they threw him a lifeline.I'm sure no one will sign him once we let him go.He'll better start getting used to the cold, warm pints and fish and chips or maybe a frog or 2 because unless he buys a hotdog stand ,Europe is the only place he'll earn a living.It's sad but I'm serious.

Status
Not open for further replies.